M121C's Early-Access Honda Now Available!

Post about creating and skinning models here
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Re: M121C's Early-Access Honda Now Available!

Post by dbaum25moto »

dbaum25moto wrote:Damn.... There should be a website, where you can whitelist who can download a file. If you arent on the whitelist, It wont let you download it.
Like do it through IP's
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Actually, I dont think that would fix anything
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

dbaum25moto wrote:Damn.... There should be a website, where you can whitelist who can download a file. If you arent on the whitelist, It wont let you download it.
The thought is good, but fact is, it only takes one person to get it and re-upload it to get around that.

There are realistically 3 solutions:
A) Don't share your content with anyone at all
B) Share your content all with everyone at the same time
C) Share your content to limited people or at different times and accept it will be distributed beyond your control

I was under the understanding that Mason had stated prior that even if the content was leaked or no matter what happened, it would publicly be available on the same date no matter what. I think he was trying to limit the sharing by limiting the number of people who had it wit hthe high price point, but I would have to expect that somewhere along the lines he expected this to happen. History shows this to be the case and Mason is way smarter than to not know that. It is unfortunate and I think those who shared it are indeed low life scum.

It's a shame, the bike looks great and would be a great addition to the game.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Yeah, you're right. This is from the first post...
What happens if it gets leaked,ripped, or pass around during the early access time period?

This is one thing I want to be clear: there are no refunds. By getting a early access Honda you are aware of the risk of ripping and luckily we have measures to protect that. Ultimately the bike will be released for free whether it gets ripped or not.
Hmm...
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

It is really a shame. I was hoping to learn to skin and then make a honda skin for outdoors ): To the people who shared:
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

aeffertz wrote:Yeah, you're right. This is from the first post...
What happens if it gets leaked,ripped, or pass around during the early access time period?

This is one thing I want to be clear: there are no refunds. By getting a early access Honda you are aware of the risk of ripping and luckily we have measures to protect that. Ultimately the bike will be released for free whether it gets ripped or not.
Hmm...
To be fair, he knew the bike was being leaked, but on a smaller scale. He knew it had a few shares and he was cool with that because that is why he charged. But he had over 80 downloads on ONE link that went to 2 people. See it from his side. You have zero attachment to that bike.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I'd be upset too, it's super shitty. Im just quoting his first post which goes against what he's saying now. Although it'd be cool for the community, it doesn't bother me personally if he releases it or not to be honest.

I just wish he knew exactly which one, or maybe if both of them, shared the link so we could shun them. :lol:
m121c

Post by m121c »

checkerz wrote:
The thought is good, but fact is, it only takes one person to get it and re-upload it to get around that.

C) Share your content to limited people or at different times and accept it will be distributed beyond your control
D) Sell personalized scrammed packs. Yamaha plan 2.0 - Ultimate control and no risk of buyers getting screwed over by a kid with mommy and daddy's credit card. Unfortunately removes source files, but who needs source files when you can just pay me to make the pack for you, and it's a sure thing it will actually have a normal map! :lol:

So true on the re-upload part, can only imagine how many other people have it.

Thanks for the compliment too Chris, it is shame the bike won't be public I always like seeing people use my work.

Getting slapped in the face by 80 people.. Put yourself in my shoes and ask yourself if you would release something that took you months to make. I'm over being for this "community".
Blastur
Team: The Boss One

Post by Blastur »

m121c wrote:
checkerz wrote:

D) Sell personalized scrammed packs. Yamaha plan 2.0 - Ultimate control and no risk of buyers getting screwed over by a kid with mommy and daddy's credit card. Unfortunately removes source files, but who needs source files when you can just pay me to make the pack for you, and it's a sure thing it will actually have a normal map! :lol:

So true on the re-upload part, can only imagine how many other people have it.

Thanks for the compliment too Chris, it is shame the bike won't be public I always like seeing people use my work.

Getting slapped in the face by 80 people.. Put yourself in my shoes and ask yourself if you would release something that took you months to make. I'm over being for this "community".
Tru. i bought this legit and then 79 other people gwt ir for free. fml 100$ down the drain...
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I mean not really. Because thanks to those 2 people, the bike won't be handed out to the public for free. So now you're part of a more exclusive group than you would've been
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Hopefully you read the post as intended and realize I am supporting your decision. I am only surprised that you're surprised (if you are) that idiots jacked this up. I really hope those who jacked it get punished by every organization in the game. I'm curious to see this Yamaha plan play out.
m121c

Post by m121c »

checkerz wrote:Hopefully you read the post as intended and realize I am supporting your decision. I am only surprised that you're surprised (if you are) that idiots jacked this up. I really hope those who jacked it get punished by every organization in the game. I'm curious to see this Yamaha plan play out.
Forsure. I'm not surprised at all by what happened, I mean I didn't expect 81 downloads though, especially on the download that I uploaded. Like, how fucking lazy can you be? They could at least upload it so I didn't know right? :lol:
John23

Post by John23 »

God Dammit
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I think Kickstarter/Indigogo is the best option personally. I think with that method more people can donate a smaller amount and if the goal is met then bam release it and nothing to rip.

With the stretch goals on Kickstarter you could even set an amount where source files would be released vs. just a basic scram of the stock bike and a few skins.

I would be totally down for that, I just can't justify paying $100 for a bike personally because I just play for enjoyment and TBH I only really ride when testing out track stuff these days anyways.

It does suck that one person ruined it for everyone.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

name and shame Mason.
Donate if you like My Creations