Blender question

Post about creating and skinning models here
Tylerwren302
Team: FourLoko Designs

Blender question

Postby Tylerwren302 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:06 am

Recently, I’ve been having issues exporting jms from blender. Everything was fine until a month ago when everything was shiny, and some people said that it looks like the spec map is overlaying. I never changed the way I did things. Did the blender work and set UV map in blender 2.8, and exported as obj then imported it into blender 2.79. If you know how to fix this, please let me know.
Image Image Image
TeamHavocRacing wrote:Whats ifs I's wanteds to's sounds likes Squirrelys Dans'?

Quinten
Team: QM1

Re: Blender question

Postby Quinten » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:45 pm

It may have had something to do with exporting and importing the .obj files. When I do my models in blender 2.8, I simply highlight everything I want to transfer back to 2.78/2.79 (whichever you have installed) then, ctrl+c on 2.8 and ctrl+v it on 2.78/2.79. Simply just a copy and paste.

If you had set materials up in blender 2.8 yourself and tried exporting (ctrl+c --> ctrl+v) them into 2.78/2.79 you would also run into problems due to new materials like PBR and what not being added in the new versions of blender and non-existent in the older versions.

From what it looks like to me, there is no materlas on the bike and helmet when you tried exporting and importing them. I could be wrong but I had a similar issue before I rectified it.

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:25 am

Make sure you have the 0.7 version of the export script. It should show the version number under preferences/add-ons. I messed up the material settings in the previous versions.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

Tylerwren302

Postby Tylerwren302 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:38 am

So I tried the copy/paste thing with blender, and it was a no go. However, the JM works for me, but if I use the JMS for my team pack, they will show up shiny as normal. I've tried multiple export scripts. This whole thing started a month after I purchased a bike with a blend file from Martin. I've done everything possible, and still cannot figure it out. I've uninstalled blender and the export scripts and tried multiple things. I even redid the thing I was trying to do in the first place in 2.79 and it still showed up shiny. I am 100% out of ideas.

Tylerwren302

Postby Tylerwren302 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:57 pm

It's fixed now. I had to redo everything without adding nodes in, and my friend sent me his export script for 2.79, and it works

Return to “Model and Skin Editing”