PEOPLE RELEASING BIKE SKINS: FILES TO MODIFY NUMBER COLOURS

Post about creating and skinning models here
DJ99X

PEOPLE RELEASING BIKE SKINS: FILES TO MODIFY NUMBER COLOURS

Post by DJ99X »

A while back, JLV made an update where you have to include a file to modify the colour of the numbers on the bike.

Here is what you have to do:

1) Download these files: http://www.mediafire.com/?ox91i6c7jks3zjb

As you can see, the files are named by class.

2) For each bike skin, you need to rename this file to have the exact same name as your skin.

For example, if you made a skin called

crf250-2012 PC-Pro Circuit.png

then you need to rename the 125_250f.png.info file to

crf250-2012 PC-Pro Circuit.png.info

3) Saf these files with your skin.

Note:
People need to be running black numbers with a white outline for this to be working properly. As such, the 250_450f.png.info isn't really necessary.
wheels1758

Re: PEOPLE RELEASING BIKE SKINS: FILES TO MODIFY NUMBER COLO

Post by wheels1758 »

This will generate the .info files for all the skins in your personal folder that do not have their own .info file. This will set all lites bikes (125/250f) to white numbers with black outline and all 250/450f bikes to black numbers with a white outline.
  • To make sure you get all of your skins, you'll want to run this on your personal folder and you install folder.
  • This requires python 2.x.
Number Generator Python Script

Usage:

Code: Select all

python number_generator.py location/of/personal/folder/ output_file.saf
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

That is absolute wizardry
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

DJ99X wrote:That is absolute wizardry
You're welcome. Now make me that 2-stroke.

Just kidding. I actually did this a while back when JLV first came out with colored numbers. He said he would make a script to write the files if someone came up with a list of all their skins. I wrote a script to list all the files but nobody seemed to care. So I upgraded it to actually make the files. Forgot to release it until you made this post.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

wheels1758 wrote:This will generate the .info files for all the skins in your personal folder that do not have their own .info file. This will set all lites bikes (125/250f) to white numbers with black outline and all 250/450f bikes to black numbers with a white outline.
  • To make sure you get all of your skins, you'll want to run this on your personal folder and you install folder.

Usage:

so just download and stick into personal folder?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Wheels for President!
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

barrington314 wrote:
wheels1758 wrote:This will generate the .info files for all the skins in your personal folder that do not have their own .info file. This will set all lites bikes (125/250f) to white numbers with black outline and all 250/450f bikes to black numbers with a white outline.

Usage:

so just download and stick into personal folder?
You'll need to install Python 2.7: http://www.python.org/getit/releases/2.7/

Once you've done that, put Wheels's script into the install folder (the folder with python.exe), as well as this bat file.

Then, open the bat file in a text editor, and replace "C:\Users\Dane\AppData\Local\MX Simulator" with your personal folder path. Save the bat and run it. Done.
twentythreemx

Post by twentythreemx »

I think I need the original numbers PNG files.. maybe thats why my stuffs messed up. I don't think mine have the outline. Can someone post them? I searched but all i found was numbers people tried to make.
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Ain't working for me.
It generates the file, and when I open the file I can clearly see all the skins I have and stuff but ingame it's still the same... Black numbers everywhere:p
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

twentythreemx wrote:I think I need the original numbers PNG files.. maybe thats why my stuffs messed up. I don't think mine have the outline. Can someone post them? I searched but all i found was numbers people tried to make.
If you remove the numbers file from your personal folder, that should reset you to stock numbers. You dont need an outline, but your numbers have to be mainly black. You could also try inverting the numbers you currently have in your personal folder.
mikez#411 wrote:Ain't working for me. It generates the file, and when I open the file I can clearly see all the skins I have and stuff but ingame it's still the same... Black numbers everywhere:p
Did you put the number info file (the saf that was created) in your personal folder?
twentythreemx

Post by twentythreemx »

I erased my numbers.. it didn't generate new number png files in my personal folder after playing.

I also checked a couple and my numbers are still screwed up. I'm wondering if Ive got something with the models messed up or something? I just switched to Hondas.. and I downloaded the yosh & pc updated hondas.. the bikes are fine but numbers show up backwards on them. A white bg bike has white #'s and a black bg has black #'s lol...

Tried the CR22 skin and its the same way...
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

twentythreemx wrote:I erased my numbers.. it didn't generate new number png files in my personal folder after playing.
That's because the numbers.png and numbers-condensed.png are in one of the saf's in your install folder. If you remove the numberinfo file that you created using the script all your numbers should be black (unless you try a skin that the creator made numberinfo files for)
A white bg bike has white #'s and a black bg has black #'s lol...
Hmm that sounds like you still have white numbers. When you say "white bg bike" do you mean a 450/250-2t, or do you just mean a bike with white backgrounds? Some 250fs have white backgrounds, and they will still be screwed up because the script is based off the name of the skin, not what the skin ACTUALLY looks like.
Tried the CR22 skin and its the same way...
Did the creator of this skin include numberinfo files? If so, that is the problem. Im sure there will be an issue with people not realizing that EVERYONE needs black numbers.png in order for things to work for everyone.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Numbers.png and Numbers-condensed.png can be found here If you want to try this, download these and put them in your personal folder, then see what happens.
rewrew421
Team: Privateer

Post by rewrew421 »

Mines not working either it reads a handful of skins and then stops right after "rmz250"

It never wrights the .saf file.
D.Eckels #421 "The O-G"
twentythreemx

Post by twentythreemx »

Thanks for the replies Wheels, appreciate it. Anyways, i don't know if he did but i do recall reading someone say that it was the first skin to actually use them correctly...

(its the chad reed bike back w/ the 11 / 12 twotwo motorsports bikes, 250 and 450)

I meant whtie bg as in the actual skin has white bg..

Thinking about it, it must be the bike, because I can see other people with black #'s on like stock bikes.. hmm.