2011 SX Series Rd 2 - Thursday Night Jan 13

Organize races and post results here
ddmx

Re: 2011 SX Series Rd 2 - Thursday Night Jan 13

Post by ddmx »

@Mikey

No worries man, you can't help the fact that you live half way around the world from the server.

@sween

Maybe, maybe it was. Having been a racer for 15 years of my life, and now not having a bike, this game supplements the life I used to live. When I want to win so bad, losing is unbearable. Sure, there are better ways to lose, sometimes I just get caught up in the moment. Don't think I haven't been regretting that post since I woke up.
HeGgE
Team: Adept

Post by HeGgE »

Yes as someone said, its alot about luck and theese new guys dont really care if the make a pile up. thats what happened to me all night yesterday :/ thats racing but i would still love to have like in real life with a "450" class and a "250" class just to split it up. the racing ezperience would increase so much, and there is enough riders on mxs to fill up both classes if that maybe happens to next year, with that said ill see you guys next time :)
Jester#132

Post by Jester#132 »

Alot of people have been asking for a B class though, and I dont think alot of you 'pro's' wanted that (if I remember correct), ofcourse the 'noobs' wanna race as well, and I doubt ANY of em intentionally causes first corner pileups..
It's just lack of control, hence why a B class would be nice, so the guys that can actually control their virtual horse can all race cleanly and not have to get emotional cause some 'noob' forgot to brake in time for corner 1.
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
HeGgE
Team: Adept

Post by HeGgE »

And of course the "noobs" should be able to race im not saying that they shouldnt but it would be nice with a b class aswell, to split it up a bit more :)
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

There are people in the top 10 in lap times that don't understand how to get through a first turn cleanly, much less be patient enough to not go crashing into everyone they see on the track. Honestly the fact that I am a good starter is a huge disadvantage to me as I always get run over under braking for turn one. Can you say frustrating? How many times IRL do you see a guy have a wheel up on the field going into the first corner only to get mowed down the the dude behind him trying to win it in T1?

I think JLV should make us do practice starts, starting at 9est, until everyone can make it through T1 clean, and then start the racing.... :twisted:
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
JLV lowered the bitrate before the main. Kind of wish he hadn't messed with it at all because it was fine last week.
Sweendoggy wrote:bitrate was why the server was fuckin up....Sorry you had "less than stellar" conditions all mighty shack...listen to yourself man, you are better than that. You really think your race would have been different? You did good, had some problems for a few laps, went back to 9th and climb back up to 4th....so you aren't dominating like last year, racing is intense this year, I don't think anything woulda changed, and I didn't see a big problem with lag

I think you guys need to get off this MOB PSYCHOLOGY BULLSHIT AND MAN UP. I don't think I've ever heard so many grown men bitch that much, it's ridiculous. JLV had his hands full tonight, while you all sat there wanting perfection. Deal with what you are given and STFU....I could care less if all of the people I quoted in this post EVER come back to this game.....GET OVER YOURSELVES and fucking man up about having a bad race, whether it's your fault or not. JLV will no doubt work round the clock to be better next week, and keep all you ungrateful pricks happy. If you don't want to be here, DONT
Wow Sween, what the hell are you raging at me for? I was simply stating why everyone in the server was skippy during the main event. Maybe you should take your own advice and listen to YOUR self... YOU OF ALL PEOPLE!

First off, the entire main event i was helping jlv out, especially with the situation with #653 in the second. I was trying to make sure things were going fairly. I do this because i know JLV has a lot on his plate during these events. Thats what us track marshalls are supposed to do.

The fact is, people are pissed off because their racing experience is ruined by unsmooth opponents (skippiness, bitrate). Couple this with steering lock, and you have a situation (like i had half the main event) where you absolutely CAN NOT pass a laggy rider infront of you because they are skipping all over the track, whether it be a pass for position or lapping someone.

We never, ever had this problem in the past. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that racing was 5x better last season than it was this season.... and I'm not saying that just because I haven't won the first two rounds either. Listen to everyone! Its the common opinion around here. I don't blame ddmx at all for calling it quits. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how much you practice anymore; you are better off betting on luck rather than skill.

Do not get me wrong here, I'm not blaming the crash physics or the steering lock, as they are great additions to the game. However, there are only about 10-15 guys in this community that can actually handle them in an elite event, some of which don't make the main because the rest of the community can't handle them in a race setting.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:
JLV lowered the bitrate before the main. Kind of wish he hadn't messed with it at all because it was fine last week.
Sweendoggy wrote:bitrate was why the server was fuckin up....Sorry you had "less than stellar" conditions all mighty shack...listen to yourself man, you are better than that. You really think your race would have been different? You did good, had some problems for a few laps, went back to 9th and climb back up to 4th....so you aren't dominating like last year, racing is intense this year, I don't think anything woulda changed, and I didn't see a big problem with lag

I think you guys need to get off this MOB PSYCHOLOGY BULLSHIT AND MAN UP. I don't think I've ever heard so many grown men bitch that much, it's ridiculous. JLV had his hands full tonight, while you all sat there wanting perfection. Deal with what you are given and STFU....I could care less if all of the people I quoted in this post EVER come back to this game.....GET OVER YOURSELVES and fucking man up about having a bad race, whether it's your fault or not. JLV will no doubt work round the clock to be better next week, and keep all you ungrateful pricks happy. If you don't want to be here, DONT
Wow Sween, what the hell are you raging at me for? I was simply stating why everyone in the server was skippy during the main event. Maybe you should take your own advice and listen to YOUR self... YOU OF ALL PEOPLE!

First off, the entire main event i was helping jlv out, especially with the situation with #653 in the second. I was trying to make sure things were going fairly. I do this because i know JLV has a lot on his plate during these events. Thats what us track marshalls are supposed to do.

The fact is, people are pissed off because their racing experience is ruined by unsmooth opponents (skippiness, bitrate). Couple this with steering lock, and you have a situation (like i had half the main event) where you absolutely CAN NOT pass a laggy rider infront of you because they are skipping all over the track, whether it be a pass for position or lapping someone.

We never, ever had this problem in the past. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that racing was 5x better last season than it was this season.... and I'm not saying that just because I haven't won the first two rounds either. Listen to everyone! Its the common opinion around here. I don't blame ddmx at all for calling it quits. When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter how much you practice anymore; you are better off betting on luck rather than skill.

Do not get me wrong here, I'm not blaming the crash physics or the steering lock, as they are great additions to the game. However, there are only about 10-15 guys in this community that can actually handle them in an elite event, some of which don't make the main because the rest of the community can't handle them in a race setting.
Shack, fact of the matter is, in the last 4 days you've been the whiniest bitch to ever play mxs. In vent on Monday yzed had music playing in the background and you raged about it. Ya know how many times we've sat and listened to you chomp on some food or talk on the phone? Must be nice to have a world that revolves around you. Then the track gets released Tuesday and you openly say "don't watch me" in chat online as well as raging at jack for watching your lines. You know how ridiculous that is? At professional events the semi driver video tapes practice and the races so guys can see what others are doing through certain sections. Last I checked jimmy stewart doesn't have the authority to tell people not to watch him ride. Honestly, if you're as fast as you think you are, you wouldn't care if people watched you to find the fast lines. Then after the main event, you come into vent and say how it takes pure luck to win these days. Jones won, straight up. You think it makes him feel good that you're chalking up his first win to luck? As I see it, he ran 55's consistently and you didn't. That's why he won. And you saying that you coldnt get around a guy running 1:05's? If you're 10 seconds a lap faster, you can get around. Take a different line. Sack up and jump past him. Seems you have chalked up both losses this year to other peoples bad riding, rather than cracking under pressure. The fast guys will be fast, quit bitchin and start racin.

#ragepostdone
DJD

Post by DJD »

wheels1758 wrote:And you saying that you coldnt get around a guy running 1:05's? If you're 10 seconds a lap faster, you can get around. Take a different line. Sack up and jump past him.
Wow, epic rant. Were you even in the main?

Its hard to take a different line when the guy is bouncing around the track like photon trying to escape the core of the sun. You take a line you think will work then you go flying off the track.

Then get taken out 5 times while trying to get back on the track. I think shack has room to be frustrated.
sweden
Team: JPR

Post by sweden »

ohh i didnt now jones won ! :) congratulations !!

hehe i got disconnected becuase my dad woke up and started raqing at me and also becuase i was taken out by some lappers and got a little pissed of at one moment there , but thats racing , rd3 coming up! i hope its gonna go better there :D
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

You guys all are whining to much. And I'm most dissapointed in you Dave. Rage quit? Then that post? What Dave has posted in here does not represent dxb in anyway.

You need to be PATIENT! Lappers aren't going to just move out of the way (thanks to mikey, and some others who did) so you have to take different lines, and wait for the perfect pass. Its kinda bullshit, everyone in the vent was saying "You won because of luck." No I won because I wasn't dumbass when it came to lappers. I rode consitant 55's the entire moto, with slowing up so I didn't hit lappers.

Josh, I had fun. Thank you for doing everything, even though it was a rough night.
only one to win something real from the game!
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

wheels1758 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:

Shack, fact of the matter is, in the last 4 days you've been the whiniest bitch to ever play mxs. In vent on Monday yzed had music playing in the background and you raged about it. Ya know how many times we've sat and listened to you chomp on some food or talk on the phone? Must be nice to have a world that revolves around you. Then the track gets released Tuesday and you openly say "don't watch me" in chat online as well as raging at jack for watching your lines. You know how ridiculous that is? At professional events the semi driver video tapes practice and the races so guys can see what others are doing through certain sections. Last I checked jimmy stewart doesn't have the authority to tell people not to watch him ride. Honestly, if you're as fast as you think you are, you wouldn't care if people watched you to find the fast lines. Then after the main event, you come into vent and say how it takes pure luck to win these days. Jones won, straight up. You think it makes him feel good that you're chalking up his first win to luck? As I see it, he ran 55's consistently and you didn't. That's why he won. And you saying that you couldnt get around a guy running 1:05's? If you're 10 seconds a lap faster, you can get around. Take a different line. Sack up and jump past him. Seems you have chalked up both losses this year to other peoples bad riding, rather than cracking under pressure. The fast guys will be fast, quit bitchin and start racin.

#ragepostdone
First sween, now wheels? Holy shit, is it rage on Shack week? No one told me about this party.

First off, what does vent have to do with MXS? Its a separate entity entirely. How are you going to sit there and make it seem like i was the ONLY person telling yz to turn his music down.... and how are you going to sit there and make it seem like i yelled and screamed like a child. "FACT OF THE MATTER" is that everyone in the chat that day was telling him to turn his music off or turn his mic off. End of story.

Track gets released Tuesday, we are all on vent waiting for the track to go on the server, and we all running single player, all announcing our lap times to each other. When the server came up, we all went in. The very first thing I noticed is that jack was not riding, just sitting there, and I accused him of watching me, as others in the chat were. If he would of admitted it right away, it probably would of ended there. Instead, he denied it and it turned into this whole argument on xfire, mainly because thats the type of person jack is (everyone knows this). That having been said, honestly I do find it irritating that I have the experience to figure out lines on my own only to have people without experience, will, and/or talent to just copy my every move. I'm not sitting here saying I'm the holy grail of MXS because i sure do have many weaknesses in this game, but how does that take any skill? Back in the MCM2 days, there were locked track tournaments where the tracks were released 1 hour before race time, so everyone had the same amount of time to practice. Some guys chose to practice online while others offline. Real talent and experience shined then.

The first thing i did last night after the race was congratulate Jones for the win. Maybe you guys didn't hear me, because apparently my mic was freaking out last night. NEVER did i say Jones got lucky. Screw you for putting words in my mouth and making me seem arrogant. Jones did win straight up, fair and square, i haven't and won't take that from him. His new "Stiffer than your mom" computer really pulled through for him last night :lol:.

And yes, i was stuck behind #838 for a good portion of the race because he had something like a 350-500 ping and he was skipping all over the place in front of me. I was trying to be very patient. There was no way i could pass him safely without risking taking myself out, so i had to sit back and wait until he crashed out. I will say that i was more inconsistent last night than i usually am; i chalk it up to being pissed about laggy riders and the minefield of down riders all over the track. I think anyone would be lying if they said they weren't pissed off that race for similar reasons.

I find it funny that the guys that are considered "fast" are consistently pissed, and the guys that are considered "mediocre" or "slow" have the argument that the fast guys should be able to magically avoid the massacre that happens during these events.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

yzmxer608 wrote:
KTM57 wrote:I guess he moved from San Fran to Texas (Fort Worth?) and then to Minnesota. But Texas infects you.
He's in Missouri now.
Dang, I got the M-I-double consonants mixed up.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8266124/
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

"And this is to pretty much everyone, UMADBRO?"

lawl, that was perfect ktm!
only one to win something real from the game!
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

The big issue I notice here, and sorry ahead of time shack if My grammer is not up to par with yours.

The fact of the matter, this is a game. I am sure we have all come to grips with this fact. However unlike real life it is not 100% possible to control exactly what you do, or what happens around you. Given this is a main event, which I am not apart of " YET ", but the thing that really chaps my bullocks is even when the server is up, and we are all practicing. All the " fast " guys rage at everyone for racing them, or trying to learn things on there own terms. I found this highly disrespectful to me, even tho with phoenix No one ever got onto me for anything seeing as I always try to get off the track when I am being lapped, which is literally every race atm..

So what a lapper gets in the way, just like in " real " life all of the lead lap guys have to navigate there own way around them.. Sometimes it causes issues sometimes not. I just wish on normal practice days, some of you would get of the High horse, and be nice to the many who are not as talented at this game as your selfs. I can not tell you how many times I noticed f off, f this, f that leave you twat etc. To me if I was joining the server for the very first time after just buying this game, I would be highly offended , and would not look upon this game.

Look I know I am new and probably have no grounds to even say anything but, I just think things would run much smoother if everyone, treated this as a game, for fun, friends, and excitment. Then maybe some of these issues would be resolved quicker than longer. I understand about the lagg etc, that is just part of games, and connections and what not.

Let's just all take a breather, chill out, and focus on LA round 3. plenty of rounds to get this going again..

NOTE: something I also noticed on a few of the demos were that even the " fast " guys were helping the cause in the pileups, for example. coming from outside cutting sharply inside when there are riders right next to you, given that is the goal to shut them off, but that also could cause a crash or two, just stating it was not all the slower new guys...
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It looks like Jones is out on parole(grats to you) and has a voice again.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.