Upcoming Skins & Shader Maps

Post about creating and skinning models here
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Re: Upcoming Skins

Post by mxbiker »

the shrouds are not good, be more creative with the lines or put some logos on it.
i think if you leave it like this no one would ride with it.
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

mxbiker wrote:the shrouds are not good, be more creative with the lines or put some logos on it.
i think if you leave it like this no one would ride with it.
didnt i say i have to do somwthing with logos? and ty for comment, im trying to make those shrouds but i have no clue what should i do, i may have an idea but ill see what i do.
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'm gonna try to make more posts in this topic so I can give my 2 cents worth on skin creation.

bona...

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7022/project100pic.png

This skin sucks.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

umm....what my bigest flowers????
Ddmx your saying my skin sucks, ok? but wtf?
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

Nothing wrong that someone says my skin sucks, but when its ddmx , one of the moderators?
AND not even giving any tips? lol Someone hacked you computer or im very... sad... :S
Storst
Team: Sturrst

Post by Storst »

To be honest man i agree with ddmx but i wouldnt say it suck ( i had a good day^^) you should practise some , try to make replicas etc so you learn the program and so on so you get the hang of things and designwise !
no offense and creds for trying
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

storstidjungeln wrote:To be honest man i agree with ddmx but i wouldnt say it suck ( i had a good day^^) you should practise some , try to make replicas etc so you learn the program and so on so you get the hang of things and designwise !
no offense and creds for trying
it is a replica,w8 i find a pic.. only thing is i dont have a damn clue what the front looks like ... .-.- :D
http://www.dirtbikebitz.com/images/prod ... al_Kit.jpg
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

wow thank a lot! now i have to erase the front ty so mutch, i just found that by insidence so i didnt realy lookfor it anymore than that BUT THANKS!!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Alright, time for the breakdown:

1. As far as design goes, it looks nothing like decals you would see on a bike, let me explain:
...You should leave plastic showing around the edges because decals don't wrap around the plastics
2. You should try your own shading, I don't see any. Areas such as where the bolts are located on the shrouds look atrocious.
3. Read some artwork web pages to decipher which colors look good together. Those shades of blue and the red...do not.
4. Blue gas tank?
5. Every aspect counts...yes...even the metals. :o

I shouldn't have to tell these things to you. If you can't see them yourself than something is wrong. Take a look at your work and ask yourself if it looks good. If you can't look yourself in a mirror and tell the truth about your skin, then you need to redo some of it. I'm a very busy man at college and I don't really have time to write this up with each mediocre skin I see on these boards, and trust me, I see a lot of mediocre and lesser skins on these boards.

-ddmx
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

ddmx488 wrote:Alright, time for the breakdown:

1. As far as design goes, it looks nothing like decals you would see on a bike, let me explain:
...You should leave plastic showing around the edges because decals don't wrap around the plastics
2. You should try your own shading, I don't see any. Areas such as where the bolts are located on the shrouds look atrocious.
3. Read some artwork web pages to decipher which colors look good together. Those shades of blue and the red...do not.
4. Blue gas tank?

I shouldn't have to tell these things to you. If you can't see them yourself than something is wrong. Take a look at your work and ask yourself if it looks good. If you can't look yourself in a mirror and tell the truth about your skin, then you need to redo some of it. I'm a very busy man at college and I don't really have time to write this up with each mediocre skin I see on these boards, and trust me, I see a lot of mediocre and lesser skins on these boards.

-ddmx
Amen, haha. After reading that, i need to think more about my skins too..
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

Skin im workin on
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

ddmx488 wrote:Alright, time for the breakdown:

4. Blue gas tank?

-ddmx
Ok ty for your.. umm... tips?
But if you want to know something i got answers for all of those 1-5.
1.Ok that i didnt realize, and the front cant look cuz i never seen it the back.. ou well back fender is only that i found at that moment.
2.Shading, i know i am mayby not so good on it, BUT that is a skin in progress so i havent made any shading cuz i do it last (why? IDK)
3.Ok....... :(
4. Not done yet, i only done some decals on that pic (Now pipe and metals done and front is going to be ..um..updated to new look)
5. Ty wery mutch for ya help.. I may start a new thing cuz that one failed, this time for 250 :/
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Just got done talking with a possible future gf, so I'm happy.

Don't get down on yourself with mediocre skins. You post em here, we criticize them. Unfortunately, there isn't much criticizing going on, but more goggling over crappy skins for some reason. I'm just telling you the obvious things that I see. You want to replicate real life with your skins. Biggest thing is, take the advice for what it's worth, it is worth something. You have to soak up the negative with the positive and a grain of salt. KEEP practicing always...
REIDY-171
Team: Privateer

Post by REIDY-171 »

ddmx488 wrote:Just got done talking with a possible future gf, so I'm happy.
By any chance does she look like this?
Haha sorry david i couldn't resist :lol:

And to stay on topic. Any suggestions for this? And i'm still looking for pics of the KTM gp bikes. If you find any good ones send them to me.