Upcoming Skins & Shader Maps

Post about creating and skinning models here
Mikey

Re: Upcoming Skins

Post by Mikey »

That looks like messiahs :shock: :shock: :shock: your really talented, i think you should relese a template or shading and metal work becuase it would make a huge differance to skins
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Hey gio, if you want to skin my ktm, pm me. :wink:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Alot of the work there would have been done by the render (like the shadows and all that)
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

haha way to show me up gio my bike is toilet paper to your stupid crf! haha i lied its amazing
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

ok so i made the front fender probably going to put yamaha on the sides of the front fender or mx simulator idk i havent deicded but yea its coming along nicely :)

that yamaha logo has been removed it doesnt fit with the flow of the bike im probably gonna make the word yamaha on the front a little bigger and lighten it up more and take off some of the arch it has.. and i made up my mind im puttin the words MX SIMULATOR on the sides of the front fenders i think that would look pretty cool and might put a couple little design things on the sides of the fender where it looks kinda empty
hows it coming along everyone?
Jonathan
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VWK

Post by Jonathan »

i dont think gio rendered that....
Buttscratcher?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Its obvious that most of the shadows on that were rendered.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I think he meant physically, not visually.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

ok guys thank you everybody for the comment and appreciation.
first of all there's nothing Messiah did on this skin, all he did was just tell (a few pages back) that attention to details is the key.
as many of you noticed those were renders, so as DJ pointed out some of the shadows (and all the casted ones) were due to it, same goes with the huge highlight in the number plates.
the engine is of course a picture, at least most of it, and trust me in game looks really nice and way better than any other engine.
and you say "of course it looks good it's a picture" and i say "exactly!", a heavily modified picture to suit the needs.
some of the reasons i rendered in blender is to see how could i improve the shading, and actually it helpen in a couple of spots :wink: and because last night i was pretty disappointed by not being able to run the tournament :mrgreen:
i don't know if i want to release a template, i think i'll go the same way i did with the gaerne boots, if you have a skin that is really good i will put my template on it.
i know isn't nice but i am an illustrator so i know how it goes with this kind of things.

here's the flat version, just what i did no help from whatever software:
gordy

Post by gordy »

might i suggest some stronger highlights on the handlebars, they look a bit dull at the moment
instupitious.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

migth i succest that you are a new GOD in mxs.. theres is few ppl with so mutch talent and few ppl that pay attention to the little things, but yeh i was wondering? ever going to release a template of that or shading temp? :/
But anyways i love it so far and gordy sayd it the handle bars need something..
Btw how can i see my skin in 3d? what i need i got programs for it but i need obj file or something? :/
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

If it means you will use his template, I hope he doesnt release it
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

DJ wrote:I hope he doesnt release it
don't be so mean dj..anyway you're right i won't release it as i said above, i will use it on very good skins, i'm putting a lot of effort i'm working on it from 2 weeks and i don't want to release it to be used on every 5 minutes copy paste skin.
i'm not talking about anyone in particular, just explaining my reasons.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

DJ wrote:If it means you will use his template, I hope he doesnt release it
why are you so... so irritating? no offence but thats just playing rud, i may not be the best one but i didnt mean only to release so i could use it, if you have a problem with me then well nice to know you too im not interested what ppl thinks im interest what is best for somebody....
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

giopanda wrote:
DJ wrote:I hope he doesnt release it
don't be so mean dj..anyway you're right i won't release it as i said above, i will use it on very good skins, i'm putting a lot of effort i'm working on it from 2 weeks and i don't want to release it to be used on every 5 minutes copy paste skin.
i'm not talking about anyone in particular, just explaining my reasons.
And your absolutely rigth.