Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by VUSTTOS »

Do they really do that? Ha! Thats freaking awesome!
Alex V111#1017
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

He must be a serious wizard if they really do that :lol:

I thought it's time for me to do some other shit that actually gives me something new to learn.
Yes I know I'm definitely going to have some bad days when trying to get this thing to work in game. Painting the skin weights for the MXS rider rig will be the worst pain I can ever imagine in 3D world, but who cares.
Don't mind the helmet, I'll do my own at some point. And some nice tech 10's.

vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

Looks really well done! i think body sizing might need to be looked at, he looks very very skinny haha
silverskate
Team: BikeGraphix

Post by silverskate »

Jre wrote:He must be a serious wizard if they really do that :lol:

I thought it's time for me to do some other shit that actually gives me something new to learn.
Yes I know I'm definitely going to have some bad days when trying to get this thing to work in game. Painting the skin weights for the MXS rider rig will be the worst pain I can ever imagine in 3D world, but who cares.
Don't mind the helmet, I'll do my own at some point. And some nice tech 10's.

looks awesome, if you will release it please make the UV the same as P2sta's rider model so its easier for skinners
Jre

Post by Jre »

Thanks!
I believe it's the perspective view or then just an opinion thing. Been very picky in this about how a modern young rider with some good physics looks like and they're pretty lightweight. Of course every rider isn't like Roczen.
I have a plan to do the wrists more bulky though.

silverskate wrote:looks awesome, if you will release it please make the UV the same as P2sta's rider model so its easier for skinners
Thanks! Well that is unfortunately not going to happen I think, I'll focus more on how the model looks and works than how easy it is for skinners to copy old designs that eventually will not work as well as supposed. The model is going to be paid stuff but haven't decided how I'll go with it. Need to finish it first and that is a huge amount of work.
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by DCreedz#523 »

After seeing several racers in the flesh, I noticed that they really aren't big guys at all. They are all quite slim and don't have huge bulky arms and legs, I think the body size looks great! If anything it might look a little odd around the knees but I guess that's how it is in real life with knee braces etc.
Jre

Post by Jre »

True that, muscle mass in certain point is only bad in this sport, at least in upper body.
Around the knee area there is going to be a lot of details depending on the pant designs. So the knees lacks all that detail now obviously in the sculpt phase, which makes it look definitely weird at the moment. Yeah there is also the knee braces.
vortexracingleader

I see where your coming from, i actually started on a rider model aswell but never finished it.. if anyone wants to finish it they can have it
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Looking forward to it Jre!
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

vortexracingleader wrote:I see where your coming from, i actually started on a rider model aswell but never finished it.. if anyone wants to finish it they can have it
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/35dbc1847ed9848d522 ... ab0507.png
Can I play with it?
Hi
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

looks like someone finally gave boblob a reason to finally become involved again, ...... THANK YOU
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
vortexracingleader

Boblob801 wrote:
vortexracingleader wrote:I see where your coming from, i actually started on a rider model aswell but never finished it.. if anyone wants to finish it they can have it
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/35dbc1847ed9848d522 ... ab0507.png
Can I play with it?
here haha its the high poly. the poly shouldnt be too hard to make from it.. if i did i may even have the low poly on here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cd1czfjiy ... 1_HP.blend
vortexracingleader

^ sorry wrote that on the phone lol

There is the high poly for anyone who wants it.. i may have the low poly i just need to dig around for it
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

He is a bit odd shaped, did you not use the bones to help with location bud?
Hi
vortexracingleader

i still need to paint the weights and all that with it