MXSP 2011 Fall Series

Organize races and post results here
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Re: MXSP 2011 Fall Series

Post by mxrewind665 »

i wont be making it till round 3 or so :cry: wich sucks because i love the tracks and was looking to own lmao. o well
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

Round 2 is in 24 hours 5mins
Joe

Post by Joe »

2 hours 10mins till moto 1
Joe

Post by Joe »

One more thing we have set up a Mumble server for everyone to join so we can all bash on each other during the race

Download Mumble client Here

Server info

Server Address mxsp.mumble.com
Port 5975

Why is mumble good everyone uses vent/skype etc? Why should I switch!

A user on the LoL forums wrote this

Mumble is a VoIP service much like rest, but it is a completely open source and FREE, both the client and server are licensed under the GPLv2 and are available on all common platforms. It allows anybody to host their own private server or use a global server provided by the creators of Mumble..It also supports encryption, what's that? Don't ask ventrilo.

Why is Mumble so great? Well.. I'll take some issues that some VoIP programs have and I'll compare them to mumble and see what happens!

Ventrilo : Latency, High.even low-ping servers have a 1-2 second delay due to the Ventrilo protocol.
Skype : Latency, High: Skype is optimized for casual chatter, not realtime-when-it-counts communications.
Mumble : Latency, Extremely low: communications happen in milliseconds, not seconds. (I currently run a server with a 0.16ms delay with 12 people logged in)

Ok, that's just one.. What about when someone log's into your vent server and yells into their mic and you rip off your headphones and find some issues cause you're bleeding from the ears? Let's compare that.

Ventrilo : Sound Normalization. Manual. You're forced to lower your game and change someone's volume once you're returned from the fetal position.
Mumble : Sound Normalization. Automatic. Mumble adjusts volume automatically so you don’t have to set up complex filters or tweak individual volume levels to get everyone sounding right.. Or from blowing your ear drums for fun.

Let's say Riot wants to add Mumble into their source code and provide a global chat for each time.. Well.. Mumble would be a great add-on, not only because it is open source but.. Its script ability. Mumble is scriptable from many languages, including C++, Java, .NET, Python, PHP, Ruby, and Objective-C. Or you can continue to pay for Ventrilo.

How about some Over-The-Top coolness? Positional Audio. Yeah I won't even compare that to Skype or Ventrilo because it would be another blank line.Mumble allows you to hear your teammates as though they are speaking from their relative position in-game. Ventrilo say what?

Platform availability. Ventrilo : Windows, Partial OS X support (codecs not available) No Linux Support. Skype.. Windows, OS X and Linus (so it's good if you wanna call your grama - That's one thing Skype has goin' for it) and of course Mumble covers them all with all codecs.

Now the last of my comparison I will talk about Security. What do Skype and Ventrilo have? Passwords. Wait.. didn't your hotmail get hacked? Ya passwords rock. Mumble uses authentication certificates. Certificate and password-based authentication. Strong certificate authentication ensures account security and user authenticity...
Joe

Post by Joe »

I am in the middle of a lightning storm and the power is going out if it dosent comr back on in timr we will have to fo the rave tomorrow night
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

What's up with starting the race 15 minutes early? I got there 10 minutes "early" (aka 10 til 7 for CST guys) and found myself stuck in warm-up mode and 3 laps down. Your posts from yesterday and at 2:47pm today were correct, so what happened?
Joe

Post by Joe »

I started teh race at 8:03 my time that is actually 3minutes late im sure someone els can back me up on that
moto_savage114
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Project9

Post by moto_savage114 »

I joined 10 tell 5:00PM pacific time and you guys were racing. i didn't get any message saying that you were going to start it early. i went to the website and your 3 hours ahead of me. not 3 hours and 15 min ahead. 8)
(250B 1st place) (125c 1st place)
Loretta's 2011MXS
Joe

Post by Joe »

i think you guys just dont know how to read a time conversion chart I start at 8:03 PM GMT-4
sk84life933

Post by sk84life933 »

moto_savage114 wrote:I joined 10 tell 5:00PM pacific time and you guys were racing. i didn't get any message saying that you were going to start it early. i went to the website and your 3 hours ahead of me. not 3 hours and 15 min ahead. 8)
It should start at 4:00 PM your time. I live in Florida and it starts at 7:00 PM and your 3 hours before me.
moto4life211
Team: Never heard of it

Post by moto4life211 »

sk84life933 wrote:
moto_savage114 wrote:I joined 10 tell 5:00PM pacific time and you guys were racing. i didn't get any message saying that you were going to start it early. i went to the website and your 3 hours ahead of me. not 3 hours and 15 min ahead. 8)
It should start at 4:00 PM your time. I live in Florida and it starts at 7:00 PM and your 3 hours before me.
ive got sk8s back on this one even though i havent done a race ( hanging with friends away from games ) i know for a fact it starts at 4:00 pm my time and i live in California
Justin Caron | Privateer Honda
Zachkx100

Post by Zachkx100 »

It does.^^
4PM Pacific time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shout out to Dwayne241 for my sig!
BallZach<3
MxRyan
Team: Muc-Off Yamaha

Post by MxRyan »

Damn i was gone from 12-5pm bummed i couldnt make it....
Joe

Post by Joe »

First post updated with results
SuzukiRidr326
Team: Privateer

Post by SuzukiRidr326 »

wow i missed rd 2 bc i sware the schedule said Aug 3