[Kickstart] 2015 Thor Gear

Post about creating and skinning models here
Tooh't
Team: Privateer

Re: [Kickstart] 2015 Thor Gear

Post by Tooh't »

Jsemmens1997; TM_Infidel; colson55; Arkady910, thanks guys.
Kawasakis wrote:What if I sell my designs to people, like .psd's ? (with every layer there is) Of course if they buy.
Kawasakis wrote:Well on my part, I release skins to the public every time, just try to make profit of an actual designs selling them as a .psd's. That shouldn't be that bad..
This is a little different scenario I guess.
I'm pretty sure people will love to have you gear, they look sick. And as you said, you released stuff before.
L2op wrote:I think that's actually not cool, or crap or bullshit or whatever, it's a game and the possibility to make skins and all should be to share and not to pay. But well that's only my opinion
You shared a lot for sure... I never saw you name! Whereas I know you're not to bad with toshop. So your opinion seems to be for others creators but not you? Right?
John23 wrote:Well IMO, even charging for .PSDs are kinda dumb. The MX SIM community is supposed to a be a giving community, not a charity/profit organization.

IMO, either:
A) Release the SAF, then the PSD later in time.
B) Release the SAF and the PSD at the same time.
C) Don't release anything.

I think it is out of style to run blank gear(no name, numbers, or logos) so why even release a SAF? What's the point?

Maybe you should just release it out of the kindness of your hearts.

I (and the whole community) knows how much time you spent on this, but most of the MX SIM community is probably a bunch of 10-12 year old kids who make $3 a week by washing the dishes and flushing the toilet.... I'm in college and don't have the money for this. I'm using my money to buy Ramen, and doing my laundry...

Just my two cents...
Just to be clear, i sell the PSD, not a saf! I agree this is a communauty, and i gave all my creations for free before, but to be a "giving community" everybody need to give; but this is ALWAYS the same who share, maybe 20 or 30 guys, not many; the others guys waiiiiiiiiit....

Personally i like to run blank gear sometime. And release a saf could show your stuff to people.

No i'm pretty sure you don't know how much time people could spend on it; the only thing you (I talk in general) want is a new gear for the next 10 days... And nobody was forced to pay for it.
I'm a student i'm not paid for all the stuff you said.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I wouldn't really recommend selling your stuff individually, not because I disagree, but somewhere down the line you will get screwed by someone. Unfortunately you will always have people who will share stuff whether they paid for it or not. If not I could have made a shit ton off my Honda model by now and it's not even done. :lol: Yet, it would have already been ripped and released by someone already also...

The idea of a kickstarter is for the community to donate to a certain goal to help fund a project. My Honda for instance, I would set up a kickstarter of a goal of lets say $500, when the goal is reached a PSD is released for free to the entire community.

To the people that get so angry about someone wanting to sell their stuff... learn how to do it yourself and you can release your things for free then, no one is forcing you to do anything. Don't act like a spoiled child and throw a fit when you want something, but you don't want to buy it.
L2op
Team: quoi

Post by L2op »

Tooh't wrote:
L2op wrote:I think that's actually not cool, or crap or bullshit or whatever, it's a game and the possibility to make skins and all should be to share and not to pay. But well that's only my opinion
You shared a lot for sure... I never saw you name! Whereas I know you're not to bad with toshop. So your opinion seems to be for others creators but not you? Right?
Yea man sorry, all my gears are released or used by a team, same for the bikes, even if i didn't release them because i was too lazy to do the packs, they are by someone else, and for the other ones they are ripped so, yea, sorry dude. But don't mind me i just don't see the thing to make people pay that much for something that simple, but you do whatever you want to do and i respect that and if people want to buy your stuff, then that's cool for you

Hail iz me, me
Arkady910

Post by Arkady910 »

m121c wrote:I wouldn't really recommend selling your stuff individually, not because I disagree, but somewhere down the line you will get screwed by someone. Unfortunately you will always have people who will share stuff whether they paid for it or not. If not I could have made a shit ton off my Honda model by now and it's not even done. :lol: Yet, it would have already been ripped and released by someone already also...

The idea of a kickstarter is for the community to donate to a certain goal to help fund a project. My Honda for instance, I would set up a kickstarter of a goal of lets say $500, when the goal is reached a PSD is released for free to the entire community.

To the people that get so angry about someone wanting to sell their stuff... learn how to do it yourself and you can release your things for free then, no one is forcing you to do anything. Don't act like a spoiled child and throw a fit when you want something, but you don't want to buy it.
Yea it's true. I understand it's better to set up a kickstarter of a goal and the released for free. But in some of games you need to pay to use some skins or other stuff (like League of Legend or Call of Dutty for exemple). I know in mxs you don't need to pay but here it's just an participation to help a guys, like you to make your HONDA project. And if I can help some guys for their project (help of the work on the project or give a participation) I realy do! I'm a student to and if I can to get some money with a skin for a game or to help some people in IT I already do. It's the same here ;).

m121c you are right but Tooh't is right to :)

l2op you make some skins but you don't share all of your stuff public like Tooh't, i see so many skins make by Tooh't like you. I see your skins in the contest or a screen never on public release!
So just do the same like Tooh't or m121c or another and after we can talk!
John23

Post by John23 »

Any update on this?

sorry to bring back an old topic
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Thegoat4
Team: Privateer

Post by Thegoat4 »

So can i find these gears anywhere ?
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

TH_722 wrote:I think its dumb your selling something somebody else created and you imitated and put in a game but thats just my opinion
Oh boy how the tables have turned lol
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.