Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post by Mikey »

Get'n er done!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Check its out, a few hours of hard work and I've got this to show for it! Really happy with how these headphones turned out. It's fun to do cartoony static shading for a change!

Check out the Razer Megalodon headset skinned onto Mona's Bell Moto 9. This was done for Limited Decal team rider Hegge's lid!

Had some fun with the picture, figured it would be a good skill to be able to make a nice one for a portfolio or something.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Crossman35

Post by Crossman35 »

tyskorn wrote:Image

Looks sick :shock:
"Race your life"
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Both of use have sick skills.
Kording
Team: Privateer

Post by Kording »

I know there is still some work on the normalmap left but anyway please give me a short review
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
sk84life933

Post by sk84life933 »

How does the visor look? Also, does anyone know how to make the nose piece look like its chrome in game? On the spec map I have it 100% white but it doesn't give me what i'm looking for:
That pipe is looking good so far.
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

Kording wrote:http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/136/screenshot230c.png
I know there is still some work on the normalmap left but anyway please give me a short review
looks pretty good man, the only thing i'd change is the colour. It looks a bit too green IMO.
Ben Fransoo, OG.
Kording

Post by Kording »

Fransoo773 wrote:
Kording wrote:http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/136/screenshot230c.png
looks pretty good man, the only thing i'd change is the colour. It looks a bit too green IMO.
ah ok thank you i will change this and what about the shading ?
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

sk84life933 wrote:How does the visor look? Also, does anyone know how to make the nose piece look like its chrome in game? On the spec map I have it 100% white but it doesn't give me what i'm looking for:
Good read on specular maps.
http://wiki.splashdamage.com/index.php/Specular_Maps wrote: Specular maps are the maps you use to define a surface's shininess and highlight colour.

The higher the value of a pixel (from black to white), the shinier the surface will appear in-game. Therefore, surfaces such as dry stone or cotton fabric would tend to have a very dark specular map, while surfaces like polished chrome or plastic would tend to have lighter specular maps.

The colour of a pixel is also used, to calculate the resulting colour of the surface. A very saturated specular map will have a very different visual effect than a grey specular map. If you need a more "neutral" highlight on a surface, your specular map should use the inverse of the diffuse map's colour. Using the same colour on the specular as on the diffuse will result in a more saturated highlight when viewed in the game.

You can use contrasts in specular to make a surface appear more visually interesting in the game - for example, this door has a very dark specular for the wood while the metal parts are much lighter, which will make the metal stand out more as a shinier surface when light hits it. This sort of contrast can help make surfaces in the game appear more realistic too.
joe_389
Team: Collective Family

Post by joe_389 »

mx_526 wrote:W have one nof the sexiest skins out! :D
deffo man, so sick dylan great work! maby some of these would look sick on it as well. just a thought.

(not mine, sory forgot who made them)
The Family:Lane 199-Alex 526-Dylan 14-Daniel 421-Brady 21 AUS
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

sk84life933 wrote:Also, does anyone know how to make the nose piece look like its chrome in game?
The non-matte model has reflections on the nosepiece. If you'd like a matte helmet with reflections on the nosepiece, like this, I can send you the .jm file:
I would tone it down, though, that's the same material as the lenses, in the picture.
Lo2Rider

Post by Lo2Rider »

sk84life933 wrote:How does the visor look? Also, does anyone know how to make the nose piece look like its chrome in game? On the spec map I have it 100% white but it doesn't give me what i'm looking for:
That pipe is looking good so far.
It's clearly the most beautiful redbull helmet i've seen!
Good job.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

KTM57 wrote:Check its out, a few hours of hard work and I've got this to show for it! Really happy with how these headphones turned out. It's fun to do cartoony static shading for a change!

Check out the Razer Megalodon headset skinned onto Mona's Bell Moto 9. This was done for Limited Decal team rider Hegge's lid!

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... hot004.png

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... alodon.png

Had some fun with the picture, figured it would be a good skill to be able to make a nice one for a portfolio or something.
Nice! Do you have that headset?

MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Just gotta do all the other colorways now.