skin contest

Post about creating and skinning models here
stocksy129

Re: skin contest

Post by stocksy129 »

DJ wrote:I really don't think a skin competition would work well. Especially with templates released, just about any skin can look good. If we are going to do a skin competition, is should be for a helmet, as there aren't many helmet skins, and there isn't really a template for them.
i'm going with DJ, their is all most no helmets out, the only half decent one is Showtimes (cartel or spider) maybe if he released a wire frame and maybe shading, we could all do a helmet, or do the helmet and gear to go with the helmet? that's if Showtime is nice to us :wink:
gordy
Team: Privateer

Post by gordy »

from what i understand, showtime isnt in a position to release any templates as large portions of most of his skins are ripped.
instupitious.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

gordy wrote:from what i understand, showtime isnt in a position to release any templates as large portions of most of his skins are ripped.
hahaha, agreed. I also agree that maybe it should be a helmet, but then again, why not the bike, or rider?
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

ddmx i agree
Jacko #828

Post by Jacko #828 »

nah helmet, we have already got loads of bikes and a few rider gears but hardly any helmets.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

again...about 90%of the bikes arnt good the only bikes i have in my personal folder are ones tht im hiding from u guys which i will show u guys my skin contest entry in a lil bit helmets.....im also working on one which in my opinion also looks really nice but for my team only and im just learning rider skins so im making simple cruddy thor gear =P
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Just do it helmet as DJ said there limited supply of them.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Thing is, there is only one helmet I would want to skin for, and that is Showtimes newest one (MX1).
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

=P idk i say do wht ever skin we want bike,helmet,gear,and judge all the helmets, bikes,gear in groups
Jacko #828

Post by Jacko #828 »

Yeah hvpunk that sounds like a good idea
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

theirs no point making a helmet for ddmx model because it's simply bad, sorry ddmx but that's my opinion, i think every model needs to be remade and not rushed! i sure hope some one listens to me, i know some one will say why don't you do it your self, well i got not one idea on how to use it, nore have the time or patience's
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I think I found whats bad about ddmx's helmet. Its just positioned wrong. I moved it before, and it looks much better
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

I think there is a little difference in the height of DDMX's original model and Showtimes model. If you wear showtime's helmet with ddmx's body.....he has no neck!