***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post about creating and skinning models here
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Re: ***MODELS and SKINS HELP/QUESTION THREAD***

Post by Boblob801 »

Ddavis wrote:So I'm trying to use O'hagans proframe and I can see the chest protector while in 1st person. I downloaded p2stas fp jm and it removes the chest protector, but the rider itself has a weird distorted look on its arms and gloves, but looks totally fine in 3rd person. According to O'hagan, the UV maps are different, so I need to make a new JM (which I don't know how to do), so does anyone have a fp jm for the proframe? Or can anyone do it for me? Thanks..
You shouldn't have to do anything, O'hagan should have released two JM's, one standard and one for first person? The only way to fix it would be to do your own JM which would require the blend file.
Hi
Trevor DiBasilio
Team: GoPro Racing

Post by Trevor DiBasilio »

Does anyone know how the AO Maps work, because i cant figure it out at all
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Trevor DiBasilio wrote:Does anyone know how the AO Maps work, because i cant figure it out at all
It's just fake shadows and highlights for your texture map. You just place it over the top with a blend (Depends on the AO Map but it might be Overlay with maybe 25% opacity)
Hi
calebheney223
Team: Cock Suckers

Post by calebheney223 »

Goncalo wrote:Hi, does the game load the others skins? Like, if I have my yz125 with a skin of my own and another guy has a different skin, and I have his skin too (but im not using it) does his bike show up to me with his skin or mine? If it shows his skin, wouldn´t be a good idea to make a folder with all current skins, for download? And that folder would be updated with new requested skins. It would be great to have something that would be copy/paste and get all bikes and skins.
Yeah his bike skin will still show as long as you have in downloaded
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
Brad smith17
Team: SKDA

Post by Brad smith17 »

Could someone HMU with a tutorial on how to do shading and/or norms in blender? Ive been modelling Parts for bikes but you know.... i need those Norms and Shading doe
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

Brad smith17 wrote:Could someone HMU with a tutorial on how to do shading and/or norms in blender? Ive been modelling Parts for bikes but you know.... i need those Norms and Shading doe
If you had caught me in my prime I probs would have made one with some encouragement, RIP you. Side note, doing maps is universal, just google it. Personally prefered 3ds Max for maps but blender is still good.
Hi
Brad smith17
Team: SKDA

Post by Brad smith17 »

Boblob801 wrote:
Brad smith17 wrote:Could someone HMU with a tutorial on how to do shading and/or norms in blender? Ive been modelling Parts for bikes but you know.... i need those Norms and Shading doe
If you had caught me in my prime I probs would have made one with some encouragement, RIP you. Side note, doing maps is universal, just google it. Personally prefered 3ds Max for maps but blender is still good.
Ah thanks hahah, Thanks mate, ill see what i can find
RobertPink
Team: SYS Racing

Post by RobertPink »

Anyone know of a good looking Suzuki model or psd forsale?
mecke96
Team: Northern Factory MX

Post by mecke96 »

Hi there!
Just a fast question is it possible to have a separate .PNG for a JM.

Like this:
Upper Frame.jm and frame.jm uses bike.png
and Lower frame.jm and swing.jm uses Sledkitbike.png on the same model (Bike)?

Why i want this is so the new sled kit i have made would work on all kinds of bike models. If i have to make it on the same picture it will be so blury.
the second option is to make the UWV 2048x1024 but then you will be locked in the models you have access to a 3ds/obj/blend file so you can change the UWV mapping.

// Melker S
2014 Amateur 125 SX : 1st Overall
My tracks!: Swedish Enduro NFMX JokerMX Apex Motocross
My models!: Timbersled kit
KieranEvans122
Team: Privateer

Post by KieranEvans122 »

mecke96 wrote:Hi there!

Like this:

Why i want this is so the new sled kit i have made would work on all kinds of bike models. If i have to make it on the same picture it will be so blury.
the second option is to make the UWV 2048x1024 but then you will be locked in the models you have access to a 3ds/obj/blend file so you can change the UWV mapping.

// Melker S
Didnt know there was a thing called an upper frame and lower frame. I know there is upper forks and lower forks, and no you cannot have seperate pngs for one jm, not how it works in this game unfortunately for u
Kieran Evans | Privateer
mecke96
Team: Northern Factory MX

Post by mecke96 »

KieranEvans122 wrote:

Like this:

// Melker S
Didnt know there was a thing called an upper frame and lower frame. I know there is upper forks and lower forks, and no you cannot have seperate pngs for one jm, not how it works in this game unfortunately for u
okey!
Ment upper fork and lower forks ;) Was so long ago i messed around with the JMs :D
2014 Amateur 125 SX : 1st Overall
My tracks!: Swedish Enduro NFMX JokerMX Apex Motocross
My models!: Timbersled kit
KieranEvans122
Team: Privateer

Post by KieranEvans122 »

mecke96 wrote:
KieranEvans122 wrote:

Like this:

// Melker S
okey!
Ment upper fork and lower forks ;) Was so long ago i messed around with the JMs :D
I just leave that up to the guys know know what they are doing :lol:
Kieran Evans | Privateer
lukemolter232
Team: Midwest Racing

Post by lukemolter232 »

what have i done wrong here?
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

just wondering if anybody can put a pair of xtrig rocs and a holeshot device on a bikefor me? ? message me
dirtrider56
Team: fasthouse yamaha

Post by dirtrider56 »

I had that problem just dont put it in your personel folder just put it straight into your mx simulator folder