Post about creating and skinning models here
Bhardy448
Team: team.fammx.com

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by Bhardy448 »

KTM57 wrote:
Bhardy448 wrote:ust stop.
lol how mad r u tho

I'm impressed that the UVs work that well together.
I'm not mad, at all honestly.
jlv wrote:It's OK. I think he's Australian.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Got the heli down to 5800 tri's, 3000 faces and am currently unwrapping it. I'd like to make some LODs for it, do I need to make new seams and everything on each LOD model to unwrap those or can they share the same unwrapped UV from the higher detail model?
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Its more efficient if they share the same UV but it is a little hard if the shape changes a lot in the lods. Did you wanna show us your helilopter
Hi
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

It's a different model than what I originally started with, but it was 30,000 faces and 56,000 tri's to start with! I liked the style of that other one more, but this one seemed easier to work with initially. Now that I know a lot more about Blender now, I could probably go do the other one but I'm already this far on this one.

p2sta

Post by p2sta »

if you want to save polys and you are not really looking for too much details
1. the blades can be just alpha mapped planes, same for the "wings" at the back
2. most of the tubes can be replaced with 8-12 sided cylinders (of course with some modifications to copy the shape)
3. the main body could be remodeled too, or at least remove the door/window edgelines, they are not necessary if you do a normal map and correct texture...I don't think you will use a transparent windows, right?

that way you would be able to reduce the polys a lot more...or use it for the LODS ;)
m121c

Post by m121c »

I've had more issues with transparencies then I have will polygons, I would stick to solid wings imo. If it's done right it will only cost you some 8-24 tris depending.
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

heli looks sick
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

What' a good way to mimic glass in PS?
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Just detach those areas the make them super reflective. You can do a bit of a gradient also light at top darker at the bottom.
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

127 pictures and 2 1/2 hours later.. lel.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

760Liam wrote:127 pictures and 2 1/2 hours later.. lel.
You are more patient than I am that is for sure.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Shit hot. Now, do that to a full rider
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Nice job. Don't know if was answered before but could you describe a bit the process and program used for that?
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

MFW. Hey bae

Its called photogrammetry, this should cover it pretty well.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

Going back to the topic about poly count of the bike models nowadays..
I've been thinking my line on these things and since I belong to the bunch of poor people who has a PC straight from the stone age, it will be my "style" to keep the models as optimized as I can. So I'm thinking a bike model for this game can still be sick without using hundreds of polys for a little nut somewhere there.
Secondly, I'm thinking it as a wholeness and the fact is that this game still has a pretty poor looking environment compared to other games nowadays (which is obvious because one man can't be a Rainbow studios). Then we will end up zooming the little polygon monster nut on the bike and on the background all we see is blurred track texture and a pine that has the same poly count as the little nut there in the bike. Wow. Such nut there bro can you see it, hell yeah man look at that.. It says KTM man.. Man I have to pee orange now, wanna join me?

Nah I'm not saying these pretty high poly models you guys do are not cool. I'm just personally going to focus more on building an optimized compromise between the topology and realism, which will kick my pleasure nerves way more and give me some priceless experience for my future career and so. Anyways, as many of you know I've been working on a Honda CR250 model for ages. It's still under progress because I have a busy life with the animation work in school and everything, but I have a huge motivation to finish it. Since my life is getting more hectic year by year, and as a student I really have to fight for keeping my economy in balance, I've been thinking about selling my work for a fair price. It will give me a possibility to do stuff for the game when it helps my life at the same time. The price will be something that everyone can happily pay for that kind of additional stuff, realizing it will keep me doing more and more stuff here. So we will see how the CR goes and time will tell what is going to happen next. Guys keep up the good work! :)