How can i take a pic of the bike, WITHOUT the rider?

Post about creating and skinning models here
jackofknives
Team: Privateer

How can i take a pic of the bike, WITHOUT the rider?

Post by jackofknives »

Well, before anyone asks, i did look for this answer using the search option but couldn't find it.

I liked how gordy presented his Rinaldi Yamaha skin and would like to do so as well. I've just finished a new YZF, which is looking quite sexy and wanted to take some pics of it without the rider on, so everyone can get a glimpse of all the details. Can someone tell me how to do it?

(Here's a sample of the new skin):

z400jt

Re: How can i take a pic of the bike, WITHOUT the rider?

Post by z400jt »

Make a new image in PS 2048x2048. Create a new layer then turn the visibility of the background off. You should just see the checkerboard background. Save as a PNG under whatever name you want in your personal folder. Then do the same thing for a helmet skin. Now select those in game and you're rider and helmet will be transparent.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

why make it so big..
just make it 1 x 1px
yomo

Post by yomo »

a better way i found (by accident) was just to move the zzzx.saf which will mean the rider wont show up and a warning thingo at the top (that will go in a few seconds). It is much better because you don't get that faint out line of the rider
jackofknives

Post by jackofknives »

yomo195 wrote:a better way i found (by accident) was just to move the zzzx.saf which will mean the rider wont show up and a warning thingo at the top (that will go in a few seconds). It is much better because you don't get that faint out line of the rider
Thanks for the tip man! Worked great!
yomo

Post by yomo »

jackofknives wrote:
yomo195 wrote:a better way i found (by accident) was just to move the zzzx.saf which will mean the rider wont show up and a warning thingo at the top (that will go in a few seconds). It is much better because you don't get that faint out line of the rider
Thanks for the tip man! Worked great!
no problems...