Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
KTM57

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by KTM57 »

Jay wrote:also you claim we charge more for the model than the game here is the difference.

$40 = Game x 20k+ purchases
$100 = model x ~10 purchases
That might be the most retarded thought process I've ever witnessed.

The value of man hours will never match up to the value of the model in MX Sim, but you'll earn my respect if you manage to make some sales at that pricing. :lol: Model looks solid, what is it going to be used for?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Jsemmens1997
Team: Stance Moto

Post by Jsemmens1997 »

:shock:
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

Jsemmens1997 wrote::shock:
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

Beast2013 wrote:
Jsemmens1997 wrote: :shock:
kawimx630
Team: J&K Racing

Post by kawimx630 »

Jay wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote: blah blah blah blah
Anyway.

I will charge what I want for it... its also not illegal to sell a blend file.

also you claim we charge more for the model than the game here is the difference.

so you expect to make up for it by charging 100 each? youll be lucky if 10 people buy if but if you lowered it to like 30-50$ youd have more people buying it and more people using it isnt that what you want? people to use something you made its like KTM57 said it will never match up to man hours
jason_pama
Team: MotoRAD

Post by jason_pama »

Looking really good jay!
m121c

Post by m121c »

kawimx630 wrote:
Jay wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote: blah blah blah blah
Anyway.

I will charge what I want for it... its also not illegal to sell a blend file.

also you claim we charge more for the model than the game here is the difference.

so you expect to make up for it by charging 100 each? youll be lucky if 10 people buy if but if you lowered it to like 30-50$ youd have more people buying it and more people using it isnt that what you want? people to use something you made its like KTM57 said it will never match up to man hours
So don't buy it if you don't like the price? Not sure why that is so hard... :?
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

kawimx630 wrote: but 100$ is a bit of a stretch
So get 9 other people to go in on it with you and itll cost you $10. :lol:
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

M@xTizZz wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:...
I don't see why it's illegal to sell stuff for this game? However I'm using Wings3D(free) and Blender(free) for modeling and I bought Photoshop CS4 years ago when it was on sale, so don't try to blackmail me.
Anyway I don't see the point to argue anymore. All this complaining is only making people like me and Jay care even less about what you guys want. This might sound a little harsh, but you would understand once you made a whole bike for this community.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Bhardy448
Team: team.fammx.com

Post by Bhardy448 »

Andy_Hack wrote:This might sound a little harsh, but you would understand once you made a whole bike for this community.
I don't see this as harsh in anyway.. These "kids" have no respect for the people that actually contribute to this game. If it wasn't for you guys they would still be running the stuff they found on Pure mxs. I know absolutely nothing about modeling, and I don't plan to know. I will either option A) Patiently wait for something to be released to public, or B) save my money and purchase it. There will be no option C) Of bashing anyone on there work, or their decision to sell something that they have put countless man hours into KNOWING they will never earn the amount of money to pay off their hard work. SO thank you Jay, Andy, Mason, Chex, and anyone else that still (why i dont know), contribute to this shit show.
jlv wrote:It's OK. I think he's Australian.
LenawayMX119
Team: C1Way Designs

Post by LenawayMX119 »

Bhardy448 wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:This might sound a little harsh, but you would understand once you made a whole bike for this community.
I don't see this as harsh in anyway.. These "kids" have no respect for the people that actually contribute to this game. If it wasn't for you guys they would still be running the stuff they found on Pure mxs. I know absolutely nothing about modeling, and I don't plan to know. I will either option A) Patiently wait for something to be released to public, or B) save my money and purchase it. There will be no option C) Of bashing anyone on there work, or their decision to sell something that they have put countless man hours into KNOWING they will never earn the amount of money to pay off their hard work. SO thank you Jay, Andy, Mason, Chex, and anyone else that still (why i dont know), contribute to this shit show.
Corbin Lenaway | 216
Twitter/Instagram: @LenawayMX

salamanda101
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by salamanda101 »

id pay 100. i dont see what the big deal is here? let the dude do what he wants, looks so sick jay. dunno how you do it man!
vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

Alright well for anyone who is bitching about having to pay for a bike model or really anything for the game needs to sit down and understand that no one has to release anything "free" to the community... be lucky that you even have the chance to buy something.. its as simple as you dont need to bitch and complain because its not freely released. sim community thinks that they are intitled to having free shit, when people like Jay,Andy,Mason and the countless others that spend many many hours creating things and when they decide to sell their work to try and get something back for the work they had put in people feel the need to bitch and shit. i really dont see the point of why people complain about it as it will not influnce the descion of the person. if you want the model buy it, if not then dont.. its simple
GustavoMX930'
Team: 2 good 4 a team

Post by GustavoMX930' »

i know people who pay over $200 on CS:GO skins, i dont see why buying a model for $100 is such a big deal, it's pretty much the same thing. Looks sick Jay, keep it up man
jlv wrote:
Rush wrote:Why was UID 12235 not banned as well? he was doing the same thing.
Because he didn't come in here and confess like an idiot.