Vintage Bikes V1

Post about creating and skinning models here
ShowtimeMx

Vintage Bikes V1

Post by ShowtimeMx »

UPDATED: So i actually originally deleted the link for a reason, the swingarm somehow got off and then i couldnt get blender to work since i upgraded to a ATI 4890. but i fixed the swingarm and have updated the link so those that have the old file replace it with the new one.

So I decided to kick it old school and make the vintage bike, its a mix of a lot of different old school bikes.

This is Version 1 of the vintage bikes and I will be doing a few more things to it in order to clean it up but for now I am releasing it as is so everyone can enjoy them.

I would like to thank DJ for helping with the numbers on the plates and also DDMX for the forks and stuff.

Anyways hope you guys enjoy leave some feedback and not just "their not very good or They Suck"

D/l Here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nlyw2zwn50c

Oh and one more thing I am releasing a two second template in hopes that somebody can do a better job of skinning a vintage bike "which isnt that hard cause my skinning skills arent up to par with a lot of people around here" but if you have a good skin send me the skin and I will make it a part of Version 2

Template:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ldlwo2mmmtw
Last edited by ShowtimeMx on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Vintage Bikes V1

Post by yzmxer608 »

Cool, too bad I can't see how they look in game though :(. I think Jetz would be ecstatic if he was still here.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

only one to win something real from the game!
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

wht do we name as when placing are skin in game
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

Its under the CR 125
Video coming soon!
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

If u make a skin name it cr125-vintage-blahblah =]
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

i talked to jetz and this is what he said

Something tells me I've already seen this...

And, I was right. I'm actually not all that excited over this one. It's a step forward, but it's got miles to go before it's really right. The modeler obviously had the "sub-frame" mentality going, as you can see the rear-portion of the frame looks like it's made out of wire. The engine looks liquid-cooled, which is a big no-no for anything older than 1980, and the exhaust wraps around the side rather than going up above the cylinder like they did back in those days, because there was actually room for it with air cooling. Most of the distinguishing features of the bike, such as fenders, tank and cylinder, are all generic so one can't tell if it's a Maico or a Husqvarna or even a Kawasaki. The shocks look as though they've been taken off a 50cc Suzuki and stretched on a medieval torture device, and the swing arm looks like it was taken off a brand-new CRF. Showtime is great with models but I'm going to bet he did this off the top rather than from a picture, as that would've cured 90% of the problems.
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

Heres the honda
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

RaNDoM HeRO wrote:i talked to jetz and this is what he said

Something tells me I've already seen this...

And, I was right. I'm actually not all that excited over this one. It's a step forward, but it's got miles to go before it's really right. The modeler obviously had the "sub-frame" mentality going, as you can see the rear-portion of the frame looks like it's made out of wire. The engine looks liquid-cooled, which is a big no-no for anything older than 1980, and the exhaust wraps around the side rather than going up above the cylinder like they did back in those days, because there was actually room for it with air cooling. Most of the distinguishing features of the bike, such as fenders, tank and cylinder, are all generic so one can't tell if it's a Maico or a Husqvarna or even a Kawasaki. The shocks look as though they've been taken off a 50cc Suzuki and stretched on a medieval torture device, and the swing arm looks like it was taken off a brand-new CRF. Showtime is great with models but I'm going to bet he did this off the top rather than from a picture, as that would've cured 90% of the problems.
LOL well jetz truth be told i actually had a different model but it somehow did not get saved after a nice little five or six hour modeling session, in that session I had the pipe going above the cylinder, a different cylinder head, and a few other things modeled after the old school maico's and stuff but all went by by the next morning. but thats why this is version 1 and i will try to get out an update with more correct features.
(The good news is this model is pretty low Poly which means it wont make low end cpu's lag as much.)
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

i noticed somthing that should be fixed.. on the yellow yami on the left side of the tank yamaha is backwards
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

i cant get why not do the 125 models before this, in a good way =]
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

good job showtime looks sick.
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

DankeKTM21 wrote:i cant get why not do the 125 models before this, in a good way =]
The 125's are being taken care of danke, just you wait.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

these are awesome!!
Jack 984

Post by Jack 984 »

showtime, thank you so much for this, its made this game 5x better, i cant stop laughing the whole time im riding lol