THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Organize races and post results here
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Re: THE OFFICIAL MXS SX SERIES: 2020 rF Supercross (Pro and Amateur) (NA)

Post by aeffertz »

People were complaining about erode in MX last year, saying it should only be used in SX. Now everyone is saying erode outdoors is awesome and shouldn't be used in SX. Whaddaya know...

Rd. 2 erode looked better. There's one main rut because not enough people are willing to make a new line until the existing one is completely blown out. Like in the gifs Jeremy posted, you could easily not take the main rut and still do the rhythms. I saw a few people cutting down earlier in the corners to miss the big rut and to not follow the person ahead of them. Most memorable was Rush near the end of the race. Squared up the corner early and made the pass on whoever was following the rut.

We all want challenging, but fun, tracks and racing. We all want the game to get better. rF sinks all this time and effort in not to spite you guys but to try and progress the game and skill level. Personally, I took a step back from helping this year because it's really demotivating reading that every track you've helped with is shit. So I don't want to be wasting my time, or anyone elses time, on something that people don't even like or maybe the stuff I'm doing is what people don't like.

I say it often but there is literally nothing stopping the same 5 people (or any group of people) that complain about the track every week from making their own series, building it and running it the way they want. Competition is good. Seriously, someone make their own tracks and run their own points paying series that doesn't use erode. If people want that, they will race it. Instead we get:

"You guys that are doing the work should do what I want because I said so". Kick rocks.
Dunivant25

Post by Dunivant25 »

Well atleast everyone that has said someone is saying in more proper manner compared to past years. That's the only way I look at it. Idc if we run erode or not. Whatever keeps you guys around honestly, and keeps the racing scene going. But JLV please update the game.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I actually like erode. In some scenarios it's wonky and creates weird kickers that aren't necessarily realistic, but it adds an element to the game that keeps me interested in racing each week. One day I'll love it in SX, the next day hate it, but the only complaint is how sketchy corners get while it's forming. There's always been a grey area from the start of the race until ruts begin to form where there's no defined line and it's just slippery.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Well we’ve found the people that are keeping it around at least. I get you’ve put a lot of time into it but the pros of going back to normal outweigh the cons in most people’s eyes. I just want good racing.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

Also for the complaint of not being able to cut down out of ruts, I know that was an issue on A1, that was my mistake, I didn't paint the tile correctly. Round 2 was definitely better, and was easy to cut down out of ruts.

Those gifs are only on lap 8...
ColtonM

Post by ColtonM »

My the quote didnt work right but you get the point. Those gifs are only on lap 8 we did 25 :?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Might be a good idea to disable the erode limit. With it set it'll wear down to the limit and stop, leaving a smooth bottom in the rut. With no limit it'll get rougher and make the main line get slower.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

AWood wrote:Well we’ve found the people that are keeping it around at least. I get you’ve put a lot of time into it but the pros of going back to normal outweigh the cons in most people’s eyes. I just want good racing.
I think the racing has been pretty good so far though, in my opinion. I'd argue its better than the typical follow the leader races of the non erode past. Is it harder, yeah, but I think it's better to watch and for some more fun to work with an ever changing track. I know you've never been a fan of erode and don't like the ruts in corners so I get it... I just don't understand the "there's a big rut in the corner so that's the only line someone will take' attitude as if everyone didn't just rail the outside 90% of the time when they were big bowl turns. "Well you could cut under someone before!" See:

I think it creates more passing opportunities, to be honest. If you see the guy is going to go wide and hit that main rut, you can cut under early or you can go inside of them because you already know which way they are headed.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Would LOVE to know how many of the 105 individuals that voted for erode are actually people that are consistently in the mains. Pretty easy to vote “yes” for an option when you’re not the one that’s actually forced to suffer through the main event each week
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Also, notice that the 3 individuals heavily pushing erode are Jeremy, Race, and Aeffertz. All involved with rF. Obviously erode isn’t going to be removed because they are the jury and the judge when it comes to the competitive scene. Sad.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

KaseoDip wrote:Also, notice that the 3 individuals heavily pushing erode are Jeremy, Race, and Aeffertz. All involved with rF. Obviously erode isn’t going to be removed because they are the jury and the judge when it comes to the competitive scene. Sad.
The people running the series are the ones that dictate the way the series is run. Surprise!

And like I mentioned earlier, I decided to not really be part of the crew this year because I was tired of being shit on every week and decided I could spend my free time doing other things that actually benefit me. If the crew wanted to not run erode anymore, me saying I like erode wouldn't force them to run erode. I'm just countering the points being made.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

KaseoDip wrote:Would LOVE to know how many of the 105 individuals that voted for erode are actually people that are consistently in the mains. Pretty easy to vote “yes” for an option when you’re not the one that’s actually forced to suffer through the main event each week
Not very fair to say right? It can easily be reversed.
KaseoDip wrote:Also, notice that the 3 individuals heavily pushing erode are Jeremy, Race, and Aeffertz...
Kind of hard to not come off as "pushing erode" when people ask questions on why we use it.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Last thing I feel like saying is people hated erode for MX at first, now I would say the majority really like it. The only way to make something better is to work through it and that comes by making slight changes week to week until it is ironed out.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Interesting to know how many of the riders (like Kasey mentioned) that voted in the poll actually race rF and make main events and have experience racing erode.
Wilson156
Team: AektivCo

Post by Wilson156 »

I make the mains and id rather race with erode.
Robert Wilson | AektivCo