He paid a lot to do this.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by yzmxer608 »

He's bribing you to post for him?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

It always seems that Jonathan makes something really nice but then after someone else puts a preview up that's it, or he is modeling something else that someone is currently modeling.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
JvdL
Team: JVDLdesigns.com

Post by JvdL »

lol, he started yet another model? Man.. that kid is all over the place.

If only he would at least finish one single model without having to PM me again and again "Can you texture this for me? Add my new MSN".
BreaK-

Post by BreaK- »

Small update.

I've had 3 jobs in the past 2 months so I've been pre-occupied with sorting my life out recently.

But I had today off so I've done an hour on this. Hopefully get some more done over the weekend.

Heres a teeny weeny update. Ive done the fork guards, put some hubs in and tried to finish off the underneath of the rear mud guard and air box....(which has been a little tricky to say the least!).

Anyway crit welcome and enjoy.

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The fork guards look awesome to me. It may be the angle or the modeling program that you use, (Maya, I think?) but the shock spring seems paper-thin.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
moto_savage114
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Project9

Post by moto_savage114 »

hubs look a little this, and rear shock coils look paper thin like KTM57 said.
(250B 1st place) (125c 1st place)
Loretta's 2011MXS
BreaK-

Post by BreaK- »

Cheers guys.

The shock looks thin because it is...i want to save on tris where I can and you wont be able to see this 90% of the time. Side view will look fine, and when its textured it will look 3Dish.

The hubs were quickly modelled. Just to get sizes right. I'll have a look at them tomorrow.

I'll leave you with this. Done some more work on the frame guards. Lemme know if you guys see anything else and I'll edit it tomorrow.

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

That makes sense about the shock.

I'm sure that you know, but you won't need to model wheels for it unless you want another project as they are on a separate model for the game.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
BreaK-

Post by BreaK- »

KTM57 wrote:That makes sense about the shock.

I'm sure that you know, but you won't need to model wheels for it unless you want another project as they are on a separate model for the game.
Yeah its for myself really. Trying to get into the industry, so I'll model everything for good practice. But yeah I know that there are seperate wheel models which I wouldnt mind a tutorial in making.....if anyones around who made em? Was it DJ or Wheels? I cant remember. Maybe none of them...:S
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It was Eskwaad, who is long gone as far as I know. I'm sure DJ would know, though.
moto_savage114
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Project9

Post by moto_savage114 »

Judging by the pipe height this is the 2012 KTM 350 you are close to being spot on but i got a pic were i pointed out some things that would maybe help you with some fixes. it looks great!! and i realize your not done. here is some ideas.
thanks you!!!

(250B 1st place) (125c 1st place)
Loretta's 2011MXS
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Looks pretty good to me, only thing i see is the header, you dont think its a little thin, theres a heck load of air coming through it when im pinned laying flat through a 180 berm you know. :D :lol:
BreaK-

Post by BreaK- »

attacker5 wrote:Looks pretty good to me, only thing i see is the header, you dont think its a little thin, theres a heck load of air coming through it when im pinned laying flat through a 180 berm you know. :D :lol:
Yeah I've messed about with the header for a while. Its the only way it fits in the frame. With the carb and wires around it it will seem thicker. I know that sounds stupid...plus when are we really going to see the header face on? I think its thinner than you think irl. Either that or I've got the whole model too thin!!!!!!! Haha.
moto_savage114 wrote:Judging by the pipe height this is the 2012 KTM 350 you are close to being spot on but i got a pic were i pointed out some things that would maybe help you with some fixes. it looks great!! and i realize your not done. here is some ideas.
thanks you!!!

I take it this is the 2012 model? Is it the 250sxf also? The gas tank looks different too. Is that the 450?

Another question, do the 2012 bikes have kick starts? Or are they all electric starts? The picture of the 250sxf I have doesn't have one.......!?

Thanks for your responses.
guibubba2

Post by guibubba2 »

No, they doesn't have a kickstart.. sorry my bad english :(