Export Script for Blender 2.6

Post about creating and skinning models here
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Export Script for Blender 2.6

Post by yzmxer608 »

2.62 works with the old one, I'll try that too though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

i get that error, but i still get a .jm file saved. idk if it works, because idk what to do next. i tried following ddmx's tutorial, but i dont get the unwrapping steps.
would be really nice to have a video tutorial of start to finish on the newer blender. even if it was just a cube or something very simply modeled. or an existing model. but just showing how to unwrap it to set it up for skinning, exporting everything, and putting into game.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

The new export script works, but skins don't show, the materials work. (don't worry about the rest of the front end...).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

They must have moved the texture coordinates too. I'll have it updated in a bit.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I think I have it now. Try it again:

http://mxsimulator.com/scripts/jm_export_263.py
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Yep that works, thanks!
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

ok, so right now, im just trying to learn the basics of exporting the object, exporting uv map. and getting it in game.
so i took the cube you start out with (selected in object mode) and just tried to export it to .jm. that worked with no error using this last script above. i also got it split and put into the uv map. and got the png image. i then just added some color to the sides in PS just to be able to see it. so next i did what id do with every object and tried putting it into a track. go into mxs editor dont see the statue symbol. i dont get any error message either saying missing .jm or anything. even if i take the jm out of the track folder, but still have it wrote in the statues file, there is no error message.

can anyone figure out what im doing wrong?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It only warns about missing shape files. I think there was a good reason for not warning about missing models but I can't remember what it was now.

You can open the jm file in a text editor if you want to make sure something was actually written to the file.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote:
You can open the jm file in a text editor if you want to make sure something was actually written to the file.
yea, its basically just a shit load of numbers. idk what it should look like. but theres something there.

shouldnt the statue "symbol" thing in editor show up no matter what?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You mean the arrow right? Not if it completely failed to parse the line.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

yea thats what i mean.
ugh. im using 2.63. i used that last script you posted. and did it by opening text editor in blender, pasting. then run script. then file export mx simulator jm.
does the statue arrow have anything to do with the uv map/png image? is it possible something im doing there is wrong?
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

wow im a dumb dumb. atleast i figured it out on my own tho. i forgot null at the end... now i just need to dial in this UV mapping.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

When I click user preferences it only lets me "Save as default and I can't do anything else?

DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Click on the button to the left, see if that does anything
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Actually, click on that button, and set it to 'Info'. That will show the File, Add, Blender etc menus. After that, go File>User Preferences. A window will pop up