Fmx Object models usability?

Post about creating and skinning models here
wheels1758

Re: Fmx Object models usability?

Post by wheels1758 »

Yomo, whats the second partial derivative with respect to x of the equation f(x,y)=xy? Brilliant mind, go!
rgaede
Team: Privateer

Post by rgaede »

gordy wrote:PROTIP: Graphics Calculators are mandatory in South Australia from Year 10 onwards
I Havent been able to use a graphing calculator in any math class since entering college, new rule even says that no calculators in calc 3 (which I'm in). You guys are lucky, would've loved to have my ti-84 on my calc 2 tests.
Rgaede Past numbers #333 #19 Now #373

DILLIGAF
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

wheels1758 wrote:Yomo, whats the second partial derivative with respect to x of the equation f(x,y)=xy? Brilliant mind, go!
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

DJ wrote:
wheels1758 wrote:Yomo, whats the second partial derivative with respect to x of the equation f(x,y)=xy? Brilliant mind, go!
Im not convinced that wasn't a guess :D. But i'll give you credit. What type of math are you in?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well, I did top level maths at high school and first year of university. Partial derivatives like that are easy, you just treat the other variable like a constant
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

DJ wrote:Well, I did top level maths at high school and first year of university. Partial derivatives like that are easy, you just treat the other variable like a constant
Let out my secret, huh? Thats cool man. Im in differential calc now, doing double integrals and such!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Haven't done double integrals yet. Probably do it this year
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

I see most people using Blender as their modeling program. I just downloaded it, but haven't had time to mess around with it. A question I have is, are the models that I make using google sketchup able to be used in games, or do I need to have collision spheres and other parameters added to surfaces? This question leans more towards track objects like buildings and vehicles that won't be ridden on. I enjoy making these objects when Im messing around at work, but it would suck if these can't be used for anything useful.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I'm not sure how google sketchup models work. If you can somehow get the models into blender, then you can get them into the game.

Oh, and collision files have to be written by hand, they cant be generated