Post about creating and skinning models here
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Andy_Hack wrote:
mx985 wrote:
funkychicken wrote:Image
Alright, who's gonna be the first person to attempt the new YZ450? Sure yzmxer will do it soon enough anyway
edit the frame, swing arm, and shrouds and you got a 2018.
Seriously, I hope no one is even thinking about just taking an older Yamaha model, to turn it into a 2018 model.
No offense to anyone who did that with any older model in the past, but I'm just sick of mediocre models, made with lack of motivation and effort.
Wait does this mean your gonna make a FREE yz? or... ps I love you andy ;)
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

Aaron Hall wrote:
skraks wrote: Andy is by far one of the best 3d designers ive seen. the dude puts out immense amounts* of work for people so id be careful with what you say.
lol
lol x2

*: could you mention the last free models he released please, apparently i missed them
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
ryxn

Post by ryxn »

M@xTizZz wrote:*: could you mention the last free models he released please, apparently i missed them
If you're trying to get at Andy saying he isn't good at modelling because its not free then you need to think again. Thats like saying a builder is bad because you had to buy a house lmao.
Fair Play.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

M@xTizZz wrote:
lol x2

*: could you mention the last free models he released please, apparently i missed them
Didn't I give you my Kawa for emc? Didn't I help Yohann on your KTMs back then? Didn't I make Objects for EMF and French Cup Tracks? Heck I even hosted one or two official EMF events and helped you guys hosting for almost 4 seasons. Pretty cool how much you appreciate the things people do for you.

Honestly, some of you guys should just shut their mouth, I helped whenever I could and did by far more for this game than probably 95% of anyone here on the forums. If you guys only knew of all the things and models you use every day that were made by me or atleast the things i helped people with, then you wouldn't be such ungrateful pricks.
I don't owe you guys a thing, I put a huge amount of time and effort into my stuff, unlike 99% of you guys, I think getting a few bucks in return isn't too much to ask for.

I was only saying that it's a pain in the ass to see all these crappy models out there. Everyone messes models up that were released almost 7 years ago!
I'm not talking about whole models in general that are bad, I'm talking about models that were clearly just modified because of lack of motivation and effort. You can clearly see when someone just yoloed it and I really honor people like Damien, he may not be the best modeller ever, but atleast he does his best to make a whole bike model on his own. If it's not perfect, so be it, but shit, look at his Suzuki, it's a prime example that hard work pays off, he did a damn good job on it and I got a huge amount of respect for him because of that.
All I'm trying to say is, take your time and do your best, instead of just finishing it as fast as possible. This Yamaha deserves someone who actually puts in a lot effort and time into it, to make the first good Yamaha since DJs. I might sound harsh and big headed, but I don't really care, someone had to say it. Thanks to the people who got my back, obviously some still honor what it takes to provide quality work.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Preach it ^^
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

i thought my goggles came out good, spent a whopping 14 hours on them with the help of Mateus on the psd
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Hi
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

I have to agree with Andy. I've thought the same for quite a while now. But hey, who am I. I always quit my projects on the uvmap/bake/texture parts. :|

I miss you Andy. Wish we still talked as much as before :cry:.
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

zebzone235
Team: Lindqvist Racing

Post by zebzone235 »

I just don't get the idea of asking for money for something you have made for a game that you don't own.

I'm not better than anyone else but if i ever get one of my models ingame i sure as hell wont charge for it, sure i may put a lot work into my models, maybe not as much as everyone else but i make an effort.

But that's the charm of an open source game, the community need to release shit for free so that the game will keep on living. If everyone was asking for money then this game would go down the hatch very very fast
Osari52
Team: SYS Racing

Post by Osari52 »

Just my $0.02....

Andy, nobody doubts you're a great designer and model creator dude. I think it's more of people not liking your general attitude about it. Like, just in that post right there, you were patting yourself on the back over and over again. We get it man, kudos. You've done a lot for the community and I appreciate it. But you've also been an egotistically driven character that diminished your value as well. The whole Kawasaki deal was ridiculous from the start in my opinion but I won't even go there.

What irked me about you was when NAUpoiss was making Team Barry's Honda's in 2014, you treated me like dirt. As far as I knew, NAU was making the model and that's all I knew. I still regret that I paid for it, the only time I paid for a model, because NAUpoiss ended up taking the money and running essentially. But I worked out a deal with him, no bearing to you or to anyone else, and that's the deal we did. Then you came to me asking me to pay you for the model since you did something on it, I think the front end or something. I had no idea, I don't give out free money, so I told you no. And you acted like I was the biggest POS because I didn't value the work done on the bike. So I know you hate me, don't really care. Just hate the way you chose to carry yourself.

Also, laughing out loud at the person that told August how to treat Andy in this thread. Comedic gold my friend.

/end
Kellen Brauer | Start Your Systems | Racer X
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

Andy_Hack wrote:
M@xTizZz wrote:
lol x2

Didn't I give you my Kawa for emc? Didn't I help Yohann on your KTMs back then? Didn't I make Objects for EMF and French Cup Tracks? Heck I even hosted one or two official EMF events and helped you guys hosting for almost 4 seasons. Pretty cool how much you appreciate the things people do for you.

Honestly, some of you guys should just shut their mouth, I helped whenever I could and did by far more for this game than probably 95% of anyone here on the forums. If you guys only knew of all the things and models you use every day that were made by me or atleast the things i helped people with, then you wouldn't be such ungrateful pricks.
I don't owe you guys a thing, I put a huge amount of time and effort into my stuff, unlike 99% of you guys, I think getting a few bucks in return isn't too much to ask for.

I was only saying that it's a pain in the ass to see all these crappy models out there. Everyone messes models up that were released almost 7 years ago!
I'm not talking about whole models in general that are bad, I'm talking about models that were clearly just modified because of lack of motivation and effort. You can clearly see when someone just yoloed it and I really honor people like Damien, he may not be the best modeller ever, but atleast he does his best to make a whole bike model on his own. If it's not perfect, so be it, but shit, look at his Suzuki, it's a prime example that hard work pays off, he did a damn good job on it and I got a huge amount of respect for him because of that.
All I'm trying to say is, take your time and do your best, instead of just finishing it as fast as possible. This Yamaha deserves someone who actually puts in a lot effort and time into it, to make the first good Yamaha since DJs. I might sound harsh and big headed, but I don't really care, someone had to say it. Thanks to the people who got my back, obviously some still honor what it takes to provide quality work.
i was not under EMF when you helped them, we're not using any of your models for our track as far as i know (only Talavera's building last year) and i never said you don't give anything to anyone, but giving models to friends is different than releasing for everyone.
Now i think it's still cool to have some free models, based on older free models, so people who don't want to pay can still ride some bikes. If they want better models they can pay for it. I'm not agains the paid stuffs or anything i just think it's cool to have the 2 parts, paid stuffs = good quality, free stuffs = lower quality (and sometimes based on older model)
I respect you, Damien, Jay, P2sta, m121c, attacker and all the guys who did a lot for this game, no problem with that.
I'm just not agree with your last post, if a guy were putting a lot of work into this new yami, making everything on his own, it will not be free for sure, except if P2sta make it, so it's still cool to have someone who make it, even if it's based on older model, even if it's lower quality.
Anyway 80% of the players here have a shitty computer and they don't see the difference in game.
Not really agree with using everything from you, i'm using TM or Jay's kawi bikes and my own gears, last time we used one of your model was the kawi as you said, and it's the old one so like 2 years ago at least and we always gave you credit and much thanks
Maxime Tison
Andy_Hack

Post by Andy_Hack »

You clearly don't get my point. I did make objects and bikes for not just you, but for everyone in this game.
And again, I know that you don't run the Kawasaki anymore, but you did in the past, didn't you? Some kind of appreciation would still be nice, even after a few years, don't you think so?
But nah, you're like:"could you mention the last free models he released please, apparently i missed them"

However, you don't get my point at all. What's so difficult at making for example a swingarm?
I've made this basic swingarm in less than 5 minutes just to proof my point.

The existing Yamaha models all have DJ's old 2010(!) swingarm model and texture!
It's not bad, but is it really too much to ask for to make a new swingarm? It's literally that easy.
The reason behind that is, and I don't care what you say, pure laziness.
M@xTizZz wrote:Anyway 80% of the players here have a shitty computer and they don't see the difference in game.
And well, again you're wrong, want examples?
Here's something Conceptgraff released, it's the Husky with a FMF Pipe (which actually has a PC Silencer).
Loads of people use this model, it's free and one of the models you would call "it's good and it's free"
Just the pipe is almost 29.500 triangles!!!

Here's my WHOLE KTM, 31.300 triangles, do I have to say more?

Proper models result in much better performance!
Lazy people on the other hand just Turbo-Smooth their stuff to make it look somewhat okay... :roll:

Here's the latest Yamaha by yzmxer608:
Everything that's selected (red) is from DJs old 2010 Yamaha.
In this case yzmxer actually really put a lot of work into it! It's something I really honor, I can clearly see that he tried his best to improve the bike with his abilities in modelling, the outcome is obviously the best Yamaha model of them all, however there's still a gap to the quality of DJs original Yamaha. Most of these parts just don't fit the newer Yamahas, which makes the whole bike model look quite odd together with different styles of skinning. (Everyone skins things in a different style, if you mix it, things won't fit together anymore)

Again, I didn't want to offend anyone, but someone had to say it eventually. I think this game deserves a proper Yamaha for once, I'm not talking about a perfect one, but one we as a community can be proud of. Heck, I would even be down to make a front end or anything else, just to get rid of these outdated parts. People who know me, know that I'm always down to help, as long as I can see that people actually try their best. Just look at Mason (m121c), I can't remember how many posts he's already done to help people who are new to modelling. I am sometimes quite surprised how much time and effort he puts into his advices! Jre is another great example. This community definitely has the people who have the ability and the will to give great advice, you guys just have to take it and listen to it.

ily Ruben <3
*fancy signature*
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

TiagoGomesMX wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:mediocre models
but those are the only ones i can afford.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
lmao I'm right there with Tiago. only free things :(
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.
M@xTizZz

Post by M@xTizZz »

Andy_Hack wrote:You clearly don't get my point. I did make objects and bikes for not just you, but for everyone in this game.
And again, I know that you don't run the Kawasaki anymore, but you did in the past, didn't you? Some kind of appreciation would still be nice, even after a few years, don't you think so?
i said i respect you and we gave you credits and much thanks so calm down man, no need to point out the over high-poly fmf model i don't care just because conceptgraff is a friend of mine, i'm not sleeping with him every night so i don't really care how much polys his pipe have, i never used it for my team anyway because of that so i know
also no need to show u're good by making a swingarm in less than 5mn, i know u're good and i'll never post anything against you again

1st i didn't want to reply to you again, but i figured out i'm the only one you're replying to (and not the only one who replyed to your 1st post) so you might like me more than any others so i put some effort to reply to you, now i'm done with it

Thanks for all you did in the past and all you'll do in the future Andy !
Maxime Tison
Andy_Hack

Post by Andy_Hack »

Osari52 wrote:Just my $0.02....
Sorry, didn't see your reply Kellen.
First of all, the whole Kawi thing was a learning process for me, unfortunatly some couldn't wait, which changed my mind about the things I release and about giving source files out for free. But I didn't want to bring this up again. I honestly couldn't care less what people like you think about me, you're not a creator of in-game content, you (and many others) have no clue, but I don't blame you, you just don't know what it takes to do this kinda stuff.

This whole Honda deal on the other hand is quite interesting, I actually hear for the first time that Nau got paid for it... I didn't know that, I only saw your release and nothing more than my name in the credits, that's why i brought it up anywhere on the forums. I guess we both got tricked by Nau on that, but it wasn't the first time.
I spent days on a bike I only made for Barry, because I thought I'd be pretty cool and that an OG team like Barry deserves it, but I never received a personal "thank you", that's what bothered me. I guess an unbiased personal chat could've solved this issue, I'm sorry for that.
M@xTizZz wrote:...
Don't act like I was talking directly to you out of nowhere. I posted my opinion and you gave me shit, so what did you expect? All I did was pointing out the things I was talking about, gave you examples and facts, what did you do? Right, you just threw out some vague suppositions. No hard feelings from my side, I respect what you do for EMF and I always respected you as a person, but I'm not gonna keep my mouth shut when I did already more than enough for you.

All I was trying to say is, that this game needs people who work together on bike projects again, just like back in the days with people like DJ, ddmx, Wilson and all these. Make it rather a community project than a personal one and you'll see it becomes a community bike, instead of a personal bike! The quality went downhill, I might aswell sound like a dick, but hey, atleast I'm honest. The fact that so many great modellers and skinners left this community clearly shows that something isn't right, let's get back to the roots, help people improve their abilities and on their projects, instead of whining about the few people who rather want to work on their own, to be able to sell it, people like m121c, Jre and a few more don't owe this community a single thing. If you want something, go and make it on yourown, if you can't, just learn it, we all started at one point, none of us was great from the beginning.
*fancy signature*