MXS Italian Championship retires

Organize races and post results here
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

MXS Italian Championship retires

Post by honda23 »

Hi folks!

As the title says, the RKI/JDS Italia Racing Team is sad to announce that this year (and probably in the future) the ITC won't be organised.
We took this difficult decision according to the circumstances which affect us, out private lives and the very poor time that we now have to set up the whole championship. You all know that life goes on, responsibilities come and you realise that you must turn the page and focus on something else: speaking of myself, as i was the only track creator of this project, during university i could afford much time to organise all with my teammates but as i recently started working i realised that it was time to think about it seriously and take a decision.

For next year nothing is certain, we could come back, or not, who knows...one thing which is true is that during these 4 years (2015-2018) we had a lot of fun but also had to work very hard. People who organise championships know how much time it takes to build tracks from 0, creating objects, be creative as well. And i'm surely not one of the best track creators out here, i surely don't consider myself a great track creator but i know that i put a lot of effort in it and i'm very happy. Since when it started in 2015, we tried to improve everything in every aspect and we hope we have achieved our goal.
Our goal was to make a good championship, based on italian motocross tracks (most of them were unknown) with a good balance between realism and fun: feedbacks since 2015 have witnessed that our goal has been achieved and we couldn't be happier than that.
Again, the quality of tracks wasn't the best, i know i suck at making decals for example like other things but the way ruts and bumps were built in the first 3 years and the use of erode last year made racing quite good allowing some good battles that many of you will remember for sure (i hope :D ).

Nothing could have been done without the help of some people who also supported the serie:
- JLV: i don't take for granted i came across this beautiful game, what he created made the ITC possible;
- EMF crew and Yohann Mayer: thanks guys for letting us use the website to host our championship and for helping us when needed;
- TMFR and his proud owner Brad Escano: he sponsored the event on the TMFR website and has been always involved in this project;
- Maxime Tison: helped creating some decal overlays for tracks;
- Kristoffer Wenerklang, Jack Gatland, Matthias Havy, Alanas Saulys and Christoffer Jonsson: they did amazing streamings, race recaps and on-board videos;
- Lewis Lynds: created the new logo of our team;
- Matteo Gusmerini: built the very first Namur objects;
- MXS italian community: being very active in racing the serie;
- Every rider: everyone who took part in just one race of our championship during these 4 years;
- RKI/JDS Italia Racing Team: of course i cannot thank my teammates enough for pushing me to go on with this project. Thanks to the captain Ivan Dallari who helped in managing the ITC, Massimo Virdieri who skinned track objects and Luca Cavallero and Andrea Di Pietro who helped in the organisation.

I hope not to have missed anyone, in case i did i say sorry, i'll always be grateful for what you have done!

I would like to continue writing because i'll always have something more to say and i'm pretty sad this is the end but it would be too long for you to read. To sum up...thanks everybody for racing, we survived because you took part in the ITC and supported it, thanks everyone who helped in every kind way. We as a team are happy for what we have done for the community, we created new stuff, shared contents and made people racing freely on brand new tracks, we hope you had fun!
Another big thank you! :lol:

We still hope there will be an ITC comeback in the future and the RKI/JDS will still be around to play in MXS, surely not like years ago but we'll try to be there. I still have many track projects in my mind to be released, we'll see how far i can go...
For now it's just farewell and not goodbye folks :D

For the ones who don't know me, i'm Gabriele Grossi, the track creator of the ITC 8)

See ya and have a good time!
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Prats7

Re: MXS Italian Championship retires

Post by Prats7 »

Sad to hear, always had fun racing this series! Thanks for all this years of racing :D
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

I'll never forget the Namur rounds. Love you guys for creating that track <3.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

Thanks guys :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Really sad to see this go. You've put so much time into this so I really understand. Thanks for the good moments of racing! :)
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Never really raced these, but the few that I did, had a fun time, sad to see it go.