Team: Apex Photo/FWR

Re: 2013 One Industries Defcon [Release]

Post by Ryan_Tate172 »

Great work, one of the cleanest templates I've ever used. Bravo guys! :D
ABRacing18
Team: 888888888888

Post by ABRacing18 »

You're awesome. Can't thank you enough for the gear and especially the template!
Aaron Boulger #116
Career Accomplishments:
Ate 3 tacos simultaneously
Almost won a race on 07
Made a successful batch of mac n cheese
jlv wrote:
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
WTF!!!! I barely touched him!!!
cbrew772
Team: Brew Designs|

Post by cbrew772 »

Do we need to change .jms after making our own gear?
MXTYSEN21 wrote:
cbrew772 wrote:Tysen!! Go show him up man :lol:
Im not a stock track hero haha. If he wants to get shown up then he needs to race an rf national. Yes, I went there :D
Stormz wrote:Hoffman pisses more excellence than you will ever hope to achieve, Blake curry, whoever you are
cbrew772

Post by cbrew772 »

I named my gear.."rider_body-2013DefconLight-NeonGreen.png" And put it straight into my personal folder, and it doesnt work?
MXTYSEN21 wrote:
Im not a stock track hero haha. If he wants to get shown up then he needs to race an rf national. Yes, I went there :D
Stormz wrote:Hoffman pisses more excellence than you will ever hope to achieve, Blake curry, whoever you are
Ryan_Tate172
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ryan_Tate172 »

cbrew772 wrote:I named my gear.."rider_body-2013DefconLight-NeonGreen.png" And put it straight into my personal folder, and it doesnt work?
Don't see why you'd name the saber colorway with the lightspeed jms.
cbrew772

Post by cbrew772 »

Shoot! I read it wrong! sorry guys!! :roll:
MXTYSEN21 wrote:
FALETTI480
Team: | POGO |

Post by FALETTI480 »

i still have no neck... tried all the jms. any thoughts? trying for no brace
OG DIZ
Team: Privateer

Post by OG DIZ »

FALETTI480 wrote:i still have no neck... tried all the jms. any thoughts? trying for no brace
Seems to work if you remove the original packed SAF's from NAU, you get neck, BUT - the gear looks horrible without his original packs in your folder (the shading doesn't look a 1/4th as rich, nor does the textures on the gear - looks very flat and pale in comparison). Anybody have any idea why? Like I said, only when the original SAF packs are removed and you pack your own SAF with the included .JM's.
Ryan_Tate172
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Ryan_Tate172 »

In the psd there's 2 shading versions, lightspeed and regular (and the neckbrace AO) I do believe. That might solve your problem, just make sure the shading is correct.
OG DIZ

Post by OG DIZ »

Ryan_Tate172 wrote:In the psd there's 2 shading versions, lightspeed and regular (and the neckbrace AO) I do believe. That might solve your problem, just make sure the shading is correct.
Wow, I actually just made a 'doh' mistake. Totally forgot to save down a mapping png for the gear an pack it, that solved the problem right there - textures are good, shading is good, neck is good.

Only possible problem I can see may be a problem when I get to it is the Lightspeed colorway, there's not a NoBrace .JM specifically for it. So should I just check the Lightspeed shading for that one and rename it the regular rider_body-2013DefconNoBrace naming? And cut off the Light in the first person.jm naming.
NAUpoiss75
Team: Spazztic

Post by NAUpoiss75 »

Lightspeed gear is slightly different than other defcon sets,so be careful and choose the right ao and normal and spec mapping.
OG DIZ wrote:Only possible problem I can see may be a problem when I get to it is the Lightspeed colorway, there's not a NoBrace .JM specifically for it. So should I just check the Lightspeed shading for that one and rename it the regular rider_body-2013DefconNoBrace naming? And cut off the Light in the first person.jm naming.
You can use the 2013Defcon model,the models are the same just named differently.
FALETTI480
Team: | POGO |

Post by FALETTI480 »

OG DIZ wrote:
FALETTI480 wrote:i still have no neck... tried all the jms. any thoughts? trying for no brace
Seems to work if you remove the original packed SAF's from NAU, you get neck, BUT - the gear looks horrible without his original packs in your folder (the shading doesn't look a 1/4th as rich, nor does the textures on the gear - looks very flat and pale in comparison). Anybody have any idea why? Like I said, only when the original SAF packs are removed and you pack your own SAF with the included .JM's.
yea removing the original saf's fixed the neck, but as you said it looks flat. i'm happy with it still. great job NAU
OG DIZ

Post by OG DIZ »

NAUpoiss75 wrote:Lightspeed gear is slightly different than other defcon sets,so be careful and choose the right ao and normal and spec mapping.
OG DIZ wrote:Only possible problem I can see may be a problem when I get to it is the Lightspeed colorway, there's not a NoBrace .JM specifically for it. So should I just check the Lightspeed shading for that one and rename it the regular rider_body-2013DefconNoBrace naming? And cut off the Light in the first person.jm naming.
You can use the 2013Defcon model,the models are the same just named differently.
Alright, cool, sounds good. Thanks a lot for this gear, it's super clean man. One small question I have for you though that I kind of find odd, is just why the braced version and braceless version almost seems like the model is slightly altered - is that a P2sta model thing? The upper arms on the braced version are a bit thicker, some wasteline/butt differences, and some other small differences like the upper right arm pit crease that really doesn't affect shit just is noticed when you look at an identical close up of both of them - like this. Just a wonder.

http://i46.tinypic.com/20htxrk.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/2rddes3.png
FALETTI480 wrote:
yea removing the original saf's fixed the neck, but as you said it looks flat. i'm happy with it still. great job NAU
Check/enable the Maps layer, enable DefconSpec and the Normal mapping, save that as a PNG and name it exactly as your gear is named with "_norm" at the end of the naming - that'll do it.

Also remember to have enabled nobraceAO, and Defcon Original Shading like Ryan said - for your gear PNG, not the spec mapping PNG. Obviously enable the opposites of all of this mentioned if you're doing the Lightspeed colorway.