***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post about creating and skinning models here
MotoEightyFive
Team: Privateer

Re: ***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post by MotoEightyFive »

ok thanks luke. Ive been to that page before, but have not gotten much out of it. Also I had saved it as a png before, but heres the part i dont understand. Do i have to like RE save each part of the bike seperatly (ex. Front Fender) or just use those six tags. Which is still a concept i dont understand, there are more than six parts so are there multiple parts in each type of tag?

bike_frame.jm
bike_swingarm.jm
bike_fork_upper.jm
bike_fork_lower.jm
bike_side_plates.jm
bike_front_plate.jm

Plus, heres my next issue. whats a jm. and how do i convert to it.

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first skin and i dont fully understand how to do it. I mean it would be so much easier if the tutorial simply told you how to do it in steps. I feel a bit noobish but...

Thanks In Advance
Moto
Goncalo

Post by Goncalo »

I'll ask again.. Why isn't there a folder with everything already, to download?! With all the tracks and models and skins, just paste it in the proper place.

Cheers
BMseX

Post by BMseX »

MotoEightyFive wrote:ok thanks luke. Ive been to that page before, but have not gotten much out of it. Also I had saved it as a png before, but heres the part i dont understand. Do i have to like RE save each part of the bike seperatly (ex. Front Fender) or just use those six tags. Which is still a concept i dont understand, there are more than six parts so are there multiple parts in each type of tag?

bike_frame.jm
bike_swingarm.jm
bike_fork_upper.jm
bike_fork_lower.jm
bike_side_plates.jm
bike_front_plate.jm

Plus, heres my next issue. whats a jm. and how do i convert to it.

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my first skin and i dont fully understand how to do it. I mean it would be so much easier if the tutorial simply told you how to do it in steps. I feel a bit noobish but...

Thanks In Advance
Moto
Your just a little confused but you have gone the correct way for getting help.

Ok, you don't save parts individually.

Once you have saved your skin as a .psd so you can edit more later you need to save as .png.

Since yours is a suzuki you need to save it as rmz250-(enter bike name here). Thats it, the .jm and stuff is for modeling.
Skins should be named (for the default model):
bike-ZZZZ.png : This will show as ZZZZ in game (kx250f-Stewart Replica.png for example)
"It took Jesus 3 days to respawn, talk about LAG!"
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

Goncalo wrote:I'll ask again.. Why isn't there a folder with everything already, to download?! With all the tracks and models and skins, just paste it in the proper place.

Cheers
jesus christ m8 open your eyes it (TOP OF THE MODELS & SKINS THREAD)
edit:http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=7&t=2371
there you go dont even need to look now....
edit: oh and thanks for clearing it up BMsex :mrgreen:
Goncalo

Post by Goncalo »

What about the skins?
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

just look around and go on pure mx and look for them....
MotoEightyFive

Post by MotoEightyFive »

thanks alot BM, that really helped.
it is pretty simpld i cant beleive it... its
just that namin process that screwed me all
Goncalo

Post by Goncalo »

Guys, thats exactly what i mean! I asked you for the models and you directed me to download 10 diferent files, put each in the correct folder, have it correctly named, then search for the skins, put them on the right place... I know that this isn't that dificult, but some people just want to play, and don't have the patience do deal with files and stuff.. Just make a folder, where is the problem? This way it would be even better because everyone would get the "public" stuff, and everyone would look good to each other, the private skins would have to be in separate, or not, if the folder got updated whenever a new skin came out. It would be much easier and this guy wouldn't be messing with files for 3 days, and make this 3 page topic.. Just download and replace. Undestand? It makes all the sense to me.

PS: same thing with the tracks.
BMseX

Post by BMseX »

I don't think LUKE knows what you mean. They can't make one folder with everything in it because people release new stuff all the time. I wish there was one also so I could see every body at all times. I think we should organize this so that every month or 2 weeks a new folder comes out and we delete the other one. that way every one has the same skins, and if you wanted to make a new skin you would need to contact the person who puts the folder together to get your skin in there.

Any body want to do this with me? I don't have enough space atm but I can definitely organize it, but some one else will have top put everything in the folder.
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

i really cant see why you cant just look for them, i can understnad what your saying but no1 else has had this problem except for you....
oh and BM whats "i dont think LUKE knows what you mean" supposed to mean....
Goncalo

Post by Goncalo »

Exactly BMsex! But I can't offer myself to do that with you, I don't know how to organize the folder, mine is a mess, but yeah that's it!

Cheers
BMseX

Post by BMseX »

ok look for it in the future :D

Luke, I didn't mean anything bad you jsut weren't understanding what he wanted to know. But I got it all covered! Thanks for calling me BM I can't take myself seriously when people say BMseX lol.
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

No worrys m8
BMseX
*giggles like a school girl* 8)
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Hello...

Im looking for the yamaha yzf250 template because I can't find this anywhere...

Hopefully some1 can post the link!

thanks.
johanbest

Post by johanbest »

So.... i have seen people having problems to get their skins ingame. A other guy had a problem that, after he downloaded the latest of everything. Putted the models into the Personal folder and the skin too, the fenders were all messed up (basiclly the skin). The model itself was OK since it didnt look ´like the older ones. The Guy didnt get anymore help since noone understanded the problem.

I have same problem, the fenders are gray, white and a little red, blue, yellow, green (depending on which manufacture i take). Same goes for the ROBOTS too.

i have the 1.2 update. Is that all i need? (for updates) I got some EXE too that i was supose to replace.

In my Models folder (i created) includes 09bikepack.saf , $Z-YamahaModels.saf , crf250 wireframe (PNG) and the others 2. (What are wireframes also?, i can see its pictures from the bikes itself with lines, but do i need them for this?)

Thats all models i have!, no old bikemodels i dont have those. Incase that rename part, but i should understand this but the result is wrong... which is something im missing.

In the skins folder theres a .saf file. All that and done?

equals= a bloody mess in game. And that renameguide

Sorry in general for posting this crap. I know you will all go crazy and say to me "why cant you just do as it says?" i do but better explanation would be good. And take the fact why the messed up skin is happening since atleast me and a other guy have had.

//Johan