KTM350sxf Fixed and updated

Post about creating and skinning models here
DJ99X

Re: KTM350sxf Fixed and updated

Post by DJ99X »

So yeah, back on topic.

I feel that this was a very rushed/lazy release. The bike_frame is off center, that frame unwrapping is terrible, the real thing has a linkage, and I reckon it should be using a different motor than the 250F. Also, you should have held off the release until you had some sort of norm/spec maps made for it.

The plastics do look good though, I'm liking the curvature on the shrouds.
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

DJ wrote:So yeah, back on topic.

I feel that this was a very rushed/lazy release. The bike_frame is off center, that frame unwrapping is terrible, the real thing has a linkage, and I reckon it should be using a different motor than the 250F. Also, you should have held off the release until you had some sort of norm/spec maps made for it.

The plastics do look good though, I'm liking the curvature on the shrouds.
no your completely right, but it was not meant to be perfect why? cause honestly i have a ton of stuff that i never release and im starting to play this less and less especially with summer rolling around so there's a good chance i may pull a ddmx and release everything i have from a few years back. I have probably 12 tracks, a bunch of bikes, gear all sorts of stuff that maybe someone else can use. but thanks for the compliment on the shroud curvature i worked for a long time on that, the rest well it was just so we could have the bike out a little sooner maybe i will fix it and upadate it here soon.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
lluks252

Post by lluks252 »

jlv wrote:A game that is still being supported and played years after its initial release. What a rip off!
I hope you have a boy, a Josh jr. and the game is still going 30 years from now, and that is as talented as you on constantly improving this game. Personally, I think going into a lawsuit is a little harsh. I can understand leaving after you get screwed over by other players and your work gets released. I've experienced this with betaing tracks, the creators want to know the person they are giving it to is 100% going to keep it under wraps. Anyways, continue on....thats was my 2 cents.
jesplind

Post by jesplind »

ShowtimeMx wrote:no your completely right, but it was not meant to be perfect why? cause honestly i have a ton of stuff that i never release and im starting to play this less and less especially with summer rolling around so there's a good chance i may pull a ddmx and release everything i have from a few years back. I have probably 12 tracks, a bunch of bikes, gear all sorts of stuff that maybe someone else can use. but thanks for the compliment on the shroud curvature i worked for a long time on that, the rest well it was just so we could have the bike out a little sooner maybe i will fix it and upadate it here soon.
Sounds like Christmas!
22sheza
Team: Privateer

Post by 22sheza »

loving the ktm and the giles skins inside :D
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

giopanda wrote:as i said already i don't want any link do be deleted, what showtimes is using are parts of ddmx's ktm and as i said he's allowed to use them since ddmx is ok on using his parts i can't deny using mine too, so jlv in this you're wrong i never asked showtimes' link to be taken down.
In that case I apologize to you and Showtime. I was sure that when you took everything down you didn't want any further distribution.

Just so we're clear here, are you saying you have given Showtime permission to distribute all the work you have given him without restriction?
one last thing, please jlv can you take in consideration working on a safer way to compress files?
Exactly what would you want it to do?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

It should not be possible to break into a saf file and get the png's out. (which it is very easy to do now)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It can't be made impossible. I could make it harder though. No matter how much I obfuscate it, it will still be possible to replace the model with an identity UV mapped plane and then just screenshot it.

Has anyone besides DJ or myself written an extractor yet?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I don't use an extractor :lol: Its all done manually
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

jlv wrote:Just so we're clear here, are you saying you have given Showtime permission to distribute all the work you have given him without restriction?
absolutely not, he is just allowed for this ktm 350 release, and not for a further one.
same goes with everything else, no release until i say so.

and for the safer thing, what ddmx just said.
i don't know anything about it, but maybe a way to randomize the code inside the saf so it's not so easy to distinguish every single file inside of it?
just thowing out ideas..
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

i've never tried extracting .jm's, only png's. Is it possible to make the file locked, so it can't be opened with a text editing program?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I could do something like XOR it with a pseudo random number sequence. It would just make it harder though. You can't make it secure since the file does have to be readable after all.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

jlv wrote:I could do something like XOR it with a pseudo random number sequence. It would just make it harder though. You can't make it secure since the file does have to be readable after all.
Wouldn't bother wasting your time. The random number sequence will do nothing to protect it any further.
eSAyeM

Post by eSAyeM »

I thought you could just rename things... oh well doesn't matter opening .saf's will just get people into trouble.

You guys should keep this convo private, I learned a lot haha.
GILES RACING
Jake - eSAyeM - Marlon - Guilherme - Sheza - Jay - Tony
screw persian
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

you...learn?