Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
JamesLayle721
Crushed Dissenter
Team: JL Designs

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by JamesLayle721 »

aeffertz wrote:Starting to texture this one...

Broooooo
Discord: James Layle#0721
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

aeffertz wrote:Starting to texture this one...
Good man.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Probably spent way too much on the bottom of this thing considering you'll rarely ever see it. But it turned out good so I thought I'd at least show it off in here.

Blake_901

Post by Blake_901 »

Alex youre bouta drop the best 6D out to date gg man thanks for still making good ass shit ik you model and stuff for fun but I still can appreciate some quality ass content and it's cool you're updating everybody with pics and stuff it hypes the release up for real and it's awesome to see how it comes together. 8)
jmayo_2

Post by jmayo_2 »

aeffertz wrote:Probably spent way too much on the bottom of this thing considering you'll rarely ever see it. But it turned out good so I thought I'd at least show it off in here.

Looks dope dude
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Post by chaseb31 »

ur a nuttbag AE
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
Blake_901 wrote:Alex youre bouta drop the best 6D out to date gg man thanks for still making good ass shit ik you model and stuff for fun but I still can appreciate some quality ass content and it's cool you're updating everybody with pics and stuff it hypes the release up for real and it's awesome to see how it comes together. 8)
That’s good to hear. I never know if people see it as spamming stuff or if it’s interesting. I always kinda feel like a kid with a new toy with this stuff I make so I’m always eager to show it come together.
jmayo_2

Post by jmayo_2 »

aeffertz wrote:That’s good to hear. I never know if people see it as spamming stuff or if it’s interesting. I always kinda feel like a kid with a new toy with this stuff I make so I’m always eager to show it come together.
I think it's interesting to see it progress myself. Even though I can't model for shit I've always thought that this thread was cool because you can see the progression of new models, and it gives new models some hype.
Prats7

Post by Prats7 »

aeffertz wrote:Thanks for all the kind words guys!
Blake_901 wrote:Alex youre bouta drop the best 6D out to date gg man thanks for still making good ass shit ik you model and stuff for fun but I still can appreciate some quality ass content and it's cool you're updating everybody with pics and stuff it hypes the release up for real and it's awesome to see how it comes together. 8)
That’s good to hear. I never know if people see it as spamming stuff or if it’s interesting. I always kinda feel like a kid with a new toy with this stuff I make so I’m always eager to show it come together.
Keep it coming it's nice to see the progress and the quality work you put into these models, really motivates me to get into modeling stuff. Never thought on doing a timelapse video on how do you model the goggles or helmets? Could be really interesting for the ones that are trying to learn. Thankss and geat job :D
C.K.234
Team: MXS Magazine KTM

Post by C.K.234 »

Prats7 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Keep it coming it's nice to see the progress and the quality work you put into these models, really motivates me to get into modeling stuff. Never thought on doing a timelapse video on how do you model the goggles or helmets? Could be really interesting for the ones that are trying to learn. Thankss and geat job :D
^^^
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

uhhhhh so basically I got bored today. yeah. Pretty bad because this is my first time but :D
still 2d atm because I've no clue how to make it 3d. Mostly using this for a learning experience
aeffertz

Post by aeffertz »

hvpmvp wrote:uhhhhh so basically I got bored today. yeah. Pretty bad because this is my first time but :D
still 2d atm because I've no clue how to make it 3d. Mostly using this for a learning experience
Cool. Your best bet will be to find an overhead shot and front/rear shots of the bike so you can start bending the plastic into the right shape. It’ll be a combo of that and using your best artistic judgement on the overall shape. You’ll quickly realize how important your poly flow is when you need to start shifting edges and corners and getting it to bend in the right places.

Good luck!
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

really handy for bike plastics is the 360 view decalworks has. You can figure out the shapes quite good from it.

here is link to the kx shrounds for example

https://www.decalmx.com/pages/product/p ... urce=image

top/front/rear view are usually highly affected with perspective so its not really accurate unless you know the camera settings and can set it up the same. But its better than nothing for sure.
I command to look at a lot of photos and just study the shapes and don't be afraid to go back and remake it when you find a mistake in some previous progress, because if you keep it there it will bug you during the whole modeling process
hvpmvp

Post by hvpmvp »

Yeah my poly flow is really bad right now lol. I couldn’t find many reference pics from good angles so thanks for the link P2sta! Any advice for good poly flow?
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

keep it simple and even and follow the shapes. That's the basic rule, its all about practice, you just have to get used to modeling and it will come eventually.