Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by attacker5 »

Haha Yz, well, as for a starting point, start with a primitive that will most easily get formed into the shape you want.

The thing to remember, is don't put something in the scene, move verts around and then wonder why it looks bad. Its very important to know that the application is simply a tool, you still need to put everything in place. You need to visualize the wireframe before you even start 3ds or blender. You need to know in your head exactly what you need where and the exact shape you want to achieve. Its important to focus on one part at a time, although thinking ahead isn't a bad idea, because you want shapes to blend.

What I will do, is make a tutorial on the back fender or a shroud for example. You guys are also welcome to come to my teamspeak at like 12 at night for the Americans, I often broadcast when I model something and people usually find that helpful. Besides for the broadcasts, the discussion in there especially when mason's around are usually quite alien so there is a lot to learn if you guys want.

Cheers
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

Probably should post my ts ip:

attacker.typefrag.com:4420
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

some good info for coming on the last few pages, really made me think about how I model something. Im new and go way high poly lol. Got to change that.

When you guys talk about modeling with planes.... How in the heck does this give you a 3rd dimension, wouldnt a plane be just two axis's?
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

well, to start with yes, but you form it and extrude edges. The best way to learn I think is to watch tutorials, it just gives ideas and techniques.
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

OK cool. Thats what I was thinking, that you are manipulating them into the shape you want. That makes sense now.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

attacker5 wrote:You need to visualize the wireframe before you even start 3ds or blender. You need to know in your head exactly what you need where and the exact shape you want to achieve. Its important to focus on one part at a time, although thinking ahead isn't a bad idea, because you want shapes to blend.
If you can do this then you're a god. I normally make a model 2 or 3 times over just because mid way through I noticed things that would greatly improve the flow, shape and poly count. So when he says "thinking ahead isn't a bad idea" he really means you better think ahead or you'll run into problems.
Hi
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

I'm intrigued to see what you call "low low low low low low poly," could you take a pic of an example? :D
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

Sure, this is an example of how the shroud started. just quick extrusions, yet it took more than an hiur, because no matter from what angle you look at this shape, its curvy, yes, even with this low amount of polys. Curves are about vert positioning, not hoe many polys there are.

Baranek.21
Team: Privateer

Post by Baranek.21 »

what to do? it is a program? :roll:
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Upcoming freestyle model by Jeston (AKA Jack Jeffries), check out his Facebook page and give it a 'like' here
https://www.facebook.com/Jeston226

MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

WellsMX524 wrote:Upcoming freestyle model by Jeston (AKA Jack Jeffries), check out his Facebook page and give it a 'like' here
https://www.facebook.com/Jeston226

Looks amazing
L2op
Team: quoi

Post by L2op »

Update of the FMX bike from Jeston, check out his page : https://www.facebook.com/Jeston226?fref=ts

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/7055/pem9.jpg

Hail iz me, me
yamahakid427

Post by yamahakid427 »

attacker5 wrote:Ok cool, now try to smooth out that low poly as much as you can, there should not be one vertex if it doesn't have a purpose.

The thing is, you have to visualize the shape before you start to model it. You need to see the wireframe and how the wireframe is going to work, before you start to actually do it. Remember the program isnt going to model something for you, it is simply a tool you use to make YOUR creation, do not follow the reference that precisely until you have a good grasp on what you are doing. The most important part is curves, as I have stated before.

Curvy shapes, no straight lines, and blocked out models.

If you can block your model out in very low poly, then come in and add more geometry to make it look smoother, but the worst thing, is lots of geometry that's just chilling there and it doesn't even flow.

This is by no means the best, but here is an example. Yes lots of geometry is used, but it was added in later, notice how every vertex has a purpose and none of them end up in a straight line, its curves everywhere.

Yo if you need pictures let me know i have a 2013 yz250 id be glad to help out with some good quality close up pictures for you to reference off of just let me know
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I will release this grip model when my FB page reaches 93 likes.

FMX version released at 107 likes.

Template at 156 likes.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

y u no give me credits boiii :lol:
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like