Skins and Models Requests

Post about creating and skinning models here
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Re: Skins and Models Requests

Post by JETZcorp »

How about a realistic Shirt & Jeans look? Although it's perhaps not the safest thing to do a take-no-prisoners style race with, it would give a relaxed and down-to-Earth feel to your riding. During August months, few things feel better than riding through the desert (cautiously!) with a T-Shirt & Jeans combination. Of course the helmet, gloves and boots are obligatory. :)

It's a thought, would make a cool skin. And I've found an awesome T-Shirt to make, also.
http://www.wischt.com/vspark.htm
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

JETZcorp wrote:It's a thought, would make a cool skin. And I've found an awesome T-Shirt to make, also.

Where's the T-Shirt? haha, jk. Siege is awesome man. Check out his artwork, its pretty sick.

http://www.wischt.com/FA.htm
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

JETZcorp wrote:How about a realistic Shirt & Jeans look? Although it's perhaps not the safest thing to do a take-no-prisoners style race with, it would give a relaxed and down-to-Earth feel to your riding. During August months, few things feel better than riding through the desert (cautiously!) with a T-Shirt & Jeans combination. Of course the helmet, gloves and boots are obligatory. :)

It's a thought, would make a cool skin. And I've found an awesome T-Shirt to make, also.
i live in the desert and when i ride i usually just wear my dirtbike pants helmet gloves boots goggles and a t-shirt and a camelback to hold my phone .. no water :( i lost the little bladder thing for it
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

I always ride with a back-pack containing the following items. A long-sleeve shirt in case the weather gets worse (which can happen in Oregon in June), two or three pops, usually diet Root Beer or Diet Mtn Dew, and, if the ride is going to be long, a Gatoraide bottle full of pre-mix. Any small little backpack will easily hold all that, and more, including camera, cell phone, walky-talky, whatever.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
motox755

Post by motox755 »

damn i usually just stuff my cellphone in my boot lol.
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

Cell Phones? I don't want to be bothered while I ride, thats my time.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

Who the hell could hear a cell phone when riding? The cell phone is for when you're thirty miles from camp with a tiny speck of rubber in your gas line and need to call another rider to tow you back. The other option would be to make some rope out of twigs and tie the bike to a team of rabid wolves and use the chain as a whip as they drag your ass back to camp dog-sled style.
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
motox755

Post by motox755 »

Believe me its no fun breaking your arm at the gravel pit with no one around and with nothing to call with. Its brOoOtal
*lmao jetz
Last edited by motox755 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

Forgive me. I did not realize you were riding Baja 1000's.

On a side note, if you were Bear Grylls, you could make rope out of twigs and make it back to camp.
JETZcorp

Post by JETZcorp »

More like Warm Springs 75's. That is, 75 miles through the Warm Springs Indian Reservation on a 40 year old bike. That kind of riding was interesting because there were teams involved. That is, there are the riders, and the Indians in pickup trucks who seek to get the bikes off their damn land! It's funny how "hard to see" a NO TRESPASSING sign can be at times.

We don't ride there anymore though, because they went ape after one of their mountains caught on fire (arson) and they called in the State Pigs. My dad had the misfortune to get pulled over by one of them with smoke coming from the exhaust. They let us two riders go, and then their "massive plague of riders" disappeared overnight. 8)
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
rgaede

Post by rgaede »

Turbine951 wrote:Forgive me. I did not realize you were riding Baja 1000's.

On a side note, if you were Bear Grylls, you could make rope out of twigs and make it back to camp.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic, but Bear Grylls is good for entertainment, but a far better survivor guy is ....
http://www.survivorman.ca/ The survivorman. Not only does he not have any controversy over him not actually staying and surviving, but he shoots his own shows too..
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

well i bring a cell phone not to txt and stuff.. what if i fall and break my arm,leg, anything i need to call up my dad and have him come get me and i never do hear my phone ring or vibe haha and if my bike were to spontaneously explode! well im screwed and never riding a yamaha again haha
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

JETZcorp wrote:I always ride with a back-pack containing the following items. A long-sleeve shirt in case the weather gets worse (which can happen in Oregon in June), two or three pops, usually diet Root Beer or Diet Mtn Dew, and, if the ride is going to be long, a Gatoraide bottle full of pre-mix. Any small little backpack will easily hold all that, and more, including camera, cell phone, walky-talky, whatever.
Pop? :roll:

I (used to) ride with a camelback, which has small pockets just the right size for a cell phone, small tools, keys, etc. filled w/1/3 to 1/2 gatorade water mix.

If you start getting cold, you should just ride harder. Come with me sometime and I'll show you how to sweat in January (in Iowa) :wink:

The cell phone is definately a really good idea. Moto guys won't understand the feeling of breaking down (running out of gas is your own stupid fault...) 10 miles of single track away from the truck.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

Off Topic, I know I'm sorry.
I personally think survivorman is a joke. The one thing I will give him is that he does shoot his own shows.

He goes days without eating anything, I've never seen him successfully hunt and fish the way Bear Grylls does. Often times survivorman has a cabin to stay in, or a rifle with bullets. I saw on one show where he had a pack of sled dogs and there was meat for the dogs to eat, but since he couldn't catch food for 3 days he decided to eat some of the dogs meat. If you stranded both in the wilderness, my money is on Bear Grylls.
zane

Post by zane »

I dunno about this survivorman guy but i think bear grylls cover has been blown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is