2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 11 - Thursday Night Mar 17

Organize races and post results here
Prologue

Re: 2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 11 - Thursday Night Mar 17

Post by Prologue »

But they bounce about in MXS (should have been added on at the end there).
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Man im glad the pro's dont go on and on about this shit IRL as much as people do on here. especially for a simple hit like that. Yeah it coulda been avoided but if it happened to some bloke fighting for a mid pack finish no one woulda cared. Just line him up next week, Harden the fuck up.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

dylan22 wrote:Man im glad the pro's dont go on and on about this shit IRL as much as people do on here. especially for a simple hit like that. Yeah it coulda been avoided but if it happened to some bloke fighting for a mid pack finish no one woulda cared. Just line him up next week, Harden the fuck up.
Actually well said, man up and stop bitching ciz u either didn't win, or got hit. " Rubbins racing " looking forward to see what drama unfolds next week....
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

yzmxer608 wrote:Yeah Sween, I was mad but didn't break anything :lol:. Mikey got a new one already.
Sorry for double post lmao, true champ right there. But makes me wonder mikey, haha how many does this make now, as pro as ur rages seem to be ( hear say ) seems like a work of a pro haha
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

2; 1 360 PC and 1 360 xbox. :lol:.

They last a while though i rage at least twice a week. There either really strong or im really weak, but im damn sure there just strong haha
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
MXJProductions

Post by MXJProductions »

I guess there kid tested mikey approved haha
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Being on vent during the races has been awesome! I used to mute it so I could concentrate, but lately I've been leaving it on and rofling at the RAGERS!!!! It keeps me relaxed during the race if I'm having a good one, lol. If I'm not I'm sure to let everyone know about it! Haha.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Prologue wrote:Thanks for the breakdown. That time lag is pretty bad but couldn't a higher order taylor expansion (with velocity, acceleration, jerk, and on) be generated locally on each client from previously sent data, time step through the collision response, then implement an exp(-time of last collision) time weighted averaging scheme to pull the position back to the 'correct' value ('correct' meaning the position of the person on their own computer). But even if that worked it still would just behave like you are riding with a cpu locally on your computer (ideally at least) and those local collisions still feel pretty elastic to me. So, the big problem is the delayed response for sure, but even nondelayed responses still feel too energetic for me, bikes usually kinda stay together when they hit from crunching plastic and bones and whatnot.
I can't say I know how to guess at the collision response with a Taylor series. I'd just send it through ODE's solver which would be the closest I could get to the correct answer. The main problem will be merging the prediction with what actually happened after the fact.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.