New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Post about creating and skinning models here
Rainman29
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Team: Privateer

New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Postby Rainman29 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:23 pm

I would like to get started with customizing my own skins.

What files or models are needed to download to do bikes gear and helmets?

Is Adobe photoshop my only option for editing?
The only thing I can find with Adobe is a subscription plan where you have to pay monthly. I'd like to just buy the program once and be done.

If anyone can post links to files or models this would probably make life easier...

Any assistance to be appreciated! Thanks!

ColtHans
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 10:36 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: US OF A

Re: New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Postby ColtHans » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Adobe is not your only choice, but it is the best one. Most of the new bikes are not free so if you don't wanna get banned then don't use them unless you buy them from the CREATOR. As for models that are released for free, just go here. http://www.tmfactory-racing.com/templates.html Not all are the models themselves, just cutouts for paid models but there are some bike models on there. And you can get a pirated version of photoshop but..
PM ME FOR CHEAP SKINS

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 750
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: NovaGFX
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Postby dawsonsleeper » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:27 pm

like colt said, there are other options but Photoshop and Illustrator are the best. What a lot of people I know do is keep resetting the trial on photoshop and illustrator so that they can keep using it.
317 wrote:JLV, you are a badass.

Rainman29
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Postby Rainman29 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Awesome. Thank you for the response!

Ya, so I totally dont want to get banned...lol

I dont mind at all paying someone for their work. I understand this stuff isn't easy and takes time. I like supporting the community as well.

Where do I find these creators?

So in reference to this editing process.... you get the templates from the creator, open it in photoshop...add your layers or whatever...then how do I convert that to work in the game?
The PSD files are photoshop files correct? How to I convert that to a saf file for the game? Maybe these are all stupid questions...I have just never done this process so I'm trying to learn.

Thanks!

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6874
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Postby Wahlamt » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Rainman29 wrote:What files or models are needed to download to do bikes gear and helmets?

You need a .psd and the .jm files that are belonging to it.

Rainman29 wrote:Is Adobe photoshop my only option for editing?

No. You can use the free software GIMP. It's legally free. It can open PSD files too. I'd recommend photoshop, but GIMP can definitely get it done too.

Rainman29 wrote:The only thing I can find with Adobe is a subscription plan where you have to pay monthly. I'd like to just buy the program once and be done.

Pay monthly. It used to be 1000$+ to buy it if you look 7-10 years ago, so I think most people prefer 10$-ish/month. You might be able to purchase a license, but it's not for consumer price, rather enterprise.

Rainman29 wrote:If anyone can post links to files or models this would probably make life easier...

The tmfactory-racing.com website has most stuff you need. Most quality links get put up there. Some stuff can only be purchased from people like silverskate, Jay, m121c and so on. If you purchase some stuff, make sure that you know how to release it before you release it. Scramming files and so on. If you wonder anything, just ask.

Rainman29
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:56 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Postby Rainman29 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:01 am

Wahlamt wrote:
Rainman29 wrote:What files or models are needed to download to do bikes gear and helmets?

You need a .psd and the .jm files that are belonging to it.

Rainman29 wrote:Is Adobe photoshop my only option for editing?

No. You can use the free software GIMP. It's legally free. It can open PSD files too. I'd recommend photoshop, but GIMP can definitely get it done too.

Rainman29 wrote:The only thing I can find with Adobe is a subscription plan where you have to pay monthly. I'd like to just buy the program once and be done.

Pay monthly. It used to be 1000$+ to buy it if you look 7-10 years ago, so I think most people prefer 10$-ish/month. You might be able to purchase a license, but it's not for consumer price, rather enterprise.

Rainman29 wrote:If anyone can post links to files or models this would probably make life easier...

The tmfactory-racing.com website has most stuff you need. Most quality links get put up there. Some stuff can only be purchased from people like silverskate, Jay, m121c and so on. If you purchase some stuff, make sure that you know how to release it before you release it. Scramming files and so on. If you wonder anything, just ask.



Thank you for all of the tips! It is much appreciated!

Been a console moto gamer my whole life, until about 2 months ago. built my first PC and will NEVER go back! I seriously was missing the boat. Once you start to figure this game out it incredible. Its absolutely the real deal!

I just need to figure all of the different aspects of the game out..ie editing, how to join a custom server (witch i still cant figure out.. lol)... and riding!

User avatar
Wahlamt
Posts: 6874
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm
Team: MLG Compton
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: New to the game and editing. In need of some direction.

Postby Wahlamt » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:15 am

This should get you on the right path. Just ask if you have more questions.


Return to “Model and Skin Editing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests