New Rider Model (.psd inside)

Post about creating and skinning models here
DJ99X

Re: New Rider Model

Post by DJ99X »

Oi, I havent complained yet :lol:

I will say though, I think you could have been more efficient with your poly usage. I don't think the detail on the boots is needed, those faces could be used for around the joints, or the waist area. I reckon, with the amount of faces you have around the joints now, that the joints will 'pinch'. I could be wrong though, I would like to see it in game

Re: DDMX's point on choice of models. I think I speak for the rest of us, when I say we could use that RM125 you were modelling, rather than another rider model.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Oh, and I unlocked your first post
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

DJ wrote:Oi, I havent complained yet :lol:

I will say though, I think you could have been more efficient with your poly usage. I don't think the detail on the boots is needed, those faces could be used for around the joints, or the waist area. I reckon, with the amount of faces you have around the joints now, that the joints will 'pinch'. I could be wrong though, I would like to see it in game

Re: DDMX's point on choice of models. I think I speak for the rest of us, when I say we could use that RM125 you were modelling, rather than another rider model.
Well the problem that i have found with adding more polys at the joints is that then you get really weird bends. If ya noticed it says V7 behind the what model it is thats because i have done so many of the damn things that this is the version im on. I have made super detailed ones then i made super low poly ones and so far its just really hard with the way jlv setup the armature and how it works.

The rm125 is done the only thing left is skinning it and Hvpunk wa all over it but hasnt done anything else for awhile now cause he got sidetracked with my atv game and a few other things so... if someone wants to skin it they are more than welcom to or maybe i will do a quick stock skin and release it so that we have a rm125 model.

To be totally honest i have so many models, i just never release them because i worry nobody actually wants or needs them.

I have 3 helmet models done.

I have the crf250 2010 done

I have the Rm125

A couple of track objects

close to about 8 tracks i havent finished yet.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

If you would preview things more and not just keep it secret then BAM! out to the public. Not saying your select few you do share with aren't good choices but, the rest of us have ideas and opinions of what we like and dislike.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

Pumaxcs wrote:If you would preview things more and not just keep it secret then BAM! out to the public. Not saying your select few you do share with aren't good choices but, the rest of us have ideas and opinions of what we like and dislike.
Your right puma i need to do that more that way i get opinions from more than just a select few. Ill try to let others see so that they can put in there two cents.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

I believe we should wait for the new shader to work on a new rider but hey this one is not bad eh
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Post by jbob23 »

im all for more helmet models. and whats this atv game u speak of?
epik
Team: Privateer

Post by epik »

Hey showtime been playing with this model for a little bit now and I really like it. Looks great rideing in 3rd person. I dont see any harm whatsoever in having a little variety, not everyone at the track is exactly the same! I was also a fan of your last rider model and liked the idea of the 3 diffrent sizes of riders.

If you enjoy modeling and its a hobby of yours dont let others get you down, everyone has there opinions and I dont think the guys are trying to come down on you. Release your stuff! There are alot of people that enjoy your work, model whatever you want its just a game and its just for fun.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Looks like I can't use this when theres a leatt brace on since I can't see...(helmet cam)
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

we all enjoy and appreciate your work. its just we dont really NEED another rider model. and what helmets do you have done?
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

You know despite what other people say, I give you a lot of credit for all that you do. You've had a sketchy past, but i hand out forgiveness quite easily and I must say that this is great. I like it a lot and it shows that even when people put you down and knit pick at every little detail you can push through.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Brina927 wrote:Looks like I can't use this when theres a leatt brace on since I can't see...(helmet cam)
Yeah, that is definitely a problem. Just take off the armour and leatt, and save it as rider_body_fp
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Showtime what track models do you have to relese? and i think you should relese the CRF250r!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

I like it alot showtime :D I like the shoulder area alot, it doesnt look like hes wearing some kind of Ultra armor under his jersey.

Only bad thing i see is that his upper body seems to be leaning too far forward, sometimes it looks like he's looking at the front fender when riding.
Yahama7

Post by Yahama7 »

Hey i think thats my skin on it :D
Nice you used it 8)
And for those black parts: thats where the MvA wireframe ends.
It's Yahama7 !!!