2015 RaceFactory Outdoor Nationals

Organize races and post results here
motocross_will

Re: 2015 RaceFactory Outdoor Nationals

Post by motocross_will »

m121c wrote:That's kinda flawed thinking don't think? If others/you find it enertaining you shouldn't get money because your having fun? In it jist thats what your saying.

Thats it, call Dungey and the rest of them, no more paychecks. I'm sure the racing will go on right?
So we are getting the honda for free? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Tbh I think we should just do away with the whole replica type series. It takes out the fun for the creators and some of the racers including myself. I would prefer if there were more localcross, fantasy, "fun type series".
Gasque363
Team: BPC

Post by Gasque363 »

TH_722 wrote:Tbh I think we should just do away with the whole replica type series. It takes out the fun for the creators and some of the racers including myself. I would prefer if there were more localcross, fantasy, "fun type series".
You wouldnt qualify anyways :shock:
MXTYSEN21
Team: Volcom Racing

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

So you're saying Dungey and all them only race for money? If they got no paychecks they would say fuck motocross and never race again huh? Maybe I misunderstood. I'm just saying we all started this for fun. No one ever forced anyone to do anything. Now its been a few years and you're getting burnt out so you bitch about money. Which is okay I understand. Why not be more professional about it though? Maybe I only saw shitty posts. I just think the issue could have been brought out in a much better fashion.
you are a G jlv
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

MXTYSEN21 wrote:So you're saying Dungey and all them only race for money?
Well, race at the pro level, yes. There was just an interview with Dungey where he mentions that, actually. I think it was on MX Nation. Also, look at Ryan Villipotos career. Even money wasn't enough after a while hence his early retirement.
MXTYSEN21

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

Okay, I'd say very few only race for money then. Chad Reed is proof to that. He kept racing because he loves it. He spent money to race. Half the riders out there barely get payed at all I bet. They still race.
you are a G jlv
bishop121
Team: lucas oil racing

Post by bishop121 »

lets look back at when rF started did wheels/sween start it to make money? i think he started it to bring in some of/the fastest mxsim racers and give players something to push for to be faster and thats what has happen, he started rF for racers to have races every week to enjoy the game not have this turn in to a job,
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

I understand what you mean Tysen but I could see how making tracks every week (exceptions for the couple 1 week offs) gets really time consuming and really old really fast. If you started getting paid for winning races what would that make you want to do? Win more races. So put that example into making tracks, you like making tracks but for doing it for so long it gets old. I like the idea on the track thread about having a donation button on the bottom of the post, $5 here and there will add up by the end of the season and honestly isn't alot but better then nothen.
MXTYSEN21

Post by MXTYSEN21 »

Yeah I can understand it getting old after years of doing it. I would rather have them try putting a donation button on track threads like you said and things like that. Make it extremely noticeable. I looked at a few track threads and there was nothing about donations, I did not look at comments though. I think that would be better then forcing riders to pay. I would pay and I'm sure many others would too, I just wouldn't want it to be that way. As I feel if we get it out there how important donations are we can make the creators and everyone involved happy. Also keeping many more happy, like the racers that wouldn't or couldn't pay to race if it were that way. After all this I'd hope to see more donations come in. I'm going too as soon as I can.
you are a G jlv
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

MXTYSEN21 wrote:Yeah I can understand it getting old after years of doing it. I would rather have them try putting a donation button on track threads like you said and things like that. Make it extremely noticeable. I looked at a few track threads and there was nothing about donations, I did not look at comments though. I think that would be better then forcing riders to pay. I would pay and I'm sure many others would too, I just wouldn't want it to be that way. As I feel if we get it out there how important donations are we can make the creators and everyone involved happy. Also keeping many more happy, like the racers that wouldn't or couldn't pay to race if it were that way. After all this I'd hope to see more donations come in. I'm going too as soon as I can.
Chris has a donate button in his signature. So yes, it's in every thread he posts in. :lol:

You need to remember, Pro's do this as there job. Yes they picked a career that they love but it is still a job.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

MXTYSEN21 wrote:Yeah I can understand it getting old after years of doing it. I would rather have them try putting a donation button on track threads like you said and things like that. Make it extremely noticeable. I looked at a few track threads and there was nothing about donations, I did not look at comments though. I think that would be better then forcing riders to pay. I would pay and I'm sure many others would too, I just wouldn't want it to be that way. As I feel if we get it out there how important donations are we can make the creators and everyone involved happy. Also keeping many more happy, like the racers that wouldn't or couldn't pay to race if it were that way. After all this I'd hope to see more donations come in. I'm going too as soon as I can.
Chris has a donate button in his signature. So yes, it's in every thread he posts in. :lol:

You need to remember, Pro's do this as there job. Yes they picked a career that they love but it is still a job.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

I think the best bet, if they wanted to charge, would be to have a pay-to-download link. Like Selz.

Set it at a $1.00 download. That's on par with other racing game's DLC. That gets rid of Johnny Hosterpants creating a new series and the demand for a track that's already paid for (if you paid a higher amount to race the whole series). I get that some people will share it amongst themselves, that's just the nature of the beast unfortunately, but I'd like to think the majority of people would be happy to pay the buck for a Top-Quality weekly track.

I know you'll say that's why there's a donate button, but if people can get it for free legitimately, donating is rarely going to cross most of their minds.
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Either way, whether they want to charge or continue doing it for free, that's completely up to them. I'll happily download the tracks regardless.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

Even if it's a dollar per track, almost every group will probably do a rotation thing. Where one person pays and hands out the track one week and then someone else the next so on and so forth. rF would be dealing with "piracy" in a way
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I don't think it really matters, no one at RF has chimed in on them wanting to do it so everyone is freaking out over nothing.