2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 17- Thursday Night May 5

Organize races and post results here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2011 SX Series by MotoOption Rd 17- Thursday Night May 5

Post by jlv »

Phathry25 wrote:Results on main page are wrong. Yzed 4th, me 5th.

Like I said last night, my crashes were my fault. The first one I was literally shaking my head at the dude pulling onto the track just in front of me. I also saw him, later in the race, own Darr by doing the same exact thing. These sort of things drive me nuts. The second one with 69 I didn't see him until it was too late due to the shadows. He was 3rd on the start, and being lapped on lap 3, and you think I was frustrated! This is where our opinions are going to vary Josh.... I watched the race from 69's perspective. I saw him and 88 come together a few times, yes, I also saw him enter the track in a dangerous manner several times, hold up leaders for laps at a time, and just generally be in the way. I don't see how cross jumping in a section in front of a leader that's been trying to lap you for almost an entire lap can be viewed as trying your best to get out of the way. But hey, different strokes for different folks.
I watched again and you're right about him pulling onto the track carelessly. It only happened twice though. The first time was in front of you with no contact. The second time was with Darr #327 where they collided.

When he was down it was usually because either 88 or 327 fell in front of him or took him out.

An unnamed gooney vet rider on a 125 lapped him without any trouble...
Phathry25 wrote:He was complaining that everyone was taking him out during the race, if you watch closely, you'll see that when you stop in the middle of every corner you're probably going to get hit in every corner, this is what 69 was doing.
If he really is that slow I don't see how you can blame him and not the people who take him out. If he's stopping in corners it should be easy to pass him without any risky contact. He really wasn't that slow though, and most of his wrecks weren't his fault.
Phathry25 wrote:On a positive note, 69 did make JLV look fast! :twisted:
Just for that I'm rubbing in the holeshot of the century that you threw away! Must have been a 2 second lead right out of the first turn!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TBARRY34 wrote:Not that it changes anything but Yzed deserves some credit for being the fastest 125 rider every week. Next year maybe he'll get a 4-stroke and start getting some wins! Come to the dark side!!!!
Thanks :). Just find a way to get rid of the engine braking and I might consider it :twisted:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I watched the demo again. My apologies to:

-Whoever I took out in the first turn by hitting the bales.
-JLV for what happened in the sand, I thought I was farther over than that.
-Whoever hit JLV in the sand after that.
-DJD before the whoops because I cut down too early.
-Jones because I gooned it up and got my front tire over the curb berm.
-Mark Twain for doing a front flip into his landing zone before the whoops.

Too long of a list than what I would have liked :(.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

yzmxer608 wrote:Just find a way to get rid of the engine braking and I might consider it :twisted:.
They've recently added a feature to motorcycles to help with this very problem, you see...its called a "clutch".
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

jlv wrote:I watched again and you're right about him pulling onto the track carelessly. It only happened twice though. The first time was in front of you with no contact. The second time was with Darr #327 where they collided.

When he was down it was usually because either 88 or 327 fell in front of him or took him out.

An unnamed gooney vet rider on a 125 lapped him without any trouble...

If he really is that slow I don't see how you can blame him and not the people who take him out. If he's stopping in corners it should be easy to pass him without any risky contact. He really wasn't that slow though, and most of his wrecks weren't his fault.

Just for that I'm rubbing in the holeshot of the century that you threw away! Must have been a 2 second lead right out of the first turn!
Good points, it's just that you never see it coming until you brush his rear wheel with your front, and we all know what happens next! :mrgreen: At that point frustration takes over, and you make sure it doesn't happen next time. Don't you dare say that unnamed gooney vet rider was on a 125, we all know that thing is a 144!

That holeshot was epic! I'm sure that's 99% of my problem with this main event! LOL.

@Nate, nothing you could do!.... although I bet an engine brake would have saved you in from that situation. :P
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Just find a way to get rid of the engine braking and I might consider it :twisted:.
They've recently added a feature to motorcycles to help with this very problem, you see...its called a "clutch".
Hmmmm, never thought of doing that before haha.

Just tried it, it's so hard to stop :P. I figured out I have to stop downshifting so fast, that's when my back end starts sliding around, if I keep it in a higher gear it brakes straighter. Got a 1:03.7 with the 250f, 1:04 after that with a 125.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Had the same prob. with other racing games. Then started downshifting later in the braking zone for faster times. Do the bulk of decel in the gear you're in then, as the revs drop, bang down through the gears.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.