Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by attacker5 »

Il be happy to retopo that for ingame use, depends on what you like.
Will-Hughes#205
Team: Atlas | TLD

Post by Will-Hughes#205 »

attacker5 wrote:Il be happy to retopo that for ingame use, depends on what you like.
Wut? :?
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Retopo is when you work over a high poly and make it a low poly using the geometry data from the high, so its quite fast. Then we can possibly even use your cad model as a normal bake, should look real sick if we can pull it off.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Im interested to see how they are going to do the plastics in Cad. That's if you plan on doing that. Definitely cool though.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Boblob801 wrote:
760Liam wrote:If you're already going that much into detail with the model, are you going to use a 4k map?
To be Honest I think he will have to use a 64x64 pixel map or it will crash everyones game. Theres more polys in that brake level than there is in a normal mxs bike :lol:
With that said I'm pretty sure its not meant for sim.
CAD programs don't operate the same way that solid modeling programs work. You can zoom in forever on a CAD model and it will still show the same level of detail. There are no polygons per say like there are with solid modeling. Only when you export do you specify the amount of detail you would like (polygon count). The program then does its best job to interpret how to produce a polygonal model. :wink:

As far as plastics go, ask shadow. He did much more than I but we were joint working on a kx125 in solidworks. Plastics are difficult if you don't have references and dimensions. The actually surface modelling isn't too terrible but it has a steep learning curve.
Will-Hughes#205
Team: Atlas | TLD

Post by Will-Hughes#205 »

ddmx wrote:
Boblob801 wrote:
760Liam wrote:If you're already going that much into detail with the model, are you going to use a 4k map?
To be Honest I think he will have to use a 64x64 pixel map or it will crash everyones game. Theres more polys in that brake level than there is in a normal mxs bike :lol:
With that said I'm pretty sure its not meant for sim.
CAD programs don't operate the same way that solid modeling programs work. You can zoom in forever on a CAD model and it will still show the same level of detail. There are no polygons per say like there are with solid modeling. Only when you export do you specify the amount of detail you would like (polygon count). The program then does its best job to interpret how to produce a polygonal model. :wink:

As far as plastics go, ask shadow. He did much more than I but we were joint working on a kx125 in solidworks. Plastics are difficult if you don't have references and dimensions. The actually surface modelling isn't too terrible but it has a steep learning curve.
I dont need to worry about plastics, me and Benji are working together and he uses blender and is currently making the plastics
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Its been awhile
I feel like I should change the norms for the rivets.

Hi
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

That looks nice Stevo! As for the norms, the rivets look like they're inverted. Couldn't just be me though... :)
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

Well the only problem I see is the rivets are recessed in the band. Not hard to fix.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Still not final, going to do some more work on the diffuse but I fixed the rivets.

Hi
NAUpoiss75
Team: Spazztic

Post by NAUpoiss75 »

Looks clean man,good job!
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

That looks great, good job !
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
Coco #194

Post by Coco #194 »

just tried to make my first model for mxs, thanks to Hunter Poarch to exported it and Maxime9014 for the help!

2013 EMF & French SX Champion / 2013 MXSON Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjfO5GCvwJo
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

FUCK YEAH ORTEMA! I have it in real life, i can send you as many pics as you want, pm me or pm me on facebook
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

Hey Guys Me and Ryan Vickers...We are new at modeling and we decided to start on the 2014 yz450f.. we started once yamaha released there photos of the bike and we have been working on the bike for about 2 months now... This is our progress.... We are gonna be using DJs front fender as it is still the same...