From Germany, Circa 2009

Post about creating and skinning models here
yomo

Re: From Germany, Circa 2009

Post by yomo »

I read an article about a bike like this (Maico and everything)

Anyway said it was 100kg dry and give out 75 horse power. That bike would FLY!

Ill ask my cousin what magazine it was in. Trail rider i think it was.
denisdirtbike
Team: Privateer

Post by denisdirtbike »

have you ever tried to start a 500 cold? i know many dirtbikers that has 250's and cant for the life of them start my 500. If the kick start was on the left side. it would be near impossible. i remember the compression being able to stand my whole weight. and i weight 160+.

Still a bike i would own for sure
yomo

Post by yomo »

i'd have to roll start it if its left kick ahaha
JETZcorp
Team: Privateer

Post by JETZcorp »

Guys, left-side kick is so much better! All you have to do is get your lazy ass off the thing and kick it from the side. Besides, most of the big bikes like this have a compression-release to make them easier to kick, I think my dad's '81 250 has one, and I know his 440 does. I can't imagine trying to start a big-ass engine while having a bike between my legs. And if the thing kicks back, it's over, you're just gonna get thrown off. Now, if you're on the side and it kicks back, you just twist around and everything works out. My Husky has left-side kick and I wouldn't have it any other way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO8QyLRe ... annel_page
(Notice the little tiny lever he pulls in right above the clutch?)
Give me more power.
Give me more handling.
Give me more style.
Give me more Maico.
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

Garasaki wrote:
JETZcorp wrote:You guys just don't appreciate the good ol' European way of making a bike. The left-side-kick actually started to help with an old racing format where one would have to start the bike immediately before taking off, so a rider would kick the starter through its full stroke, thus putting his foot in a perfect position to mash the shifter and go. I actually love the left-side-kick because you can start the bike without having to straddle anything.
That's how Hare Scrambles start around here.

It's actually an awesome way to start a race. 60 or so guys lined up across a field. DEAD silence (and I mean total silence), major anticipation - then a shotgun rings out, and everyone kicks their bike off and screams to the first corner. The sound goes from absolutely nothing to 60 screaming 2 strokes and thumpers in less then a second. It really gets the blood moving. One of the advantages of C class is I get to listen to the AA, A and B class start before we do :lol: The AA guys are nuts - they sometimes make them stand about 10 feet behind the bike, have a helper hold the bike up, then sprint to the bike on the shotgun shot, kick, and go. The helpers get absolutely pelted with roost. :shock:
HELL YEA! ive been racing Hare Scrambles/Cross Countries now for about a year and a half since i gave up racing motocross and im in the A open class. That dead silence is so true i get so much adrenaline running through me before those starts its intense!