Tips for being chosen for a Team

Organize races and post results here
JP37R
Team: JPR

Tips for being chosen for a Team

Post by JP37R »

So you've ridden MXS for a little while now and you think you are worthy of being chosen for a team... read on to see what I look for in prospective team members.

I'm no role model for online behavior, I've had my days, but overall I do my best to ride clean and be polite to others in the public servers, a prospective team member should exhibit the same sort of online behavior more often than not. This simulator can be extremely frustrating at times and I understand we can't always hide our frustration, but if you're having an especially bad day you should probably go ride your mountain bike or hit the gym instead of playing, at least those activities will usually give you a better feeling afterward. The main thing here is to try and develop a favorable reputation with most of the other players, keep in mind there are some out there who just want to bait you into an online arguing match, just don't take the bait. Avoiding the bait can be as easy as activating "--hidden-hud" which also hides the chat so you don't have to see any of the trash that's being tossed at you. Your best bet is to build a positive reputation as a good clean player and usually pretty nice guy or gal to be considered for placement on my team.

Don't beg to be on someones team, begging usually results in the opposite of the desired effect. This includes being a obvious kiss-up online telling us how great you think we are etc... We went on the public servers to race and "maybe" we'll come across a prospective team member. If I see you online often and you're always asking if theres a spot on the team, you've probably closed your own door. If I want you for my team I'll find a way to ask.

If you're a team jumper and can't stick with a team for a while, then I probably won't be looking to take you in my team. The same goes for those of you who start teams right away and end up making multiple teams that each end in failure a few days later.

One of the trends around here is to send fill out an "application" and send a demo for consideration on a team. This is where I differ from most other teams. I would rather ride online and have some decent battles and chat a little to see if I even like you enough to be interested in considering you for a prospective place on my team. I'm more impressed by real-time ingame riding skills than I am a demo of your best riding day ever. If I never see you online when I'm there, you'll probably never even be considered for my team.

If you're good at making something for the game, skins, tracks, etc... make some quality stuff and post it for download, teams look at these things even if you're not the best rider. Also, if you are going to make something, don't rush to get it out to everyone, be critical of your own work and don't put it out if it's not very good, just keep at it until you honestly feel it's good work and likely others will think so too.

If you think being on a team is going to reveal the "secrets" of mxsimulator, you are just dreaming. Most of the time will be spent honing your own skills and putting in lots of practice and testing various setups to find out what works best for you. Teammates can help you with setups and riding tips, but ultimately it's up to you to figure out what works for you.

If any other teams have any good advice for what you look for in a prospective team member, post it up!
Flamin32
Team: Privateer

Re: Tips for being chosen for a Team

Post by Flamin32 »

Nice guide, let's just hope some peeps will listen to it and learn from it.
Junior
Team: Privateer

Re: Tips for being chosen for a Team

Post by Junior »

Much needed forum for certian people. :)
Skype- Junior-518
Time for the MX Season =)