New Way of skinning

Post about creating and skinning models here
MOTOZ293
Team: Hog Heaven Racing

New Way of skinning

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Hey Guys, I have thought of a new way to skin for sim. Since im an art student, i was thing that i could trace cut outs, hand draw the design, scan it into Illustrator and vector it all, then color it into photoshop. So i guess this is a question directed more towards the upper level skinners. How do you guys think it would turn out? Is it worth the trial and error? I think a great thing about it is that you could get even more creative with the design, but the down fall is that i would be time consuming
ryxn

Re: New Way of skinning

Post by ryxn »

I wouldn't recommended doing it that way but a similar method would be to illustrate using a (I don't know what it's called so I'll try explain) virtual pen and paper USB thingy that you can buy from amazon or wherever and just hand draw stuff straight onto the template.
Fair Play.
Pottsy
Team: Privateer

Post by Pottsy »

ryxn wrote:I wouldn't recommended doing it that way but a similar method would be to illustrate using a (I don't know what it's called so I'll try explain) virtual pen and paper USB thingy that you can buy from amazon or wherever and just hand draw stuff straight onto the template.
I think what he is thinking of is a Wacom tablet. Its like an iPad for photoshop. Worth checking into!
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

You'd be much better off just getting a tablet and drawing straight into Photoshop. Save you some time. Plus if you're good enough, you could just draw at a 2x scale then scale it down and not bother vectoring it.
Hi
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

Okay, thank you. ill definatley look into that
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

Pottsy wrote:
ryxn wrote:I wouldn't recommended doing it that way but a similar method would be to illustrate using a (I don't know what it's called so I'll try explain) virtual pen and paper USB thingy that you can buy from amazon or wherever and just hand draw stuff straight onto the template.
I think what he is thinking of is a Wacom tablet. Its like an iPad for photoshop. Worth checking into!
Yeah this is what I meant. I could not think of what they were called
Fair Play.
MOTOZ293

Post by MOTOZ293 »

My school has some, so if i find spare time in class ill try it out, and post the gyazo on here so you guys can see
Pottsy
Team: Privateer

Post by Pottsy »

MOTOZ293 wrote:My school has some, so if i find spare time in class ill try it out, and post the gyazo on here so you guys can see
Im looking forward to seeing what you can come up with!
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

sounds interesting, looking forward to the results
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet