***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post about creating and skinning models here
jones74

Re: ***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post by jones74 »

can someone please help me , when i download certain templates and try to edit them in gimp it says they have only one layer, for example the 2013 shift faction psd only has one layer which is like a grey background with the creator name on it, and there is several others with just one layer, but then there is ones like the thor flux which has several layers, so is there any reason why there is no gear layers or is it just because i use gimp not photoshop ? also can someone tell me what i need to save my edited version of the 2014 shift strike gear as it shows on the gear list in game but when i play with it just shows the default gear ?
Axionkt

Post by Axionkt »

Hey guys. sorry for the stupid question but I just started using blender and I am trying to learn.
What do you use to align bike models, as in what point of reference do you use?
I managed to get it somewhat close but I would love to learn how to get it perfect.

From what I understood you have to use JLV's bike blend file and align the pivot points then copy the origin is that right?
But then how to make sure everything lines up?

My problem is that if I line up the swingarm with the frame and the upper forks with the steering head, my wheels aren't on the axles.
If I line up the wheels, the swingarm goes into the frame and the rider's hands are not on the grips, the steering head is also slightly off.

So I've managed to kinda fix it by playing with the scale and moving the origin but I would love to know the proper way to do it.

Let me know if pictures are needed.
moto4life211
Team: Never heard of it

Post by moto4life211 »

So im just getting back into skinning and of course ran into a noob problem. Im using T-Riders 2013 crf 450 template and ran into an in game issue can anybody please help me out with this? Thanks
Justin Caron | Privateer Honda
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

[quote="Axionkt"]#Problemquote]

I like you, you seem like a smart guy =p

JLV released a set of cordinates for the game awhile back (Hard pivots) I used to points to make a jig and I use that jig as refrence because its obviously perfectly aligned. I'll send it to you in a few hours when I get home.
You'll also find that some bikes werent made properly to start with so they don't line up. 9/10 everything except the footpegs and handle bars line up. I'll make a tutorial too if you would like me to.
Hi
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

moto4life211 wrote:So im just getting back into skinning and of course ran into a noob problem. Im using T-Riders 2013 crf 450 template and ran into an in game issue can anybody please help me out with this? Thanks
[img]http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/daaaarider211/screenshot016.png/img]
Looks to me like you are using DJ's 2010 crf template (Your JM's are good so don't worry about them). Try using the one included with Josh's download.
Hi
moto4life211

Post by moto4life211 »

Boblob801 wrote:
moto4life211 wrote:So im just getting back into skinning and of course ran into a noob problem. Im using T-Riders 2013 crf 450 template and ran into an in game issue can anybody please help me out with this? Thanks
[img]http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt287/daaaarider211/screenshot016.png/img]
Looks to me like you are using DJ's 2010 crf template (Your JM's are good so don't worry about them). Try using the one included with Josh's download.
No im using the right temp. Im using this temp http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... F+template
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

I think hes using jays jms with the new yosh pipe which has a different wireframe
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Nah based on what I can see the engine etc lines up which is what you would get on either template. At first I thought his map might have been rotated but the engine lines up so I guess not. You can't have the wrong JM's because they look like the one's you want yet the template you claim to be using doesn't line up. Maybe the JM's are broken?
Can you maybe show us the .png of your skin?
Hi
moto4life211

Post by moto4life211 »

here you go and heres how i named it
crf450v2013-2013Stock-PitProMxcom.png
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

I think youre using pauls jms you need t-riders
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

moto4life211

Post by moto4life211 »

TH_722 wrote:I think youre using pauls jms you need t-riders
see but i have triders though
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Somethings not right here. Why is there an FMF logo on your endcap but no FMF logo anywhere on your skin? You're either showing us the wrong skin or you have to and one is taking priority over the other.
Hi
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

t-riders doesnt have handguards or a disk guard so...
moto4life211

Post by moto4life211 »

Boblob801 wrote:Somethings not right here. Why is there an FMF logo on your endcap but no FMF logo anywhere on your skin? You're either showing us the wrong skin or you have to and one is taking priority over the other.
ignore the fmf i did change it through the process of still making the skin. but i already download that part of triders