[Kickstart] 2015 Thor Gear

Post about creating and skinning models here
Jsemmens1997
Team: Stance Moto

Re: [Kickstart] 2015 Thor Gear

Post by Jsemmens1997 »

Bloody hell leave him alone, most of you probably havent made gear, let alone the amount he has, its time consuming and isnt easy, its simple you dont want to pay for it, well then dont, no need to bitch on the forums. The Gear looks sweat Tooh't :)
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Jsemmens1997 wrote:Bloody hell leave him alone, most of you probably havent made gear, let alone the amount he has, its time consuming and isnt easy, its simple you dont want to pay for it, well then dont, no need to bitch on the forums. The Gear looks sweat Tooh't :)
ok I probably have no idea what Im talking about
Craig

Post by Craig »

Your life aint worth the 50euros let alone this gear BigOLEL
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Count me in Tooh't i'll make a donation as im interested to make some replica GP/AMA riders and share with the community. Having these already made will save me a ton of time plus knowing the amount of hours and detail you have spent on them is well worth it.

I don't think theres anything wrong with asking for a donation due to the large amount of skins being offerred at once here. Nobody is forcing anyone to donate, if you dont like it dont. It's similar to those FB pages and websites where paypal donation links are added, if you appreciate the work of that creator you are welcome to make a donation only if you want to if not its ok too. You won't get rich from donations here but some people will always appreciate things more than others do for various reasons and purposes.

A team could have purchased all the skins for more than mentioned then kept exclusivity for themselves and not shared with the community whereas a small amount pooled together by some in the community who don't mind to can allow them to be shared. I don't think the trend will catch on in general but Tooh't is also good friend of mine and has helped me numerous times without fail during his busy schedule and study so i personally don't mind helping out knowing more about his situation than most.
colson55

Post by colson55 »

TM_Infidel wrote:Count me in Tooh't i'll make a donation as im interested to make some replica GP/AMA riders and share with the community. Having these already made will save me a ton of time plus knowing the amount of hours and detail you have spent on them is well worth it.

I don't think theres anything wrong with asking for a donation due to the large amount of skins being offerred at once here. Nobody is forcing anyone to donate, if you dont like it dont. It's similar to those FB pages and websites where paypal donation links are added, if you appreciate the work of that creator you are welcome to make a donation only if you want to if not its ok too. You won't get rich from donations here but some people will always appreciate things more than others do for various reasons and purposes.

A team could have purchased all the skins for more than mentioned then kept exclusivity for themselves and not shared with the community whereas a small amount pooled together by some in the community who don't mind to can allow them to be shared. I don't think the trend will catch on in general but Tooh't is also good friend of mine and has helped me numerous times without fail during his busy schedule and study so i personally don't mind helping out knowing more about his situation than most.
I agree with you ;)
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

TH_722 wrote:I think its dumb your selling something somebody else created and you imitated and put in a game but thats just my opinion
I would buy your stuff Hoffman <3
Iki Demaria
Team: Privateer

Post by Iki Demaria »

it's nice work, but I'm struggling to understand the idea of selling the work you perform was at the base for your personal pleasure knowing that you are making this more a compilation shirts, and more some will copy your work necessarily, honestly check back has a paypal donation style, if that seems reasonable given your actual investment and involvement in your work deserves to be called finance.
je la lève en I
Jrad07
Team: Privateer

Post by Jrad07 »

I would like all the Thor gear with the safs and templates. This just what I needed, please pm me your email and PayPal. I'm happy to pay for that gear
"Eat, Sleep, Work, Repeat!"
Arkady910

Post by Arkady910 »

TM_Infidel wrote:Count me in Tooh't i'll make a donation as im interested to make some replica GP/AMA riders and share with the community. Having these already made will save me a ton of time plus knowing the amount of hours and detail you have spent on them is well worth it.

All of this resume my opinion to, thx Brad!
All of the creator take the time to make some skins or models, but an old French proverb say " the time is money ". He is a medical student and work so hard like me in my studies, so he haven't the time to work out his studies and he also need money!

If it was p2sta or m121c or another no one of you say "why did you sell that, ..." because they are a ugh creator and they're must be famous like tooh't but he take the same time to make some skins like them!
So please just respect his decision and if you want these gears buy it! ;)
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

What if he's selling his time and not knock off gear????? :o
Hi
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

What if I sell my designs to people, like .psd's ? (with every layer there is) Of course if they buy.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

L2op
Team: quoi

Post by L2op »

I think that's actually not cool, or crap or bullshit or whatever, it's a game and the possibility to make skins and all should be to share and not to pay. But well that's only my opinion

Hail iz me, me
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Well on my part, I release skins to the public every time, just try to make profit of an actual designs selling them as a .psd's. That shouldn't be that bad..
This is a little different scenario I guess.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

John23

Post by John23 »

Well IMO, even charging for .PSDs are kinda dumb. The MX SIM community is supposed to a be a giving community, not a charity/profit organization.

IMO, either:
A) Release the SAF, then the PSD later in time.
B) Release the SAF and the PSD at the same time.
C) Don't release anything.

I think it is out of style to run blank gear(no name, numbers, or logos) so why even release a SAF? What's the point?

Maybe you should just release it out of the kindness of your hearts.

I (and the whole community) knows how much time you spent on this, but most of the MX SIM community is probably a bunch of 10-12 year old kids who make $3 a week by washing the dishes and flushing the toilet.... I'm in college and don't have the money for this. I'm using my money to buy Ramen, and doing my laundry...

Just my two cents...
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Why don't you just run stock numbers then.
Hi