Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
JakeT3

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post by JakeT3 »

Big Smooth one3 wrote:Thanks for taking a few minutes to give some feedback Jake.
I can see how the Oakley logos would look better in white, I was just holding too firmly to the black-blue scheme for some reason. Will definitely switch those up. I did a lot of messing around/distorting with the Yamaha logos, and you very well may be right about the stroke location I used. Is it a good rule of thumb to always use "outside" for logo stroke? I'll go back and recreate those logos from the base size so they aren't so distorted.
No problem ofcourse ;) I usually make a logo black, then do a white color overlay and then toggle the blending overlay to see what color looks better, but in my experience I usually find white to go better with Yamaha blue. Also on thin logos having a stroke set on "inside" can make the edges look ragged, so that's why with thin logos like the "Yamaha" logo I set it to outside!
Big Smooth one3 wrote: Because of the positioning, the checkers in the logo on that side are set over-top of the blue background. The gradient I used for that logo is a base-blue noise gradient, so it is a bit difficult to see - guess I didn't really think about it since I already knew what it was supposed to look like. Would you suggest resizing, re-positioning, both? I guess it really just needs to be over-top of the black to look best, I was just trying to keep it symmetrical with the left shroud.
Makes sense, I thought you accidentally erased the black in the checkers. If you like it then you could keep it that way.
Big Smooth one3 wrote: I thought the black-to-transparent gradient matched the front fender decently, but obviously that's not the case. Any suggestions for how to do the guards better?

This being my first attempt I want to make a thorough effort to have them look nice, which is why I'm trying to take time, get some feedback, and learn from those of you who have experience. Thanks again for the comments Jake, hope you don't mind the follow-up.
Fork guards can be a trick to make them match the rest of the bike. What you could do is make them full blue or full black and fill them up with logos or have them blue and create some black stripes like on your shrouds. It's good you take your time rather than rush it, your skin already looks good you only have to fix some flaws :)
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

Looks alot like mxs designs but he used a really nice shroud concept :D
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
mack| spokes

Post by mack| spokes »

DP Made myself a logo
MXSEMF
Kiwiboy116
Team: Panic Graphics

Post by Kiwiboy116 »

mack| spokes wrote:DP Made myself a logo
It looks good, I'd make the box/background the same both sides. :D
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Since mack posted it here i may aswell too, was just messing around and made some stuff for mack.

Sam511
Team: Privateer

Post by Sam511 »

A work in progress of the bike I'm making so some of the lines are not perfect and bits are not matching up quite yet , still ages to go. First time trying to make a skin so advice and tips would be sweet.
JakeT3

Post by JakeT3 »

Working on a new lid.

Sam511

Post by Sam511 »

Sam511

Post by Sam511 »

mack| spokes

Post by mack| spokes »

Looks good man, it's a pretty basic design on the side plates and shrouds but defentialy a clean kit!
MXSEMF
Sam511

Post by Sam511 »

mack| spokes wrote:Looks good man, it's a pretty basic design on the side plates and shrouds but defentialy a clean kit!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Just wanted to start out with a simple design before I get a little better
mack| spokes

Post by mack| spokes »

Sam511 wrote:
mack| spokes wrote:Looks good man, it's a pretty basic design on the side plates and shrouds but defentialy a clean kit!
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Just wanted to start out with a simple design before I get a little better
Some of the nicest looking graphic kits are basic designs
MXSEMF
Stable
Crushed Dissenter
Team: None

Post by Stable »

My first attempt at making a cutout my self