THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
Atom6246

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by Atom6246 »

Think we need to take a step back and realize how far erode has come.

BUT, in the same breath, I think the development has plateaued since 2019. Obviously the erode that is currently being used, isn't terrible, by any means. But I think there is still room for improvement. Possibly the room for improvement is hindered by lack of developer support, and optimization though.

Regardless, erode isn't "That bad" and personally, I think the positives out weigh the negatives.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

Erode was pretty good I thought. I personally hate that it just funnels into 1 giant rut instead of like a high around the top, in the middle, and a hard cut down rut. That's like real sx to me, because in quali they rail the berms then in the middle to end of the main they mostly cut down hard and stay inside and hit small lines.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

A little sleepy so not replying yet to the rest but fuck Gebhardt and Robb those were some sick ass takeouts. If that rut wasn’t there though would the guys in front of them have been able to go high and square up down? The guy behind can go in for the kill knowing where they’re going to be and make the pass happen 99% of the time now. And for 450s sake whoever said all we did before was rail the outside. Not a chance on 450s. I never rail a corner unless doing a quad in or something
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Isn’t that racing 101 though? If you go wide and leave the inside open, you’re bound to get your booty took from the inside. Also why I included the first gif. Guy in front cuts down early instead of going wide knowing the guy behind him was close and could push him out. Robb’s race craft is second to none. :lol:
ktm161
Team: Underground RC

Post by ktm161 »

I honestly use to love erode. this year its not bad but and its definitely not great but with a few more changes I think it could be really great for racing. if you took the erode limit away, make erode a smidge wider and turned erode up .1 more than usual to allow the main line to get choppy and force racers to switch lines that might help. also giving the berm alittle more angle. I'm no genius but I've done so many erode test with BAC (making tracks for it) back in the day and every time we did those things with the erode there were multiple lines and hardly any complains about it.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Personally I think each rounds layout can have a decent impact on quality of erode/ racing.The reality is, A1 was a fairly tight track compared to St Louis, and there’s going to be weeks where it’s feels hard to pass or get out.

I can’t imagine the racing scene lasting long if we went back to no erode, creating that point of difference in a scene that is currently the closest its ever been as far as I know, keeps things interesting for both the viewer and the racer, even if at the time you might feel heated from being on the shit end of it.

Also just to add, as someone who spent too many hours making “replica” tracks last year, it can be a big fucking kick in the guts to put your heart and soul into a track just for people to ridicule it into oblivion with dumb immature comments. Common courtesy goes a long way, and maybe instead of racing to the forums to dribble garbage after you didn’t make the main, try sit back and say ‘well shit maybe it just wasn’t my day’. I can’t comprehend the amount of hours that the rf guys put into the 20+ replica tracks they make a year, but they sure deserve more than people saying ‘x person should learn how to make tracks’.
nitromorphine218
Team: Privateer

Post by nitromorphine218 »

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to start racing but after requesting for a license I was given a B license. I could barely qualify for the novice 250 class. Bought the game a few years ago but like a lot just gave up after a few months of getting no where and now Im back to play and I enjoy it. I appreciate the help. Last few streams on twitch have had lots of people help me so I am getting better but no where close to am's class.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

D_ROY178 wrote:Personally I think each rounds layout can have a decent impact on quality of erode/ racing.The reality is, A1 was a fairly tight track compared to St Louis, and there’s going to be weeks where it’s feels hard to pass or get out.

I can’t imagine the racing scene lasting long if we went back to no erode, creating that point of difference in a scene that is currently the closest its ever been as far as I know, keeps things interesting for both the viewer and the racer, even if at the time you might feel heated from being on the shit end of it.

Also just to add, as someone who spent too many hours making “replica” tracks last year, it can be a big fucking kick in the guts to put your heart and soul into a track just for people to ridicule it into oblivion with dumb immature comments. Common courtesy goes a long way, and maybe instead of racing to the forums to dribble garbage after you didn’t make the main, try sit back and say ‘well shit maybe it just wasn’t my day’. I can’t comprehend the amount of hours that the rf guys put into the 20+ replica tracks they make a year, but they sure deserve more than people saying ‘x person should learn how to make tracks’.
Damn, good post with legitimate points.
Whiteracing204
Team: W.W. Designs Private

Post by Whiteracing204 »

Honestly St Louis isn't as bad as alot of people say it is BUT with that being said I know it's still not perfect. The first thing i noticed on both A1 and St Louis was how flat and slick the track is. The 180 corners didn't carry out and had no bank to carry momentum through the whole section. Raise the corners and carry them out further into the next section and add a couple of small ruts to keep it from being 1 lined. The second thing I noticed was how close the jump faces were to the corner making it harder to 3 into certain sections when they should've been pushed a little further away. I think with these 3 simple fixes, the track could be made a ton better. The truth is your not gonna make everyone happy and if It comes down to it, I say you make each round with different size burms, ruts, bumps, jumps, and whoops and let people vote to see which track was their favorite style so you can build the next year with that style track...
davidplaysmxgames21

Post by davidplaysmxgames21 »

why we cant just have a 450 B class?
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

davidplaysmxgames21 wrote:I'm too new to remember when Am didn't exist
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

KiCkErS dOnT eXiSt

mxer433
Team: Nami

Post by mxer433 »

MOTOZ293 wrote:KiCkErS dOnT eXiSt

didn't see anyone else having trouble with the kicker. aye nice run through the whoops tho. dont blame the track for lack of talent.
wocky slush
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

Post by MOTOZ293 »

mxer433 wrote:
MOTOZ293 wrote:KiCkErS dOnT eXiSt

didn't see anyone else having trouble with the kicker. aye nice run through the whoops tho. dont blame the track for lack of talent.
Im literally the only person that gets fucked by Physics, freak erode, other people falling into me, or people go down in front of me and i cant avoid it. Im have the worst luck. dont believe me watch my VOD
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Good racing tonight. Congrats on the win Braden and good race HP$. Bummed to lose 2nd on cuts but "super pumped!" to get on the podium!