Help with making skins work !!! (I'm a noob)

Post about creating and skinning models here
Grosser

Help with making skins work !!! (I'm a noob)

Post by Grosser »

I only have the demo and want to know if I can try out skins that have been uploaded by other users ? I downloaded a DDMX rider model V2 skin to test but when I go to change the apperarence of the rider it still just has default or alt-1. I have been to http://www.mxsimulator.com/benchracing3 ... f=1&t=1212 there and tried my best to follow JLV's instructions so I'm not sure where I went wrong ?!? Can anyone help ? I used Winzip to unzip it and that worked fine. I put the unzipped file in the right place according to JLV's instructions. Sorry to be a noob guys... :(
Hoop Diddley Loop
DJ99X

Re: Help with making skins work !!! (I'm a noob)

Post by DJ99X »

You'll probably notice that you are using a stick figure rider, where is the screenshots on the forum have a proper looking rider. Thats because you are using the demo. You've gotta realise that the demo has limits you know.
Grosser

Post by Grosser »

DJ wrote:You'll probably notice that you are using a stick figure rider, where is the screenshots on the forum have a proper looking rider. Thats because you are using the demo. You've gotta realise that the demo has limits you know.
Ahhk so at least I think I was doing it right. Well DJ as you may know I'm also on the ADB forum (i may be mistaken but I think I was the first to raise this topic on the ADB site) and I race MX so that pretty much keeps me pore. In the off season I worked my ass off to save up and buy a road bike to train for mx on (2009 Felt F85 for anyone wondering) so at the moment I'm pretty much in debt to Mum and Dad...Oh and my girlfriend coz we went to soundwave festival in Adelaide lol. THEREFORE I have no spare money to buy this game with, I'm trying to do the best with what I can afford (which is the demo) but it seems what I can afford is nothing like the real game. Can anything be changed or uploaded to the demo or do I have to wait another couple months till I'm out of debt ?!? Also I'm friggen ratarded at any real computer stuff so I thought i'd at least try and learn before I had the real copy, thats why I'm wasting your time by asking about it. Thanks for the advice, P.s. I wish I had your computer skills lol 8)
Hoop Diddley Loop
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah I know who you are, I'm pretty sure we found out about this game at the same time.

The only things you can download are old skins if you can find them, and the YZF model (as thats all you can use in the demo). You can download the CRF etc as well, but you wont be able to use them, only see them