Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by broland278 »

Do you think that will ever actually happen again though? It seems like now days everyone sort of does their own thing and sticks to themselves, which is completely understandable. I think if the community could start working together again it would be cool and i think a lot more could be produced. I am not the best modeler or skinner myself but i have been learning and it felt pretty cool when i made those goggles or any of the other shit i have made for fun. Also just out of curiosity, how come you don't make any post for bikes you make and are selling? It seems like you always have to find out by someone who talks to you or has bought it already.

Not trying to be a dick, but i can agree with most of the main point you are trying to get across. Maybe just instead of saying something relative to if you don't make anything good then dont make anything lol
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

broland278 wrote:Also just out of curiosity, how come you don't make any post for bikes you make and are selling? It seems like you always have to find out by someone who talks to you or has bought it already.
Probably because mxs kids are annoying and he'd get 9000 messages saying they want to buy his bike with monopoly money.
Andy_Hack wrote:The fact that so many great modellers and skinners left this community clearly shows that something isn't right,
Or did they just realise the game wasn't really progressing a lot, then got bored, then grew up and realised there's better things to do?
Hi
broland278

Post by broland278 »

Boblob801 wrote:
broland278 wrote:Also just out of curiosity, how come you don't make any post for bikes you make and are selling? It seems like you always have to find out by someone who talks to you or has bought it already.
Probably because mxs kids are annoying and he'd get 9000 messages saying they want to buy his bike with monopoly money.

Touché.... Didnt think about it that way. haha
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

I actually rather work on my own, so I'm a part of that problem. However, I don't make these bikes for anyone but myself, I just like creating stuff. But again, I'm not the one who is constantly complaining about not having good bikes in this game and why I'm such a dick because I'm charging money for a bike that's good. It's not my problem, I mean, I can do all I want on my own. I'm just trying to help this community find the right path again, instead of complaining, calling me a dick or telling me that I'm asking way too much money, just go and download Blender for free and get on it, it's not easy to learn, but we all had to get through that learning process.
broland278 wrote:Also just out of curiosity, how come you don't make any post for bikes you make and are selling? It seems like you always have to find out by someone who talks to you or has bought it already
The reason behind that is, that people are always like "You're just teasing us, post pictures and then you don't release it for free"
Just like I said, I don't make stuff for this game to show off and tease you guys, I do it because I like creating bikes, that's it. I think business doesn't belong into these forums, that's why I'm trying to keep it as secret as possible. Less people know about it, less get pissed.
Boblob801 wrote:...and realised there's better things to do?
When the p**** is just too damn good :lol:

But back to the Yamaha, I don't force anyone to do what I said, but all I'm trying to say is, that it'd be great to see someone or even a group of people working on it with a passion and hard work instead of just "I wanna be the first to throw out the 2018 YZF, no matter how shitty it is"
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
broland278

Post by broland278 »

Andy_Hack wrote:I actually rather work on my own, so I'm a part of that problem. However, I don't make these bikes for anyone but myself, I just like creating stuff. But again, I'm not the one who is constantly complaining about not having good bikes in this game and why I'm such a dick because I'm charging money for a bike that's good.
I dont care about the money haha that isnt a problem. maybe for people on here that are young or whatever but hey, they can cut some grass or some shit and make some money. I would just like to see the stuff, I enjoy looking at new stuff being made and seeing how people make different things. and if i want it, I'll buy it. I also enjoy creating stuff myself but normally dont put it out because think its shit lol im not good enough yet to just start releasing things because if i release something thats not up to par then you get people just comment things like "It's shit" but they never want to give you a reason why. A lot of people are ungrateful.
Not saying anyone has said that on any of the couple things i have made, but just from what I see in general.
DL.17

Post by DL.17 »

broland278 wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:I actually rather work on my own, so I'm a part of that problem. However, I don't make these bikes for anyone but myself, I just like creating stuff. But again, I'm not the one who is constantly complaining about not having good bikes in this game and why I'm such a dick because I'm charging money for a bike that's good.
I dont care about the money haha that isnt a problem. maybe for people on here that are young or whatever but hey, they can cut some grass or some shit and make some money. I would just like to see the stuff, I enjoy looking at new stuff being made and seeing how people make different things. and if i want it, I'll buy it. I also enjoy creating stuff myself but normally dont put it out because think its shit lol im not good enough yet to just start releasing things because if i release something thats not up to par then you get people just comment things like "It's shit" but they never want to give you a reason why. A lot of people are ungrateful.
Not saying anyone has said that on any of the couple things i have made, but just from what I see in general.
Facts. I do the exact same thing, I spend more time in PS and blender than I do the actual game.
Like my content? Donate here: https://www.paypal.me/DLdesigns1

ryxn wrote:
Hmmm whats that smell....? Bullshit!
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Just release it. Although Andy complains about poor quantity models etc, you should have seen some of the trash he released 10 years ago :lol: :lol: , Jay and myself included. Not everyone will give you feedback but some feedback from releasing it (even as beta) is better then none.
Hi
broland278

Post by broland278 »

Boblob801 wrote:Just release it. Although Andy complains about poor quantity models etc, you should have seen some of the trash he released 10 years ago :lol: :lol: , Jay and myself included. Not everyone will give you feedback but some feedback from releasing it (even as beta) is better then none.
lol maybe i will release some stuff
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Post by DCreedz#523 »

broland278 wrote:
Boblob801 wrote:Just release it. Although Andy complains about poor quantity models etc, you should have seen some of the trash he released 10 years ago :lol: :lol: , Jay and myself included. Not everyone will give you feedback but some feedback from releasing it (even as beta) is better then none.
lol maybe i will release some stuff
Do it if you wanna! I mean, look at Damien. Just a few years back he was fairly unknown with modelling and stuff. Or he was known as the "guy who starts projects and never finishes them." But now look at him, he's improved a lot since then and has released models and what not for FREE! Like Andy said, he is still learning, but so is everyone else. That's just one non-modellers opinion :idea:
broland278

Post by broland278 »

The stuff i have been making is too high poly though lol i did make the HP pro circuit and put it ingame on Jre's cr250 lol its sick but the pipe silencer its self is like 23k tris. but runs perfect ingame for me even with like 20+ people
broland278

Post by broland278 »

this bad boy

m121c

Post by m121c »

Boblob801 wrote: Or did they just realise the game wasn't really progressing a lot, then got bored, then grew up and realised there's better things to do?
Yeah... same.

Ever notice, when people actually put in effort, none of the skilled modelers will actually hate on it? If anything they offer helpful advice or give compliments, or if you are like me you don't really say much at all.

Except we can tell when theres a difference between effort to improve, learn, and you try to do it yourself. Versus those who kick something out super fast, no effort, and little quality in an effort to get some type of forum e-job glory, and be seen as sometype of hero for releasing something.

It's weird how we can tell, kinda like we've been there done that. :?

I don't care how good you are, if you give yourself the time to really want to learn, I will give you the time to give advise. Anyone who has ever pm'd me for help knows I'll will usually reply with lengthy explinations. When I was learning I spent hours talking to Ramon and Andy on TS trying to learn. Heck Ramon did hours of livestreams for people. Don't try dragging guys names through the mud who try to make a buck of gheir hard earned skill because you feel some form of greedy entitlement.
m121c

Post by m121c »

broland278 wrote:this bad boy

This is actually really cool, the charred tip is detail I like to see. I'd work on the metal material though for thr body of the silencer, seems a little wet/glossy.
broland278

Post by broland278 »

m121c wrote:
I don't care how good you are, if you give yourself the time to really want to learn, I will give you the time to give advise. Anyone who has ever pm'd me for help knows I'll will usually reply with lengthy explinations. When I was learning I spent hours talking to Ramon and Andy on TS trying to learn. Heck Ramon did hours of livestreams for people. Don't try dragging guys names through the mud who try to make a buck of their hard earned skill because you feel some form of greedy entitlement.

I don't know if this was pointed towards me or not lol but I didn't say any names or about any of the people who model for this community. I have asked for help and usually get advice. Damien nad p2sta have helped me majorly. Heck, I even paid Damien for his time helping because I wanted to learn the basics and youtube just didn't help me much at the beginning. Now I feel somewhat comfortable doing things but only to an extent haha I am not good at baking and my poly flow may not be the best but its a start! But yeah I thought the texturing came out really cool, I have been using an external texturing program and its working well! it's just hard to get it to look how it does in the program compared to ingame. I really like seeing your guys work and just by looking at how you guys make stuff kinda helps me learn as well.
vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

haha funny people talking about personal growth and all that :P
i went from this
to this in a few years..
its really worth learning and i see it as if you dont want it, dont pay for it.. if you want it .. buy it. i dont see a reason why people continuously bitch and complain that people dont release for free or feel entitled that "hey so and so released their bike for free.. why cant they"
this is why i really stopped making anything for mxs ( plus i have a game to work ).. thanks for the nice comments about me guys :) i think i got this modeling stuff down now ;) ( wish i showcase more but can't right now :( )