THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by checkerz »

Snopro704 wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:
Snopro704 wrote:All it takes is one miracle send lap in this game
I can't believe how lucky the top 10, maybe even top 20 450 riders are. They've been doing it for 9 rounds already! Eventually their luck will run out tho....

right?
I'm talking the guys who are 25-45th every week.

Tonight further proved the lack of professionalism with the site being down and times locking in closer to 8:40. When it comes down to tenths of a second and people are getting bumped who would normally have gotten in then it's time to revisit the current format. 450 guys don't have to deal with TWENTY FIVE people in a server, and I think numbers have a lot to do with this problem being worsened. But it's not working, I can add Jeremy's own screenshotted words where he says times locked late, but then moves on as if I don't have the right to be peeved...?

If you've ever put effort into the pro scene you know how much of a motivation killer it is when you qualify but technical stuff on their end knocks out 5 or so deserving people who ran their lap in an hour unlike those who's servers restarted after 8:30. I started a thread awhile back trying to get clarification on when times locked, and tonight proves why they never answered me and still clearly don't have it under control.
My 2 pennies from someone who has been on the inside at rF before...

Could the times posting/website be improved? Yes
Do the times lock at the same time for everyone? Yes
Are you only upset because you aren't placing high enough to qualify? Yes

While updating the site/qualifying should be a priority (it actually is when I peaked into a place I still have access to); in it's current state it is doing it's job. Updating it mid-season is extremely risky because it's technology and not bulletproof. It is very easy to cause a bug that could completely cause things to not work at all properly and really mess up an event. Trust me, I've been part of that scenario and it isn't pretty. So while it isn't perfect right now, it's functional and that update in my opinion would be something to focus on between seasons when you can test it properly with an off season type event.

Just trying to share some insight from a different angle than you may have looked at it before.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Count this as a rage post idc but that was terrible. Bubble turns are back (still dont work), why is there a concrete wall in the middle of the sand, and why was the erode so choppy? I doubt erode is still getting developed but if that was a new setting please go back. The chop on the straights was horrid.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Atom6246 wrote:Count this as a rage post idc but that was terrible. Bubble turns are back (still dont work), why is there a concrete wall in the middle of the sand, and why was the erode so choppy? I doubt erode is still getting developed but if that was a new setting please go back. The chop on the straights was horrid.
This berm was soooo slick coming out of the sand...
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Atom6246 wrote:Count this as a rage post idc but that was terrible. Bubble turns are back (still dont work), why is there a concrete wall in the middle of the sand, and why was the erode so choppy? I doubt erode is still getting developed but if that was a new setting please go back. The chop on the straights was horrid.
^
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

First race I tried to qualify for. Track was really good in some spots and disappointing in others. I just hope berms never get built like after whoops/sand never happen again. I understand the time crunch. everything else was sick (albeit slippery, but I blame the track design). Good whoops for once!
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

rf bans are a joke

you can clearly see my distance in the first gyazo BARELY update from 1.0 to 0.4 instantly because i cased the triple and hit the timing gate later than usual.

this time stamp is at 18:30

second gyazo... i move after the finish line OBVIOUSLY.

this time stamp is at 19:10

not many places to move on a 50 second track with positions close by as well.

Find some real issues to ban people for.

I can see why so many people stopped playing
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Yung Kryp wrote:rf bans are a joke

you can clearly see my distance in the first gyazo BARELY update from 1.0 to 0.4 instantly because i cased the triple and hit the timing gate later than usual.

Lmao you even moved in the second clip. Dickerson also rides dirt in Dcopes clip and its a racing incident not aggressive racing. Jeremy is a fucking idiot and protests are a fucking JOKE this year. You get 2 weeks while you have people at daytona YEETING other riders and getting warnings. Cohenour is an idio.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Please show me where someone has ever received a penalty for running someone wide in a corner...

You seem to still be pretty emotional over your friend Chase McDonald not getting his Pro license.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

Also, Wilcox already had a one week suspension at A1 for the same thing.
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

I mean, you have a full start straight right after the whoops to move way earlier than what you did lol
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

AWood wrote:

Lmao you even moved in the second clip. Dickerson also rides dirt in Dcopes clip and its a racing incident not aggressive racing. Jeremy is a fucking idiot and protests are a fucking JOKE this year. You get 2 weeks while you have people at daytona YEETING other riders and getting warnings. Cohenour is an idio.
Whoa... hit the brakes. Without even looking, this isn't approached right by guys I'd like to stick up for.

First, I appreciate the evidence and times and though behind Kryp's message; however, a word of advice is to go straight to the source of an official. These dudes aren't the AMA, they are reasonable and want to get it right. Again, without seeing it at all... besides the last line, you have a point.

Reason I'm doing this without seeing it is, if you're arguing a valid point versus not will sway my opinion, right now, I have none and your points seem reasonable.

My dude Awood... Gonna owe you a beer after this or another hug. You've been doing a great job with Kellen in the booth early in the year from what I've seen. If you're going back, involving yourself into this isn't probably a good idea. As a commentator, choosing sides doesn't work. That's why when Kellen would say "bad" on someone, I'd always say "good" or vice versa - you do the same usually. It keeps the broadcast entertainment versus propaganda.

Also, Jeremy doesn't do protests.

Finally, the guys who do protests try their best to always be unbiased. I STILL see where they are debated and I can promise it isn't egos or who you like involved at all. I will say from experience, the guys "close" to the promoters typically get the stiffest punishments to try everything possible to avoid any claims of bias. Plus, they know the work that is going in and the standards the best, so they are held to it because of that.

Last addition. From a guy who has been there. Protests suck. No matter what someone and their friends will be pissed. I can promise at one point I told people to pay the protest guy more than anyone because the death threats they will receive. That isn't reality and they aren't getting more than some cheerios and try the best to be fair. I don't come around a ton, but honestly like being able to share some inside from the outside.

PS.. I'm going to look at the protest now. If it looks wrong I will even comment back that it looks wrong and tell the guys who I know that are still working on it. Not that it'll change, but as an outside opinion.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

As promised, my opinion for whatever it is worth.

Wilcox did move 100% out of the way eventually.

It did take awhile and could've happened easily after the whoops with losing .5 second or less; however, doesn't seem malicious.

If he hasn't had a warning, IMO, it's warning worthy before penalty worthy. If he has... it's penalty worthy because the timeframe staying in front.

It isn't IRL with lappers because most the time lappers aren't as skilled as a Wilcox and they wad they leaders... but from my time at least, the job in MXS rF is to get out of the way.

My feelings, no talking or judgement from anyone offical at all. I'm just a random player who has been around some spots with the game.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

checkerz wrote:Fire
<3
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Yung Kryp

Post by Yung Kryp »

AWood wrote:

Yung Kryp

Post by Yung Kryp »

Jeremy150 wrote:Also, Wilcox already had a one week suspension at A1 for the same thing.
Yeah... and the A1 gif i moved as well lol.. swinging way wide

https://i.gyazo.com/86565dd03bdad52ebeb ... 3ab1b2.mp4