Bike Dyno's in RF Races

Organize races and post results here

Should the amateur classes be restricted to the old and slower dyno's?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:46 pm

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 87

FlyinHigh

Bike Dyno's in RF Races

Post by FlyinHigh »

Since this comment got some traction in the RF discord, thought I would post a poll and gather some more opinions. The thought process is that if they are restricted in overall speed (kind of like a stock bike vs mod bike), there would be less am's doing dumb stuff since they wouldn't physically be able to go for lines and whatnot they are not capable of doing yet in a consistent manner, which would force them to slow down and work on their skill. Would also separate the lap times to something more comparable to IRL. It could be done just by homologating their bikes for races just as the newer ones were for pro classes.
John23

Re: Bike Dyno's in RF Races

Post by John23 »

Kinda like and don't like the idea. As an AM myself, I like the idea of having to slow down, and take your time, but on the other hand, once you have a track figured out, it'd be nice to be able to hit fast lines. But contrary to that, AMs IRL aren't going 3-4-3 on pro SX tracks, so it brings more realism to the game. It'd be cool to do a test run before SX kinda like how we had tons of erode test races.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Trevor#91
Team: Proline Designs

Post by Trevor#91 »

FlyinHigh wrote:Since this comment got some traction in the RF discord, thought I would post a poll and gather some more opinions. The thought process is that if they are restricted in overall speed (kind of like a stock bike vs mod bike), there would be less am's doing dumb stuff since they wouldn't physically be able to go for lines and whatnot they are not capable of doing yet in a consistent manner, which would force them to slow down and work on their skill. Would also separate the lap times to something more comparable to IRL. It could be done just by homologating their bikes for races just as the newer ones were for pro classes.
i get the idea but morons will always find a way to do dumb things... the bikes really shouldn't be that different unless it was limited to like a suzuki 250
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Trevor#91 wrote:
FlyinHigh wrote:Since this comment got some traction in the RF discord, thought I would post a poll and gather some more opinions. The thought process is that if they are restricted in overall speed (kind of like a stock bike vs mod bike), there would be less am's doing dumb stuff since they wouldn't physically be able to go for lines and whatnot they are not capable of doing yet in a consistent manner, which would force them to slow down and work on their skill. Would also separate the lap times to something more comparable to IRL. It could be done just by homologating their bikes for races just as the newer ones were for pro classes.
i get the idea but morons will always find a way to do dumb things... the bikes really shouldn't be that different unless it was limited to like a suzuki 250
Well what I’m suggesting is old 250 dynos like the 07 yz250f. And on top of that potentially limiting the am class to only those bikes or the like for racing. Then after a year of ams, eligible to move up to the current faster bikes and for an A license. Then have to at least race a full year in 250’s before being eligible for a pro license. This would also help prevent people from being in a class they aren’t quite ready for yet.
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

Also I think like in real life they should only get half the rounds like the futures do. Less time needed to host and more incentive to move up.
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

only no votes are rogan