frankie

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Postby frankie » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:00 pm

:shock: perfect poly flow, just love how it looks

Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Postby Andy_Hack » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Even tho i already saw it, but here my arrogant opinion, Mason's model is beeing pretty much the only bike model in weeks in this topic thats just amazing work, unlike most of the others.
Great job!

Jsemmens1997
Team: Stance Moto

Postby Jsemmens1997 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Andy_Hack wrote:Even tho i already saw it, but here my arrogant opinion, Mason's model is beeing pretty much the only bike model in weeks in this topic thats just amazing work, unlike most of the others.
Great job!

I some what have to agree.

Jre
Team: squid

Postby Jre » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:26 pm

m121c wrote:She's getting there, probably 90% modeled so far.

Yeah def good work since the last time I saw it and the bike has got a lot more depth. I just got shivers down to my spine when I saw that frame, awesome. However I'm just not the biggest fan of the triangles where the support edges are ending. They will make the edge flow distorted like that one under the rear brake caliper, the edge shouldn't bend like that. With that poly count, it wouldn't be a problem to use quads and continue the clean line, and put a weld there to separate the tip of the swingarm since the frame has them modeled as well.
Are you going to reduce the poly count on the engine? Because that is pretty unnecessarily much there for example the waterpump and small things. I mean the polycount isn't balanced. May have said before.
But yeah keep it up, waiting for more!
Check & like my MXS creations FB page: http://www.facebook.com/JreMXS

m121c

Postby m121c » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Last I checked I think the tris count was around 37k. I know that is way more than any other model and it may sound ignorant as, but I don't think it will get any lower. I just like detail, but I also don't want it to be too ridiculous. I still need to go over the whole bike and delete all the faces sticking into other geometry so that should bring it down but not very much. We will see, LOD's should help out also if they are really good but considering I've never made LOD's before it will be interesting. :lol:

Jre: Thanks for the awesome feedback! Are you talking about the bevel on the edges of the swing arm that just kind of end? I didn't really know any other way to do it because the new Honda really do just end like that. Although I guess I could just tighten up the edges and make it a sharper angle where it ends? Or are you saying use those extra edges to make a weld where they all triangle together?

Ya the poly count isn't too balanced, there are certain parts I wanted to really put some emphasis on but I agree with you the water pump is a out of control as well as the clutch cover and a few others. The reason the clutch cover is the way it is though is it's all one piece.. I don't know why I just wanted to model all the tabs all in one piece. My biggest downfall is when to say when on the detail and try to preserve polys, I get a little out of control with it. :lol:

GoPro HD

Postby GoPro HD » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:46 pm

That model is ridiculous. Excellent work Mason. :shock:

Jre

Postby Jre » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:15 pm

m121c wrote:Jre: Thanks for the awesome feedback! Are you talking about the bevel on the edges of the swing arm that just kind of end? I didn't really know any other way to do it because the new Honda really do just end like that. Although I guess I could just tighten up the edges and make it a sharper angle where it ends? Or are you saying use those extra edges to make a weld where they all triangle together?

Well it's weird but I realized the new honda has basically very similar swingarm as the older ones and even the CR. I believe the tip is pretty much identical, so I decided to finish mine at this point just for curiosity.
So this is my way to do it. Some would add an extra edge to the weld since it's pretty fat sometimes, but as welds tends to be always different and in some bikes they are pretty flat. I'm just going to map it to look like and I think it will be enough for my model.

Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Postby Motolife_99 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Jre wrote:the tip is pretty

Jre

Postby Jre » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Yea have you ever seen yours?

Motolife_99
Team: KMR

Postby Motolife_99 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Don't bring my tip into this :lol:

m121c

Postby m121c » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks for the visual Jre, I know what mean now I think that looks a lot better as well.

taylerbelle

Postby taylerbelle » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:36 am

m121c

Are you making your honda a public release or is it just private?

James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Postby James_122 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:13 pm

taylerbelle wrote:m121c

Are you making your honda a public release or is it just private?

Haha this is great.

Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Postby Andy_Hack » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:38 pm

I had a good laugh :lol:

yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Postby yzmxer608 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:47 pm

m121c wrote: I still need to go over the whole bike and delete all the faces sticking into other geometry so that should bring it down but not very much.

This got me thinking, are most separate objects not connected? For example, is the kickstarter just sitting against the case (I'm assuming so by the way it looks)? This is probably the hardest part of laying out a model for me, figuring out which pieces I should try to make one solid object, and which I can just set against another face/object. Do you keep just enough of the part inside of the other to not show then? Does this do anything to the shading of the model? I know it'll give you abrupt changes on AO rendering but I mean the way lighting acts at the joint where the two separate objects meet. I've done this a lot before but mostly because I suck at modeling and couldn't figure out how to connect them :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.

Return to “Model and Skin Editing”