2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 15 - Thursday Night Apr 14

Organize races and post results here
ShackAttack12

Re: 2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 15 - Thursday Night Apr 14

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I kinda have to agree with Mikey to an extent.

One thing lacking on these tracks is proper recreation of the type of dirt each city has.

Seattle is notorious for soft dry dirt, and is usually very rutted.

Check out Seattle 2010
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Shacks seen Seattle.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

jlv wrote:You could check with the editor (triple takeoffs are 7.5 feet above the base track) but I don't think there's a problem. I really doubt there will be any 5 footers in the first section. Even as it is it's causing big pileups.
After riding the track, I really only have a problem with the first rhythm. To be honest, it's those two rolled out tables/half of a dragons back? things. They're so rolled out and low it's hard to get pop off of them, and it's hard to downside them since the backsides really aren't flat at all.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

I'm actually diggin the track a lot. Although I fully agree with Mikey it would be great to have some rutted, blue groove, muddy, ect tracks its completely unrealistic to expect those from jlv considering he makes them weeks in advance from the actual race. As we have seem on a couple times this year the dirt at certain tracks has been different than in the past and in no way would Jlv be able to predict the weather.

I think we are getting spoiled and under appreciating getting an awesome Sx each week.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Rutted track? Are you guys retarded?

You complain every week because the tracks are one lined and tough to pass on, but yet you want ruts on them to make them even more one lined?

You bitch because only about 10 people can actually turn laps without crashing, but you want ruts that will only make more people crash?

You complain because it's too easy to wash the front end out in a huge berm, but you want ruts added to those berms so you can tuck the front end more often when you miss a rut?

I could keep going, but I feel like it would be talking to a brick wall....
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Phathry25 wrote:Rutted track? Are you guys retarded?

You complain every week because the tracks are one lined and tough to pass on, but yet you want ruts on them to make them even more one lined?

You bitch because only about 10 people can actually turn laps without crashing, but you want ruts that will only make more people crash?

You complain because it's too easy to wash the front end out in a huge berm, but you want ruts added to those berms so you can tuck the front end more often when you miss a rut?

Wheels1758 likes this.

Let's let JLV make the tracks that are good for race night, and Checkerz can come through with the rutted, technical track for funsies :)
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Phathry25 wrote:
You are.

Mikey, you should be thankful JLV is even doing this series. I don't know a single other person in this community that would release 17 tracks that look and ride better than ANY other supercross. And ruts are stupid on supercross, that is designed for everyone to ride. You and your little vent buddies aren't the only people who ride these tracks. Grow up and be thankful for once.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

yzmxer608 wrote:After riding the track, I really only have a problem with the first rhythm. To be honest, it's those two rolled out tables/half of a dragons back? things. They're so rolled out and low it's hard to get pop off of them, and it's hard to downside them since the backsides really aren't flat at all.
I'm not sure what those things are supposed to be. If it were 3 peaked 3 footers with that spacing there would be no way to make use of the middle jump. So I assumed they'd be rounded off like really big whoops. It's definitely an odd section though. I'll be surprised if I got it right.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Thank you Phathry and voutare for having some sense. I totally agree with YZ about that rhythm, I think JLV did it true to the map, but unfortunately it is very awkward to ride. You just don't get any lift off those dragon's back type things, so you have to roll over the top, or go with a good chance of casing the landing if you try to jump it. Anyway, awesome to have a preview of the weekend's track, and we'll see exactly what it's like Saturday night. So excited for another live broadcast!
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

http://racerxonline.com/2011/04/12/seat ... -track-map
Even tho this dude is shit at making preview videos, he has it setup sorta like a ghetto version of a dragonsback.

Love the track jlv. For once I can do clean laps lol...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:After riding the track, I really only have a problem with the first rhythm. To be honest, it's those two rolled out tables/half of a dragons back? things. They're so rolled out and low it's hard to get pop off of them, and it's hard to downside them since the backsides really aren't flat at all.
I'm not sure what those things are supposed to be. If it were 3 peaked 3 footers with that spacing there would be no way to make use of the middle jump. So I assumed they'd be rounded off like really big whoops. It's definitely an odd section though. I'll be surprised if I got it right.
Yeah, it's hard to tell what they are from the map. I think I have the section down though, it's a tough one.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Voutare wrote:Grow up and be thankful for once.
Because Daytona gets rough and Seattle doesn't get runts...

You're a dumbass..... each week i thank JLV kid, go home.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Mikey wrote:

Not getting enough HON in lately Mikey? :P
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

ddmx wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Not getting enough HON in lately Mikey? :P
Mikey deleted HON :shock:
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Dirt Deformation FTW :S