cperkins243
Team: WCP Racing

NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE TEAM SKINS AND RENDER

Post by cperkins243 »

need someone to make team skins and do a render for me for free
John23

Re: NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE TEAM SKINS AND RENDER

Post by John23 »

No one is going to do team skins and a tender for free. Skins...maybe. Render...no. It takes too much time and if someone does do it for free, it's gonna be shit.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

John23 wrote:No one is going to do team skins and a tender for free. Skins...maybe. Render...no. It takes too much time and if someone does do it for free, it's gonna be shit.
depends who they are, ive done renders fro free. Im by no means the best by I think they look okay...
Kiwiboy116
Team: Panic Graphics

Post by Kiwiboy116 »

I've done some for free and they're pretty good ones but I'd never do more than one bike and guy for free because it would take most of the day/night
John23

Post by John23 »

Yeah. He emailed me to do it, and I told him I wouldn't do it for free...
mx750
Team: Privateer

Post by mx750 »

John23 wrote:Yeah. He emailed me to do it, and I told him I wouldn't do it for free...
Bet let's all be honest here i paid you 20 dollars for a render and it pretty much looked like garbage. I spent 1 day playing around with blender and made a better render. So in all honesty I wouldn't be charging people until you better your skills. There was pixels all over the bike and background and gear. Unfortunately that was the worst 20 dollars I've ever spent. But lesson learned ....learn to do it yourself. I appreciate your efforts but if I was to ever charge someone money I would make sure the render was presentable before calling it complete and sending it to the purchaser.
John23

Post by John23 »

I asked you how it was and you said "GREAT JOB. LOVE IT." You could have said "hey. There's pixels everywhere. Can you fix this?", and I would be able to, so that's on your part. Before I charge anyone, I show them previous work, and they love it, so if you didn't like it, you could have asked for a refund or for me to redo it.

Please don't blame that on me when you had chances to get your money back or a better quality render.
GregDearman

Post by GregDearman »

I don't think I've ever charged for a render, I'm no way near is good as P2sta but I think mine are okay, make sure what you're doing is worth charging for.
John23

Post by John23 »

GregDearman wrote:I don't think I've ever charged for a render, I'm no way near is good as P2sta but I think mine are okay, make sure what you're doing is worth charging for.
Honestly, thanks, but I've had people who wanted $2-$3 renders, and they end up sending $10 because they love the quality, so I am just pricing it based on what others have paid.
Monsterenergy52
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FBI

Post by Monsterenergy52 »

Wow scumbag, $10 for this. Just do us all a favor and leave this community. I wouldn't pay a penny for that render. I'd rather learn myself than pay you to do the same thing I probably would of done on my first render.
GregDearman

Post by GregDearman »

Monsterenergy52 I feel you're being a bit too harsh. Yeah it's not the best render in the world, I agree it's not worth ten dollars but instead try being constructive with your criticism.

John for the render he posted he's a few things I'd like to say:

- use either a matching colour or realistic textures for your background and floor like a brick wall and concrete or asphalt for the ground

- increase your samples

- Look into emession planes for lighting

- have a look at the nodes and try pick something that will add a shine to it or make it brighter as it looks too full for me

- try making the background one side so it doesn't show the corner

Just a few things I feel your renders would benefit from, good on you for trying though
John23

Post by John23 »

Monsterenergy52 wrote:Wow scumbag, $10 for this. Just do us all a favor and leave this community. I wouldn't pay a penny for that render. I'd rather learn myself than pay you to do the same thing I probably would of done on my first render.
Calm your tits bro. Have you seen my most recent work? No, so do more research before bagging someone.
John23

Post by John23 »

GregDearman wrote:Monsterenergy52 I feel you're being a bit too harsh. Yeah it's not the best render in the world, I agree it's not worth ten dollars but instead try being constructive with your criticism.

John for the render he posted he's a few things I'd like to say:

- use either a matching colour or realistic textures for your background and floor like a brick wall and concrete or asphalt for the ground

- increase your samples

- Look into emession planes for lighting

- have a look at the nodes and try pick something that will add a shine to it or make it brighter as it looks too full for me

- try making the background one side so it doesn't show the corner

Just a few things I feel your renders would benefit from, good on you for trying though
Thanks for the help! I have gotten much better now
GregDearman

Post by GregDearman »

Good to hear! Have a look at the scene P2sta released on his Facebook page and try rendering with that to get an idea of background images and lighting
Monsterenergy52
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FBI

Post by Monsterenergy52 »

It's hard to be constructive when the mate charges for everything. You should make renders and gear because you enjoy it. Instead of charging you should do it for free so you get more customers. More customers = more render time = better quality renders. I am not going to pay you $10 for that quality. Plus I highly doubt it takes more than 30 min for that render so I don't see the "It takes too much time." being accurate.