The Old Skins Thread

Post about creating and skinning models here
ddmx

Re: THE SKINS THREAD

Post by ddmx »

storstidjungeln wrote:Dang , found this bikes in the tents at fredericks track :lol: what do ya'll think ?
frederick wrote:No thats his own kawis :)
IF those are not his and they are mine just with a spliced demo and alpha'd out rider skins then don't read the following and tell me I'm wrong.
IF those are his bikes then read the following and please explain how you obtained them.

I won't question that those are his own, but, they look extremely similar to mine in many areas. lol. For instance, the linkage, the frame, the shorty tank valve, the cables, the levers, the rear brake caliper, the radiator hose from the motor to the radiator, the rear brake guard that goes inside of the rear rotor, not to mention that many areas of the skin look very similar in conjunction with DJ's template. i.e. the frame, shading, and red dot on the rear shock. I would have to say it's the same deal with the hondas.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Well you made the bike models and DJ made the template so obviosly that isnt his.
But how would he be able to use your colours that you've used on different parts when you got your bikes .safed?

EDIT: I've done some stuff on the hondas, I used DJs template and did the following, added a hinson clutch cover, a red waterhose and red plugs. So the engine itself is made by DJ and I added a few things to it. Then I drew the rear suspension thingy, wich doesnt look a thing like yours or DJ's so I cant see where you got that from. And please tell me what you see on the honda thats made by another person cuz I cant find anything.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I wasn't questioning the decals as much as the model. Question answered. No need for discussion.
Storst
Team: Sturrst

Post by Storst »

ddmx488 wrote:not to mention that many areas of the skin look very similar in conjunction with DJ's template.
Well , Dj do have alot of credits of them bikes cause it's from hes templates yes. And yeah if u made parts on his template i guess you'll have som credits too =)
anyways , all the stuff not having the same color etc from dj's template i made. Copy pasting days are long gone since a few years and i havent even seen your skin in photoshop etc. so if u think i ripped any part, let me know cause i still have all the shapes over here !
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

ddmx488 wrote:I wasn't questioning the decals as much as the model. Question answered. No need for discussion.
You just owned my brain... What?
Those bikes are made by you. Is that what you wanted to be said?
Cuz no those are made by me...

jk. Decals are his, bikes are yours.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Like I said, it's all good.
enzopersson
Team: Privateer

Post by enzopersson »

moorin wrote:orite ok, just wondering why hes done that even though ddmx's model is a replica too.
couse kawasakis was bitching about not using that skin couse he using it on the team.
MWR #491

Post by MWR #491 »

Do anyone now how to just do one Fin on the shoei helmet, no its two fins on the sides??? Please help me! And one more thing when i try to put the chest protector on a riderskin, the chest protector (leyer) dissapears!? Im trying to learn PS myself, but i feel stuck on this!

Thanks/MWR
MWR #491

Post by MWR #491 »

Please somebody!!! :(
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I don't know what helmet you have but i know on mine the fin layout is wrapped into the helmet skin.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Can someone explain the layout of the rider skin. I got the one from mxsimulator.com/models. Is there a new one, i would like to try to make a skin. Thanks.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

For now, thats the one you need to skin. There should be a new one available in a short amount of time.
MWR #491

Post by MWR #491 »

ddmx488 i got the Shoei, And how do i get the fin to show up in game then??
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

All you should have to do is paint the skin as normal.
MWR #491

Post by MWR #491 »

ok i try that, im so bad at skinning. Never gonna get this to work :( :cry: