How to make your own model in mx simulator!

Post about creating and skinning models here
mxHunter275
Team: F84 Designs

How to make your own model in mx simulator!

Post by mxHunter275 »

Hey guys just wondering on how to make a model if there is a tutorial or possibly a video that would be awesome

I have yet to find one and am looking to make the 2018 rmz450 model
Tiago Freitas #23
Team: JR Racing Team

Re: How to make your own model in mx simulator!

Post by Tiago Freitas #23 »

Watch blender guru begginners series and the begginner modelling series from him too it does helps a lot
mxHunter275

Post by mxHunter275 »

Tiago Freitas #23 wrote:Watch blender guru begginners series and the begginner modelling series from him too it does helps a lot
Thank you, i watched them, but im just confused as to how to transfer them into photoshop
Tiago Freitas #23
Team: JR Racing Team

Post by Tiago Freitas #23 »

mxHunter275 wrote:
Thank you, i watched them, but im just confused as to how to transfer them into photoshop
You need to UV Unwrap them and then export the UV Mapping to photoshop so you can skin your model
UV Unwrap is a 2d image of all your material like this

Remember that cube that we made on school from a paper? We cut the layout of the cube and them start to mount it, if you watch this video from Blender Guru you may understand what i am saying
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

I honestly shouldn't learn how to model.. If I figure this out, there's gonna be a lot of stupid shit on the forums in the upcoming months
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
taelale
Team: VlastMX

Post by taelale »

808 wrote:I honestly shouldn't learn how to model.. If I figure this out, there's gonna be a lot of stupid shit on the forums in the upcoming months
an alta bike ;)
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

taelale wrote:
808 wrote:I honestly shouldn't learn how to model.. If I figure this out, there's gonna be a lot of stupid shit on the forums in the upcoming months
an alta bike ;)
to be honest, it would be more along the lines of a 600lb rider model or dog or something lol
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
mxHunter275

Post by mxHunter275 »

thank you so much, this aoutta be an interesting week of learning
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

mxHunter275 wrote:thank you so much, this aoutta be an interesting week of learning
Week? bruuuhhhhh
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

mxHunter275 wrote:thank you so much, this aoutta be an interesting week of learning
few years* :lol:
mxHunter275

Post by mxHunter275 »

welp shit
mxHunter275

Post by mxHunter275 »

im also probably gonna work on it from 4-8 hours a day
m121c

Post by m121c »

mxHunter275 wrote:im also probably gonna work on it from 4-8 hours a day
As Benjii and Andy alluded to, it's definitely a skill and art form that takes a lot time. Challenging yourself and opening your mind up to learning out side of this game (other games, tutorials, websites, etc) are going to help you progress a lot faster. With that said, the learning and progressing never stops, to get to the ability of the top modelers around here you should probably expect a long tough road ahead. Most of all though, if it's not fun for you, you should probably think different. It's gotta be something you really like to do.

Patience is the key man. Myself, I did little projects at first. Started modelling track objects, then I started in on neck braces, exhausts, small bike parts, etc. Each project I did I probably did over 3-4 times, each time just a little bit better and learned new things. Then my ultimate challenge was a full bike. I felt I was no way capable when I started, but day after day (for 6+ months) I had learned a ton and was levels above where I started. It was actually a bit frustrating, I started to progress as I was modeling so I would have to go back and remake parts that I now thought sucked. Just know it takes a lot time and motivation.

If you are serious about it, I would recommend lurking the polycount.com forums (a lot of helpful stuff there), and if you are really serious look into subscribing to a digitaltutors.com account.